• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

So are these prices only available for 24 hours? I haven't found time today to even look into what I may want to buy.
Post above says it all. =(

Allforce

This is a good site for some points guys.

Works in the US/Canada, not sure for the rest of the World.

http://www.crazygametime.com/item/microsoft-points-xbox-live-1200-1600-2400-4000/#buy

You get the codes pretty instantaneous and their service is decent, if at all you have a problem with the code.

$12.99 - 1200 points
$16.99 - 1600 points
$21.99 - 2400 points
$40.99 - 4000 points

That is the better of them, money to points ratio.

Props for this tip, I got 2400 points in like 15 seconds to buy Fez and Mark of the Ninja before midnight tonight during the sale

Im hoping, but fairly certain it will be 33% off, 800 points.

well, it's £11.99 on the uk store right now, so it's either already dropped in the price or we can expect it to drop to £8.99 at some point. I am pretty sure it was £14.99 previously though, the new price is the sale price.

Galdelico

umm, not really...
the Deadlight demo sucks in that it does a bad job at telling me what kind of game it is.

is it a straight up 2D shooter, puzzle platformer or metroidvania type?
I'd say no, kinda and no. :D
You don't really shoot enough to call it a shooter and it's quite straightforward: exploration is pretty much limited and the game offers a linear progression for the most part...
There are platforms and puzzles, tho, but they don't work in a Limbo kind of way: I'd say, think of Deadlight as a modern take on the classic Another World/Flashback formula.

Alot of people hated it, told it had zero gameplay and that it deserved some horrible reviews it got. As for me, I loved it: it has this beautiful old-school feel - it plays well, reminded me of an Amiga game really - mixed with some truly awesome atmosphere and setpieces. Very high production values all around, in my opinion.

It's a short experience, which may fall into trial'n error territory a few times, but for me it's been completely worthy of all the 1200 points I spent on it last summer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Accidentally bought Rayman 3 when I wanted to just download the demo. The way they have this promotion on the dash is quite sneaky!

Accidentally bought Rayman 3 when I wanted to just download the demo. The way they have this promotion on the dash is quite sneaky!

definitely. I almost bought hell yeah last night thinking I was downloading the demo. looking closer, they do make it clear in the title - full game: name of game and so on.

but it is pretty sneaky as the trial is usually the first option when you select a game.

Do we think they'll go all the way down to 1200points for the borderlands season pass, r something more modest? If they do, I should be able to squeeze that in alongside regular priced dragonborn for Skyrim.

Max Payne 3 [GoD] (4800/60$ > 3200MSP/40$)

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Deft Beck

Missed the sale on Fez. I wish the game would just come to PC already.

Oh, well. I'll probably pick up Dust later this week.

I got Jet Set Radio, Fez, Mark of Ninja and Hell Yeah. Going to get Dust for sure and maybe Deadlight and Walking Dead depending on the price.

Hell Yeah is awesome. It reminds me of one of those wacky cartoons that were on MTV's Liquid Television back in the 90's. Real fun game, actually surprised on how much fun it is.

Argh, wanna pick up Trials Evo, but I dunno if I'm gonna get the chance to on Christmas Eve. Do you guys know when these sales start? Midnight, eastern time?

Kweh

Dunno if it's because I am a Silver member, but I can't find these sales on the dashboard anywhere. I had to buy Mark of the Ninja off the website.

UraMallas

Do we think they'll go all the way down to 1200points for the borderlands season pass, r something more modest? If they do, I should be able to squeeze that in alongside regular priced dragonborn for Skyrim.

I will bite at 1200 points but not an Allard more. I haven't decided whether I should by Skyrim GoD or wait until I can find a disc cheap next year but I have a feeling by the time it gets to be cheaper than that I will be playing an Xbox 720 and PS4 so... I dunno.

LkPr

Any chance the Skyrim GoD will drop to $20? I can get a disc copy for that price right now so I'm thinking I should go that route instead of waiting to see if it drops that low for GoD... however all current Boxing Day sales has Skyrim at 29.99 so I'm guessing the GoD will be the same

Lothars

Any chance the Skyrim GoD will drop to $20? I can get a disc copy for that price right now so I'm thinking I should go that route instead of waiting to see if it drops that low for GoD... however all current Boxing Day sales has Skyrim at 29.99 so I'm guessing the GoD will be the same
If you go onto ebay than you can pick up Skyrim GoD for 20, alot of people are selling the codes for cheaper because they came with the syste bundle.

I will bite at 1200 points but not an Allard more. I haven't decided whether I should by Skyrim GoD or wait until I can find a disc cheap next year but I have a feeling by the time it gets to be cheaper than that I will be playing an Xbox 720 and PS4 so... I dunno.

I had the same thought about Dragonborn. I figured "Oh, I should wait til next year, and they'll probably stick it on the same offer as the other dlc this year" but I figure
hope
I'll be waay past these consoles by then. I got 3000points so hopefully this works out.

That's what I'm banking on. Don't disappoint me Gearbox.

Uhhhh, if enough of us say it, hopefully it'll happen haha.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Dunno if it's because I am a Silver member, but I can't find these sales on the dashboard anywhere. I had to buy Mark of the Ninja off the website.
Same but I just searched for the game and found it. Nothing new here as the dashboard is crap.

So no Mass Effect dlc sales this year? Feel like a fool now, I've waited all year to play Mass Effect 3 thinking the From Ashes dlc would go on sale during new year since that's what happened with the previous games.

How is Dust:An Elysian Tail?

very good. the combat can get a touch repetitive, but it's really up to you to mix it up and not spam one or two moves.

it's meaty too, and has a touch of metroidvania to it. not as much as say shadow complex, but there are touches of metroidvania throughout.

Xevren

So no Mass Effect dlc sales this year? Feel like a fool now, I've waited all year to play Mass Effect 3 thinking the From Ashes dlc would go on sale during new year since that's what happened with the previous games.

Nothing advertised at least, they did go on sale Thanksgiving weekend though.

Tunavi

Banned
Fez is so boring. Its beautiful and the puzzles are good but enemies and leveling RPG mechanics would have made it more interesting.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Fez is so boring. Its beautiful and the puzzles are good but enemies and leveling RPG mechanics would have made it more interesting.

Ugh, no. There's nothing wrong with a 'boring' game. The lack of them is part of the problem with modern games; everything is made for those with ADD.

Top Bottom