• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
How indicative is the Bioshock demo of the full game? I never picked it up because I really didn't like the demo that much, but for $5 I might be convinced.

Wish Asura's Wrath was here.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The pessimists are speculating that this is more of an end of the generation close out sale.
These titles will likely make more money off this sale than their entire run on GoD. MS certainly doesn't hate money so they'll probably do this more often.

I'm interested in playing TR: Legend. I'm interested in playing Underworld and Anniversary at some point, too.

Is the 360 version of Legend the version to get? Am I better off buying that triple pack collection on PS3 (looks like it's going for about $20)? Is Legend markedly better than either of the other two?

I'm interested in playing TR: Legend. I'm interested in playing Underworld and Anniversary at some point, too.

Is the 360 version of Legend the version to get? Am I better off buying that triple pack collection on PS3 (looks like it's going for about $20)? Is Legend markedly better than either of the other two?

Framerate is a bit sketchy on the 360 version. Which I don't really remember being an issue with the original Xbox version. Still perfectly playable though.

You can also buy Anniversary through Legend, in episodes. I don't know the pricing though, more expensive than you'll be getting Legend for that's for sure.

OrangeOak

Both Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld are sub HD on x360 and 720p on PS3.

I see. Judging from scores, it looks like Legend was a pretty solid return to form, Anniversary remade a great game on that new engine, and Underworld was mostly half-baked and just OK. Is that about right, Tomb Raider GAF? I think I'll go for that HD triple pack. Sounds like the way to go.

Nert

I could see myself picking up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Red Dead Redemption if the discounts are deep enough. It's great to see the influence that Steam sales have had on other digital distribution services (Amazon, for example, has really stepped it up lately).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The Ultimate Game Sale only occurs once a year so you won’t want to miss it

this implies its every year. who knows if that just relates to 360 tho. or next year will be durango and 360

What a difference a day makes on xbox live.

Yesterday I went on a spending spree and was very much looking forward to todays sales. So today I see the sale price is $20 for the original Assassins Creed and Revelations. I can only laugh at myself for thinking we'd continue to see games at real sales prices.

Ghazi

Yesterday I went on a spending spree and was very much looking forward to todays sales. So today I see the sale price is $20 for the original Assassins Creed and Revelations. I can only laugh at myself for thinking we'd continue to see games at real sales prices.

That's just an error/price change for your country if you live outside of the US maybe? I saw them (except Revelations) for $10 this morning.

hgplayer1

Im seeing a lot of comments regarding lack of space on HDDs.

Isnt it possible to buy the game but not download it immediately?

That's just an error/price change for your country if you live outside of the US maybe? I saw them (except Revelations) for $10 this morning.
Maybe an error. I live in Canada and our pricing is right in line with US when it comes to games. Right now AC2 is $10 and Rev is $14 on sale. Funnily enough those are regular retail pricing.

I'm a tad disappointed but I buy a ton yesterday, so I am happy for that.

Lothars

yeah it's like that in Canada with the deals are getting screwed like both Halo 3 and Halo wars was listed as 20 bucks instead of 10.

I hope they get better for canada as well.

RyudBoy

Underworld on PS3 has missing motion blur effects and some frame rate issues not seen in the 360 version. Can't comment on Legend.

I have 2800 MS points so I might double dip on SSF4:AE if it's $5 or under just so I don't have to switch discs when I want to play something else. Will probably pick up Code Veronica, too.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Code Veronica is the only RE game on sale right now, except maybe RE6, don't know how much it is supposed to be normally but is $40 now.

Izick

Holy shit this sale is amazing. I bet they're selling a shit-ton of games. THIS is what we need on consoles. It's not as crazy as steam sales I've heard, but this is pretty freaking awesome.

Top Bottom