• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Do i have to buy these online through xbox.com or can I purchase them through the console? If i try and buy them through the link posted in the OP Microsoft says they don't recognize the PC I am on and I have to wait 30 days for the information to update. What a load of shit. Can I find these on the dashboard anywhere on my 360?

acm2000

just purchased TR:L for 320pts, tempted by HAWX, but not sure id enjoy it much, and also tempted to rebuy GRiD when its price is corrected to 320pts, fuck off amazing game.

Do i have to buy these online through xbox.com or can I purchase them through the console? If i try and buy them through the link posted in the OP Microsoft says they don't recognize the PC I am on and I have to wait 30 days for the information to update. What a load of shit. Can I find these on the dashboard anywhere on my 360?

if i try buy on unrecognised pc, it just sends me a code to my email, and i chuck that in, voila...

but yes, theyre right there on the dash on the home tab

Without a doubt DIRT 2.

Care to share why? I might pick one of them and reviews look to be pretty favorable for both. Just curious what puts Dirt 2 above GRID for you.
I don't know what to buy.
Tomb Raider maybe?

Really just matters what you're into and what you've already played. Tomb Raider: Legend was a good change for the Tomb Raider franchise and I had a good time beating it. As I previously replied to someone else Bioshock is well worth $5. I believe El Shaddai is worth the $3 but be aware that you're paying for style over substance as it's not the best game around.

There are others I played and liked well enough, e.g. The Darkness and Kane and Lynch, that aren't anything too special but for $5 it's hard to say you'd be going wrong.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
There's a problem with a few of the games when converted to MS points that show a higher price.

They are supposed to be working on it.
I think I paid 480pts for El Shaddai because of this glitch. I really don't want to have a CC on my account because of all the auto renewal shenanigans.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Halo Wars is $15 in Canada? What the fuck?

$10 is my threshold, but I'm tempted. Are they gonna do anything about this or price parity any more or is this it?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
A surprisingly good sale and I have quite a few points to get rid of. I already own everything I'd want from today's selection but hopefully Borderlands 2 and Dishonoured are significantly discounted. I might even double dip on the Metal Gears and Resident Evil 4/Code Veronica if they are cheap enough.

The MSP glitch is fixed in the UK at least. 320 for the £2.69 games and 520 for the more expensive ones.

Wow these prices are ridiculous. I'm going to end up buying a bunch of games that I would never even think twice about.

Raving Rabbids for $3? I would probably never get that, and I'll probably play it twice, but for $3 it might as well be free.

Halo Wars is a great game. Highly recommend it.

ironcreed

Banned
Just went with The Darkness, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements and Dirt 2 for today. Dirt 2 is the only one I have not already played, but still, quite nice to get all three for 13.00

Ghazi

I love how much people are buying today and it's only day one. Hopefully this gives MS a message and they greenlight more of these.

Fuck I'm so annoyed El Shaddai isn't on EU GoD. The cheapest I can get it at retail is 18 eurobucks.

I was thinking about getting that one, too. I loved playing the demo back when I first got a 360 years ago, haha.

Definitely. Halo 3 is arguably better, too.

Yeah, you might want to get 3 instead of Reach.

Eternia

El Shaddai showing up as 200 MSP now (in Canada). Some others I quickly looked at were 40 points cheaper than they are supposed to be such as Bioshock (360 MSP) and GWAR (360 MSP). Dirt 2 is strangely enough $3 (200 MSP). Weird!

Not that I'm complaining but it's nice for it to go the other way for once!

Blu10

The fact nobody responded I guess is my answer.

I really enjoyed it. It's not up to par with a PC rts, but the story was good if you are into the halo universe.

I've also only played a total of 2 rts' on a console, but I found halo wars to be way better than the lotr one.

Well. The atmosphere and detail makes it a timeless classic. Better than the sequel IMO.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the sequel. It wasn't really anything special since it was more or less a corridor shooter, but the powers helped set it apart. I'll probably pick up the first one.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

I would say it is. I paid full price and enjoyed it. They do really well with the controls for an RTS.

Grisby

El Shaddai will be mine. Mine! *Evil laugh*
Thought it was worth it at release. I bought it because I'm a halo nut but I'm not much of an RTS guy. The smooth gameplay and fun missions made me appreciate the genre more. Different difficulty modes (heroic, legendary) and skulls to find offer some replay value. I watched the CG cutscenes before halo 4 came out and they still hold up too; some gorgeous bits.

I actually wish Ensemble was still alive and had a shot at Halo Wars 2, :(

ironcreed

Banned
Thanks. I really enjoyed the sequel. It wasn't really anything special since it was more or less a corridor shooter, but the powers helped set it apart. I'll probably pick up the first one.

You will not regret it. A much better game, with a darker atmosphere. Much longer as well. I would say it is one of the more overlooked titles from early this gen.

I was prepared to buy some games from this, but the most recent Major Nelson blog post says JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD is going to be 800 points from 3/5-3/11. Now I have choices to make! ):

OrangeOak

How well does The Darkness hold up?

It holds up really well mostly because its biggest advantages are things that don't get outdated.
Great voice acting,story and superb mood.
There are some really great levels/moments in this game.
Even graphically it still looks ok and very clean for a console game with its 4xAA.
I really recommend it.

Top Bottom