• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

Saw that too yesterday, it seems that El Shaddai is not available in GoD in Europe (except UK?). Pretty disappointing, it was the game I was the most interested in.

Same here, it's one of 'those' games that I keep meaning to buy but am never quite sure to pull the trigger on it. Saw it for this price then the thing isn't available in the UK... grr.

Has some licencing deal expired with it over here or something for it not to be included?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
My dilemma: I really want EL Shaddai, but I dont like putting games on hard drives, due to the finite space. I have a decent amount of space left, but I am not short on cash and I could just buy the game full price without feeling bad. At the same time this is a really good deal.....

Lawd... I wanna know about DD BC for the next Xbox before I buy anything. I don't see myself having the time to play much in the near future.

Eusis

If Microsoft's smart they'd be keeping the 360 in circulation for awhile longer, especially if they can reduce the size/cost further, plus these are some insanely low deals.

Eusis

El Shaddai is worth it for the visuals but the gameplay/design is terribad.
Which is just fine for a $10 piece of audio visual entertainment. $3? Fuck, I paid double that for Double Dungeon and that only had one nice tune to its credit while being one of the most bare bones "games" I've ever played.

You can find copies used for like $15 through Amazon (not sold by Amazon).

I also feel like I've seen it at GameStop used for under $20. But maybe its not very common at this point?

New, sealed copies are hard to find at decent prices apparently. I am going to keep my eye out for one...

Yeah I've seen some of those used copies on Amazon from sellers. I actually want to buy it new. Snooze ya loose I guess.

BTW, anyone have any errors? I don't think I was charged for the game I bought.

AC discounts are for uk all £8.99 apart from Brotherhood which is £11.99.

HAHAHAHAHHA..... no sale here, move along.

I already have AC1 on disc, but was contemplating double dipping for the set if the price was reasonable. I can get most of them for between £3 and £5 pre-owned if need be.

AC discounts are for uk all £8.99 apart from Brotherhood which is £11.99.

Terrible deals as you can get them cheaper on disc. Hope this isn't the start of the decline in the sales.

Assassins Creed was in the sale last week and it was priced at £11.99. Today it's £8.99. Not exactly 50%.

bidguy

Banned
These deals are actually great. Too bad i have most of these games.

I will definetly get RE Code Veronica and Dishonored though.

Deals are not that great for the AC franchise but what I regret the most is that they don't discount DLCs with them. That would have been really neat and kinda logical.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It's a bit weird how the UK and US prices for Revelations and Brotherhood are the other way round.

ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD - $10/UK:£11.99
ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS - $15/UK:£8.99

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I bought Dirt 2 and Bioshock last night. Downloaded Dirt 2 just fine but Bioshock kept jumping between 0% and 4% and then told me it could not be downloaded. I tried it twice. Anyone else ever have an issue like this?

Alx

For some reason I just realized now that Kane & Lynch was in the list... how is it ? I think I read somewhere that it was a flawed game with a few redeeming features ? Or maybe that's the sequel ?

It's a bit weird how the UK and US prices for Revelations and Brotherhood are the other way round.

ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD - $10/UK:£11.99
ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS - $15/UK:£8.99

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't just another screw-up like yesterday that will get sorted later... there's something definitely wrong.

Gonna bit on El Shaddai later- that game looks fun as hell. For 3 bucks, how can I not? I don't think I have time for the AC2 spinoffs unfortunately. These are some great deals.

Wiz

Oh man, I can see myself buying so many of these games, seeing as I JUST got an Xbox last month.

Already bought Bioshock and El Shaddai...

katkombat

Banned
Gonna bite on Bioshock and Tomb Raider. Awesome deals! And what made their Christmas deals so bad? (Granted I only bought on 2 days, sonic adventure 2, rayman: origins, and mark of the ninja were the only things I bought iirc. (and played barely any time in them except ninja)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
are anymore games getting added apart from the new daily deals ? i thought they would be adding more to the sale where rayman and that is it

I've never disagreed with a post so much in my life. Such are opinions, though.

ODST had a great story, too bad that's not on GoD.
I'll be honest and admit that I was too destracted by the horrible early PS2 looking character faces and animations to pay attention to ODST's story. It was truly shocking. I just couldn't believe it.

But reach had a great emotional story and much improved graphics to help it along.

Gaspode_T

Is Rayman worth $3? Better or equivalent to Viva Pinata Party Animals?

Thinking of picking up some of these after I get Star Wars Pinball ... almost out of an act of supporting these sort of sales as much as anything else.

Does anyone still play Revelations or Brotherhood multiplayer? I've sold my Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 games, and would still like to play some AC multiplayer from time to time.

LosDaddie

Banned
I played/finished AssCreed 2 very recently, and thought it was solid (not great). Is Brotherhood better? I'm not at all concerned with the MP. Is the story good? AssCreed 2's story was OK.

I guess at $10 I should just go ahead and buy it...and maybe Revelations.

Gong

I played/finished AssCreed 2 very recently, and thought it was solid (not great). Is Brotherhood better? I'm not at all concerned with the MP. Is the story good? AssCreed 2's story was OK.

Brotherhood felt like the pinnacle of the series for me, I loved it so much whereas I'd found the previous entries lacking.

Brotherhood is better in my opinion. I don't know if the story itself is that much of an improvement (though Revelation's is), but the gameplay gets even more varied and to me, it feels like there is more to do than any other AC game. I think the Desmond stuff in Brotherhood is probably as good as it gets in that series as well.

I dont know if this has been mention a million times already in here, but the OP hasnt been updated with it yet. Dirt 2 is 240msp, $2.99, not $5. Just bought it yesterday.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
played a few hours of AC: Brotherhood and the game is really... weird. the platforming, combat and story all seem kinda off. in-game sex was weird, too. i'll give it a fair shake, though.

Top Bottom