• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

Daigoro

A lot of my friends on Xbox One are getting the "Controller unplugged. Please re-connect controller with A button" error while their battery is fully charged. Hopefully this too is corrected soon.
Yeah happening to me too. band new box brand new controller, band new batteries...

Yeah happening to me too. band new box brand new controller, band new batteries...

Does this disconnect happen while you're in the middle of using it? Or does it happen when you've left it alone a little while? The controllers shut off if the Kinect doesn't see a logged-in player using it after a few minutes in order to conserve charge. Perhaps interference from other wi-fi or a defective radio in the controller. You could also try a full reboot by holding the X power button on the console front itself or going into network settings and clearing your alternate MAC address, thus enabling a full reboot remotely.

Special C

The 'Xbox Record that' is my fave command. When I jumped back on my 360 to play GTAV the amount of times where something cool or funny has happened and I really missed having that instant record function.

I said "Xbox Record That" the other day while Playing Dark Souls 2 on the 360. I felt stupid.

Daigoro

unplug everything and let the controllers sit for 4 hours.

I do this nightly.

Does this disconnect happen while you're in the middle of using it? Or does it happen when you've left it alone a little while? The controllers shut off if the Kinect doesn't see a logged-in player using it after a few minutes in order to conserve charge. Perhaps interference from other wi-fi or a defective radio in the controller. You could also try a full reboot by holding the X power button on the console front itself or going into network settings and clearing your alternate MAC address, thus enabling a full reboot remotely.

while im using it. the controller stays on, but disconnects. the game pauses, tells me the controller has disconnected, to press A to resume. I immediately press A and im back to the action.

ill try your suggestions. thanks.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Problem is, I'm not in the preview program. Needs to go public soon.

Thought it woulda gone live with the dash update last week. Strange.

And like I said. Controller disconnects made me need to get my day one console replaced. New console doesn't have these problems.

Double check that you don't have any wifi routers within 5 feet of your xbox or any other device that emits 2.4ghz or 5ghz signals. Can cause havoc on the controller connection.

Daigoro

Thought it woulda gone live with the dash update last week. Strange.

And like I said. Controller disconnects made me need to get my day one console replaced. New console doesn't have these problems.

Double check that you don't have any wifi routers within 5 feet of your xbox or any other device that emits 2.4ghz or 5ghz signals. Can cause havoc on the controller connection.

hrmm.

router is 6-7 ft. away maybe? guess I could move it to the other side of the entertainment center. didn't really want to set things up that way, but if I must... (unless of course the console is defective)

thanks.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
hrmm.

router is 6-7 ft. away maybe? guess I could move it to the other side of the entertainment center. didn't really want to set things up that way, but if I must... (unless of course the console is defective)

thanks.

It's one of the steps they recommended before they agreed to replace mine...

Sucks because my 360 never had the issue. Makes me wonder what they changed.

Daigoro

so I see there is a 50 pg, almost 800 post thread on the xbox.com forums about controller disconnect problems that's been active since November.

that's fun.

What was the update that pushed out today to non preview accounts? I had an orange power brick light.

edit: If possible could some kind soul invite me to the preview program? I'll PM my gamertag if so. Thanks.

see5harp

Man. I really missed having friend notifications. It is SOOOO much better that you can specify for favorites only. I do wish they enabled the per game notifications for friends or favorites also.

I would be extremely happy if they added something like "invite person to party(and/or game)" when someone signs in and it automatically invite them.

Been having an issue with my Day One controller lately. When I put the controller down, after a couple of seconds, the controller defaults to pressing up. The left thumbstick doesn't appear to be damaged, so might this be a software problem? My other controller works, however. Anyone else have this issue?

Delryk

Twitch is bugged for me.. locks up when i try to load any stream... checked the forums and seems like im not the only one.. looks like its been happening since the broadcast update...

airborn

360 icons? yea it's small and looks weird lol.
I still see a lot of folks using those on Xbox One.

+1 for Beacons. Those 'started playing' notifications were quite useful. It shouldn't be too hard to implement, since the data is already being used on the activity feed.

I still see a lot of folks using those on Xbox One.

+1 for Beacons. Those 'started playing' notifications were quite useful. It shouldn't be too hard to implement, since the data is already being used on the activity feed.

Yea they brought that late to 360. Its one of those things that they still need to catch up to for xbox one.

Redshirt

Banned
When I put the controller down, after a couple of seconds, the controller defaults to pressing up. The left thumbstick doesn't appear to be damaged, so might this be a software problem?

It's not a software issue. The left analog stick takes precedence, so when you're using it, the controller simply ignores the faulty signal coming from the d-pad.

I had the same issue with my Day One controller, and it had worked perfectly prior to February. I sent it in to MS, and they just recently sent me a brand new replacement.

Caayn

Anyone else noticed that the online notifications sometimes pop-up when they're not supposed to?

Just happened to me, I was in a party with a friend, he was online for over an hour (not hidden or anything), and I suddenly out of nowhere got an online notification saying that he just came online.

RdN

Anyone else noticed that the online notifications sometimes pop-up when they're not supposed to?

Just happened to me, I was in a party with a friend, he was online for over an hour (not hidden or anything), and I suddenly out of nowhere got an online notification saying that he just came online.

Sometimes notifications will be delayed for no reason.

It's a known issue, which has been brought to the devs attention on the official forums, but they didn't fix it for the general release.

Delryk

Maybe he got disconnected from live for a second and it reconnected straight back without any interruptions... my bro would do that a lot when he had a bad provider...

It's not a software issue. The left analog stick takes precedence, so when you're using it, the controller simply ignores the faulty signal coming from the d-pad.

I had the same issue with my Day One controller, and it had worked perfectly prior to February. I sent it in to MS, and they just recently sent me a brand new replacement.

Cool, guess that's what I'll do then. Thanks.

OnTheRocks82

Neo Member
I am based in the UK and dying to try the Xbox One OneGuide Integration with SKY. Are the April Beta invites still viable and if so is there anyone generous enough to send me a beta invite. Thank you in advance to anyone who is happy to oblige.

stack9902

Banned
Twitch is bugged for me.. locks up when i try to load any stream... checked the forums and seems like im not the only one.. looks like its been happening since the broadcast update...

stupid question did you try to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Ade

I am based in the UK and dying to try the Xbox One OneGuide Integration with SKY. Are the April Beta invites still viable and if so is there anyone generous enough to send me a beta invite. Thank you in advance to anyone who is happy to oblige.

didn't it go public already?

Netprints

I have an issue. Sometimes when Start or Join a party my xbox says cant join because of connection speeds. It shows me in the party and it has a circle for my mic but it doesn't show it for the other people in the party. My speeds are fine. My only fix is to turn it off unplug the ether net cable and the power cord. Does anyone else have this issue?

sangreal

No idea if invites are still going out (oneguide and smartglass are still in beta) but PM me or post your gamer tag and I will add you

I don't think there are any limits to how many people you can invite or anything

kodecraft

This is what makes the Xbox One a great purchase. It's an always evolving console. Forget hardware specs. It's software that runs the show.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OneGuide expansion is still in beta. I invited you

Any other invites? I'm in the UK and just got an Xbox one. I'm especially curious about the media functions. I think if I can't get the guide, I'll be forced to remove the TV passthrough as I can't try and persuade my wife that there is any benefit (she won't care about notifications overlaid on TV)

GT is MisterKlaw

Majine

Banned
Bought my XB1 a couple of days ago, and I love the OS. It's really snappy, and I love how if you pin a store item and later buy that item, the pin will take you to the game rather than the page in the store. Contextual stuff like that is really cool. I hope they give you more ways to customize the pins (folders would be nice).

Top Bottom