• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

or to show they can have some good sale prices ala steam before dropping the bomb of no used games next gen.

ibhpuICWu92nBR.gif

I loved Halo 3 so much more then reach, the classes in reach were kinda :/ dull and made multiplayer meh :(

But halo 3, my brother and I were hooked on that game from day 1. good times.

I guess also that at the time, 2007(whoa already 5/6 years since it came out) I was hyped as hell for the story after the cliffhanger ending in 2, it delivered B^)

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really glad I wasn't the only one with DL issues, I thought it was Comcast putting a data cap on me. I guess El Shaddai had a lot of people downloading it.

But as for impressions, I really think it's a unique game and visually I would say it's in the top 5 artistically this generation. Gameplay has a little getting used to, but damn if the art style doesn't rake in some serious points for it. I find myself forgetting that I'm playing sometimes getting lost in the scenes.

EDIT: For those who've played MGS on Playstation consoles and 360, how do the 360 controls fare? I had a huge amount of trouble with PSP Metal Gears and even Twin Snakes, my mind has been wired for the Dualshock with MGS games, is it a hard adjustment?

Holy shit! I guess I no longer have an excuse for never playing Bioshock. Scratch that - I never have an excuse for not owning Bioshock (I will never actually play it).

I was thinking Halo Wars for $10, but honestly I'd rather have the disc (I have a small HD) and I could probably find that for $10 used somewhere.

I'm thinking I should get GRID and VF5 and throw them on my USB.

If I had a huge HD I'd buy like 6-7 of these. Some great deals in here.

@Wario64 tells me that Assassin's Creed 1/2/Brotherhood/Revolution are up.

800/800/800/1200 respectively.

Confirm or deny?

I didn't see them and I was just looking 30 seconds ago. I'm looking at three pages of these deals - "Ultimate Deals" or something. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Bryan1321

Banned
Well, a lot of discussion about Halo, i opted for Reach, because being the newer game but the main reason being its from the story part, the begining

From what i been reading from you guys, Halo 3 is the best game but i will have a great time with Reach

---------

Now speaking about assasins creed, also never played any game of the series, Im not into story with this one, so what does gaf reccomends

I, II, or brotherhood??

Ghazi

Well, a lot of discussion about Halo, i opted for Reach, because being the newer game but the main reason being its from the story part, the begining

From what i been reading from you guys, Halo 3 is the best game but i will have a great time with Reach

---------

Now speaking about assasins creed, also never played any game of the series, Im not into story with this one, so what does gaf reccomends

I, II, or brotherhood??

II is my favorite, though others may disagree.

willooi

--------

I, II, or brotherhood??

II is my favourite in the series, followed by Brotherhood. Wouldn't recommend getting the first one as every single feature from it was greatly improved afterwards.

clav

Halo 3 in retrospect was awful in terms of level design.

That second mission had way too much backtracking.

Also yes, Reach is the better graphical game between the two.

Overall, I find the Halo games much more enjoyable when you have a co-op partner.

Anyway, bought Halo Wars. Will play whenever this slow download finishes. Probably after work tomorrow.

Thanks USA Internet. *grumbles*

Canadian prices are outta whack once again. AC II and Revelations match up but AC I and Brotherhood are at 20 instead of 10? The hell, guys.

Halo 3 in retrospect was awful in terms of level design.

That second mission had way too much backtracking.

Also yes, Reach is the better graphical game between the two.

Overall, I find the Halo games much more enjoyable when you have a co-op partner.

Anyway, bought Halo Wars. Will play whenever this slow download finishes. Probably after work tomorrow.

Thanks USA Internet. *grumbles*

Halo 3 had great encounter design, and some of the level design was the best in the series.. but I agree that something feels off about it at times, and yeah, Crows Nest had too much back tracking (but awesome Chieftain encounters).. And visually its laughable. Halo Reach is probably a decent entry point, but I honestly think people should just start with Halo CEA.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Canadian prices are outta whack once again. AC II and Revelations match up but AC I and Brotherhood are at 20 instead of 10? The hell, guys.

Doesn't bode well for next gen given the persistent signals coming out of MS that they would be discontinuing MSP and using cash-only.

Just bought Tomb Raider Legend. *Shrug*

I really liked Underworld, heres to this one being at least worth five dollars.

This is SUCH a good idea, every company NEEDS to get on this. I wasn't even thinking about buying another videogame for a couple of MONTHS before I saw this thread.

Wish they had Mirrors Edge up....:( I really want to own it, but it seems kinda hard to find actually.

strata8

If you're going to post links to games can you please remove the country codes? It shows me the US prices on the description page even though I'm signed in with my Australian account. Luckily AC1 and 2 were both $10 anyway but I accidentally paid $40 for Brotherhood. Let's hope it's worth it.

Wish they had Mirrors Edge up....:( I really want to own it, but it seems kinda hard to find actually.

You can find copies used for like $15 through Amazon (not sold by Amazon).

I also feel like I've seen it at GameStop used for under $20. But maybe its not very common at this point?

New, sealed copies are hard to find at decent prices apparently. I am going to keep my eye out for one...

Alx

I, II, or brotherhood??

I would recommend II, because Florence and Venice are magical. Brotherhood adds a few gameplay elements, but the city isn't as nice.
I is a rough gem, not as varied as the others (although the assassinations offer more possibilities, and the difficulty is higher), but still worth a try for the unconventional historical background.

I would recommend II, because Florence and Venice are magical. Brotherhood adds a few gameplay elements, but the city isn't as nice.
I is a rough gem, not as varied as the others (although the assassinations offer more possibilities, and the difficulty is higher), but still worth a try for the unconventional historical background.

II is great, but I'd say get Brotherhood. It fixes a lot of issues that were present in II and introduces some great new features.

Revelations is probably the only one I'd recommend to actively avoid.

Leflus

"This item isn't available from your current location."

I knew I shouldn' have migrated my account to the US. :( I have to wait at least 1 more month before I can switch it back to Norway.

Oh well... At least I got to buy the Indie Games that were inaccessible to me in the Norwegian marketplace.

Doesn't bode well for next gen given the persistent signals coming out of MS that they would be discontinuing MSP and using cash-only.

I hope they have a good plan for those of us with MSP. Hopefully convert it to cash. The pessimist in me says they wont do anything with the MSP and just force those of us with some to use it on the 360.

Xamdou

Just bought El Shaddai for $3! Couldn't say no to this price, tried the demo a while back and thought it was interesting so why not.

Eusis

Is this version of Dark Messiah 1. any good, and 2. significantly different from the PC one to be worth getting? I already have that, but if this is a unique, worthwhile game in its own right I may consider it.

EDIT: Aggregate score of 54% god damn. That's going to be a really hard sell now.

Lothars

Is this version of Dark Messiah 1. any good, and 2. significantly different from the PC one to be worth getting? I already have that, but if this is a unique, worthwhile game in its own right I may consider it.

EDIT: Aggregate score of 54% god damn. That's going to be a really hard sell now.
I've heard really good things about it but it very well could be a love it or hate it game, I bought it for 3 bucks I can't resist.

Mr YuYu

Not sure if this is known but I went to buy GRAW2 on the Australian marketplace and it was 160mp instead of the listed 400 in the OP.

On the Belgian marketplace GRAW 2 is also listed for 160mp.

Dirt 2 on the other hand is 800 points! fuckers!

Guiz

El Shaddai appears to be free from Italy:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/it-IT/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802494f87e2?noSplash=1

It was in yesterday's offers, but it wasn't available from here.

EDIT: actually I think it's just the demo.

Saw that too yesterday, it seems that El Shaddai is not available in GoD in Europe (except UK?). Pretty disappointing, it was the game I was the most interested in.

I saw the Day 2 deals and I'd like to buy one of the AC game but I don't know which one. Could you guys give me some advice to pick one of these?
Edit : Didn't saw the post above. I think I'll go for Brotherhood then.

Top Bottom