• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

Looks like they are getting ready to release another update preview soon, they just made some changes to the forum on Xbox.com to make the early access forum easier to find for people.

The Flash

Banned
Looks like they are getting ready to release another update preview soon, they just made some changes to the forum on Xbox.com to make the early access forum easier to find for people.

wake-me-up-halo.gif

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Since the last update using the HDMI in with my WD TV doesn't work anymore :(
Screens stays black and if I unplug the hdmi's cable from the One then it suddenly shows the WD TV video feed for a few seconds... Crazy. If I plug it back in then I get the feed from WD TV but instead it's just a "screenshot' of the feed, I can't actually see shit, the image is like "stamped", completely stuck.

What gives? It was fine before the last update, of course I had to use the WD TV remote to control it but at least the video pass through worked without an itch, now it's dead

And now, the "black screen trick" (power cycling the console pushing the power button on the console for 10seconds and have it reboot with the memory in clean state) doesn't work either.

Bought my XB1 a couple of days ago, and I love the OS. It's really snappy, and I love how if you pin a store item and later buy that item, the pin will take you to the game rather than the page in the store. Contextual stuff like that is really cool. I hope they give you more ways to customize the pins (folders would be nice).

Yeah. It's got a lot of nice things like that. You can also find the page for a game prior to it's release, and on that page it will show you clips or streams from people who have the game early.

Awesome. Very curious to hear what's next. I've already got most of what I wanted.

My Xbox One is ready for the new update, someone find the hype train!

Its going to be a minor update now ive said that

My biggest want is a fleshed out store at the moment, its pretty poor for finding pretty much anything...

d58e7

I just got an xbox a few weeks ago how do I signup for the preview program?

Has there been any talk on any changes to the TV side? (Ie. Tivo integration) I kind of wish there was a way to reach the Tivo menu without needing the Tivo remote.

Edit: If someone can please invite me, my GT is CrazyManTyrant

Majine

Banned
I think they need to make the multitasking a little better. When I from a game press the Xbox button and go back to the Home screen, I expect that if I press it again, I go back to the game. Instead it does nothing, so why not do that?

sangreal

not sure where the image is from but that trending stuff is in the smartglass beta files so it would make sense. they've also added stuff for purchasing games through smartglass and downloading while in standby but we'll see

The may update may well bring this...

image-1.png

TV TV TV TV
oh shit I'm in the wrong thread.....

Very interesting image though, what's this all about? Do remember there being a trending section on the original screens of dashboard maybe it's coming back as apps.
TV trending app and game trending app, maybe monitors the live community who are showing what they watch and play.

Need screenshot feature please.

I actually had a really strange dream about screen capture last night!

I was at E3 and watching the MS conference live and the new screenshot app was shown on stage.

It was a gallery app called Upload Gallery, even had a logo.
The idea was when you took a screen capture you could send it to your virtual gallery, place it in a specific room and people could come and visit your gallery, looking around in first person, they could also like what you had hanging on your walls. It then showed you daily statistics, how many visitors, who visited and who liked.

There were gallery rooms which you could select themes for, it was basically in the style of Game Room but for pictures.

Bloody strange vivid dream.

mike4001_

I believe the big "thing" of the may update will be external storage. Major Nelson hinted this many times.

It will be interesting if they include e.g. video playback which cannot be too complicated as their video app already plays these files.

Maybe also a proper DLNA. And again the video can already been pushed via smartphone ...

Then from the "big wishes" there is only 3D BluRay open.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I believe the big "thing" of the may update will be external storage. Major Nelson hinted this many times.

It will be interesting if they include e.g. video playback which cannot be too complicated as their video app already plays these files.

Maybe also a proper DLNA. And again the video can already been pushed via smartphone ...

Then from the "big wishes" there is only 3D BluRay open.

Exactly what kind of files does the video app play?

mike4001_

It supports AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV containers.

If you have an android smartphone you can push videos to the xbox one for instance with the app AllCast

The things I want: screenshot command and being able to mix more language-locale (spanish-US). Or at least being able to select in which language the game will be displayed. I have to set my locale from Es-Mx to En-US to play Child of Light/TF/Thieg in english, then I can use voice commands because kinect doesn't recognize my accent.

TeRey09

Major Nelson just posted this: http://majornelson.com/2014/05/02/c...elp-improve-voice-recognition/?linkId=8133101

Coming Soon: New Audio Controls and Opt-In Setting to Help Improve Voice Recognition

As part of our ongoing effort to bring new features to our Xbox fans worldwide, we’ll begin rolling out more features to folks in our early access program beginning this week and we’re looking forward to their feedback before shipping the system update to all Xbox One owners in May. We hope you’ve been enjoying our most recent Xbox One system update that rolled out last week and we look forward to bringing you even more great features in the months ahead.

Feature highlights for this next phase of our early access program include a new sound mixer for snapped apps, chat volume controls when using Kinect and the option to help us improve speech recognition. You can also take this update on demand as soon as it becomes available if you’d like.

Sound Mixer for Apps with Snap and Volume Controls When Using Kinect with Chat
We’ve received great feedback from fans asking for more control over audio levels and background sound. As a result, under Settings we’ve added two new features for controlling your audio options. With the new Sound mixer, you’ll be able to control the volume levels of two apps when you’re using Snap letting you decide which app is louder. In this same section, you’ll also be able to control the volume levels when you’re using Kinect for chat.

Opt-In to Help Improve Speech Recognition
Being able to control your Xbox One with voice commands can be a magical moment and we want to continue making this great for all Xbox One owners worldwide. The more voice samples we have to input into our algorithms, the better and more responsive Xbox One can be to our fans. If you want to help us in our efforts to make voice and speech improvements for Kinect even better, you can opt-in to a speech data collection. Under Settings, then Privacy & Online Safety, go to Customizing privacy and online safety and set Share Voice Data to Allow. This is completely optional and all voice data shared via this setting will be used for product improvement only.

Take the Next System Update When You Want
You’ll now also be able to take this next system update as soon as it’s available if you want. When this update is made available, you’ll find the option under Settings, then select System update as shown below.

As always, we’re thrilled with our fans’ enthusiasm about our Xbox One system updates and we’re really excited about what’s coming in the next few months. We look forward to hearing your feedback about these latest features in our early access program and will roll them out to everyone worldwide in May.

...it's april all over again (sound mixer was removed from april update)

We know Phil has said that they're making good progress on June/July updates and he said they had talked to prioritise features so perhaps they had a bit of a reshuffle and they are packing those updates with a bit more?

JaggedSac

We know Phil has said that they're making good progress on June/July updates and he said they had talked to prioritise features so perhaps they had a bit of a reshuffle and they are packing those updates with a bit more?

I sure hope so. They also probably want to have a big feature update release on the day of their conference. Probably something along the lines of, and as of today, you'll be able to do such and such.

Bsigg12

Lame. Was hoping for external support and preloading of games to be out this month. With Wolfenstein coming out, I'm starting to push the boundaries of my HDD.

Top Bottom