• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

ironcreed

Banned
Is Dark Messiah worth the time? I've heard so much mixed stuff about it.

It has some interesting first person mechanics, runs on the Source engine and is made by Arkane - the guys behind Dishonored. But it is not very polished and looks really dated. Despite the rough edges, I was able to appreciate it for the neat story and great potential behind the first person gameplay. If you can focus on that, then there is a lot of fun to be had with it. It's damn sure worth $3.00. I love the game, myself.

Kuno

Is Dark Messiah worth the time? I've heard so much mixed stuff about it.

I bought this yesterday, because come on, it's $3.

I started out really hating it. The graphics looked horrible and the gameplay seemed janky. I stuck it out though, and after the first hour, I began to really like it. The exploration and combat isn't too bad. There are hidden rooms to find and plenty of skills and weapon upgrades.

I chose to be a mage. There are 3 other classes to choose from the outset: thief, warrior and archer. I use a fireball spell to attack and I recently found a staff that drains mana when I land attacks. It's not a loot game, but there are a small variety of weapons to find.

I can sort of see some of the origins of what I played in Dishonored... fighting along the rooftops, a little stealth here and there.

The game is still dated, but it's playable. Definitely worth 3 bucks. 

Kerub

Banned
Wow, I don't think you can even get Brotherhood used for $10. I fear for the future for console gaming. It's a race to the bottom for pricing. One dollar games with $400 of in game purchases...

A quick look on pricerunner shows that there are around 19 stores that have new copies of Brotherhood for a cheaper price than the sale price (where I live). At least in the swedish marketplace (199 SEK).

Those store prices are regular prices, and they are still cheaper than the sale prices on XBL. But it's probably better in NA, 10 bucks for Brotherhood is pretty cheap.

Jhoan

Cleared out some HD space (mostly installed games, big DLC, and big XBLA games) to check out The Darkness. I feel like checking out Bioshock but at the same time, I feel like I should check out the Ultimate Collection when it's 20 bucks because it has extra stuff. Tomb Raider: Legend is also on my radar but I'll think about it.

So Brotherhood, arguably the best Assassins Creed to date, is also the most expensive in this sale. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Ubisoft knows it's their strongest title and fully intend to milk it for all its worth.

The most worrying part, I'm actually considering buying it. What's wrong with me?

Overdoziz

Banned
Cleared out some HD space (mostly installed games, big DLC, and big XBLA games) to check out The Darkness. I feel like checking out Bioshock but at the same time, I feel like I should check out the Ultimate Collection when it's 20 bucks because it has extra stuff. Tomb Raider: Legend is also on my radar but I'll think about it.
Bought Tomb Raider Legend. From the first second of gameplay the framerate shits on itself.

oatmeal

Banned
Wait a minute...

I have 500 points on my account and want to buy GRAW2...but on their site it says it's $4.99, not 400 points. And now it's giving me an error when I try to just buy it using Paypal.

I thought the points would work for these...no?

Sounds like Brotherhood is worth the $10. Last AC I played was the second, which I loved.

Brotherhood is easily worth $10. It's incredibly enjoyable and filled with a lot of content. I paid full price at release and didn't feel disappointed at all.

My favorite in the series by far.

Wait a minute...

I have 500 points on my account and want to buy GRAW2...but on their site it says it's $4.99, not 400 points. And now it's giving me an error when I try to just buy it using Paypal.

I thought the points would work for these...no?

Not sure about the website, but on the xbox you can press X to use your MSP instead of cash.

Alx

I MISSED HALO WARS :(

Was downloading another game and the price changed when I was ready to download Halo Wars.

That's why there is a download queue. I added 3 full games and a demo in the queue yesterday evening and shut down the console before going to bed, knowing it would download everything during the night.

Bruiserk

How does this work on Live again? I can't just buy El Shaddai (spelling?) right? I have to buy the tier of MSP that will allow me to purchase it?

Guiz

Just came back home and saw that brotherhood is 19.99€ on the french store... Don't know for the rest of EU. I guess it's a wrong price tag, I hope they'll fix it before the sale ends. I bought AC2 and wanted to give a try to a MP AC on sale.

Is Revelations that bad compared to brotherhood?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So Brotherhood, arguably the best Assassins Creed to date, is also the most expensive in this sale. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Ubisoft knows it's their strongest title and fully intend to milk it for all its worth.

The most worrying part, I'm actually considering buying it. What's wrong with me?

No, it's the same price as AC1 and AC2. Revelations is the most expensive one.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Picked up Halo Wars, since it's the only Halo game that I don't own. I will probably go for RE4 and then I'll consider the sale a success for me.

mikel

Neo Member
No, it's the same price as AC1 and AC2. Revelations is the most expensive one.

I'm afraid it depends on the region :(. In Poland for example Revelations are now cheaper than Brotherhood (1360MSP vs 1520). I wanted to buy Brotherhood on Live but here it is totally not worth it.

Cheddahz

Banned
I bought Bioshock yesterday, I'll probably start on it once I complete Alpha Protocol. Once I'm able to grab the MGS HD Collection, I'll probably pick up Grid

I've been reading that GoD games don't come with online passes, and if a title requires one you must buy it separately.

I never knew this. Can anyone confirm? If true it's gonna have a bearing on what I do or don't buy. Apparently at least one of the AC games offered today needs one.

LosDaddie

Banned
hmm...I like the new list.

Getting AssCreed Bro tonight. Might snag SFIV AE and maybe Portal 2. Damn, my backlog is already big enough.

Brotherhood felt like the pinnacle of the series for me, I loved it so much whereas I'd found the previous entries lacking.

Brotherhood is better in my opinion. I don't know if the story itself is that much of an improvement (though Revelation's is), but the gameplay gets even more varied and to me, it feels like there is more to do than any other AC game. I think the Desmond stuff in Brotherhood is probably as good as it gets in that series as well.

WORD.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I'm glad that Halo Wars went back up - I was THIIIIIS close to adding another game to my backlog.

However I did get Grid.

It's the five dollar games that are tempting me. Help me choose another game, GAF!

Top Bottom