• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

Frester

Wish I had a bigger hard drive :\ still rocking my 20GB launch. No point in upgrading it at the end of the cycle though.

Slygmous

Damn, no Tomb Raider Legend on the Australian marketplace (or El Shaddai for that matter).
Not sure if it's worth getting UK points for one game though.

Is there a reason I can't use points to buy stuff? I've had 300 points sitting on my account for months now. I just want to get rid of them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
was really interested in el shaddai but was turned off by the demo. for 3 fucking dollars though its a no brainer. bought.

Ghazi

Has anyone played the HD versions of Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3? Have they aged well? Do they feel clunky?

edit: basically what I'm asking is: Is it a good port?

Holy cats those are some good deals.

Maybe this is MS's way of softening people up before their always online/no more used games announcement.

Bryan1321

Banned
Bought Reach for $10
6.54 GB of download... ill be playing by tomorrow with my donwload speed

Now lets see whats all the Halo hype about

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The games listed in the OP are for sure going on sale?

Cheddahz

Banned
For everyone waiting to grab VF5: FS next week, I thought I mention that it doesn't have Quest Mode like VF5 does, a mode that you could put hours and hours into. VF5: FS also requires you to buy costumes packs if you're into changing the outfits of your characters. I would say that VF5 is the game to get out of the two, but VF5: FS will probably have a larger online community

Just my two cents

Ghazi

Are the sales only for one day? Or the older sales will last till march 4 too?
There are sales that last the whole week of the sale (already listed), and each day will have a different set of sales. Today is Haloday
Damn, there's a ton of awesome games there. Looks like I have the year's gaming menu already picked out for me, hah.

Oh yeah, there's some pretty nice games on that list. Hopefully they get super big discounts.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
For everyone waiting to grab VF5: FS next week, I thought I mention that it doesn't have Quest Mode like VF5 does, a mode that you could put hours and hours into. VF5: FS also requires you to buy costumes packs if you're into changing the outfits of your characters. I would say that VF5 is the game to get out of the two, but VF5: FS will probably have a larger online community

Just my two cents

So you're saying people should buy both?

Cheddahz

Banned
So you're saying people should buy both?

I thought I would let people know. Both versions of the game are amazing, but.....

if you're not going to play online all that much, get VF5
if you're planning on playing online a lot, get VF5: FS

Just trying to help out the GAF community ;)

C4Lukins

Wow Rabbids is a horrible game on the 360.

It is like Mario party mini games without multiplayer or a game board.

Grisby

Bought El Shaddai but damn if the download isn't going to take forever. It's the largest thing I've ever tried to DL on the 360 weighing in at almost 5 gigs.

12% after 30 minutes or so. Probably going to have to resume it tomorrow.

Edit- Wonder if the servers are taking a hit because of the sale.

Grisby

Newer game is the better game right??? RIGHT??!!
I think 3's the best from every angle. Reach is still damn good and it makes more sense story wise since it's a prequel to everything.

Reach did use a new engine though so the graphics have a different look from 3 or ODST.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It appears the Assassin's Creed games are on sale now, too. $10 for 1, 2 and Brotherhood. $15 for R.

Gonna get Brotherhood.

Zia

What's the easiest way to acquire small amounts of points? I want BioShock without spending $10 on points.

C4Lukins

It's the Wii game, ported over, half-assed, and also glitchy and broken.

Yeah I seem to remember playing the wii version. This has to be the laziest port for a retail game I have seen on the 360. The resolution of the load screens is maybe 480i. The cinematics are 4:3. It is just so bad. Yet so completely simplistic that I cannot stop playing.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Newer game is the better game right??? RIGHT??!!

You'll never get a true consensus from Halo fans as to which one is the best. However for me Halo 3 has been the pinnacle of the series for me for a couple of reasons. It has the best weapon and vehicle sandbox in the series, offering a multitude of ways to approach scenarios. I wouldn't believe that Reach and 4 have larger enemy encounters than 3 unless someone counted them out in front of me, and the general flow of combat during the encounters is better than the other games. Halo 3 was the Halo game where every time I replayed a level I didn't know how the combat would play out, as opposed to Reach or 4, which went for a more linear approach to the levels, which was a poor choice IMO.

Top Bottom