• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
After playing battlefield 4, i put in titanfall and it doesn't wanna read my disc. I have to reboot the console, is this happening to you guys :/ hope microsoft fixes this issue.

Daximuss

After playing battlefield 4, i put in titanfall and it doesn't wanna read my disc. I have to reboot the console, is this happening to you guys :/ hope microsoft fixes this issue.

A lot of my friends on Xbox One are getting the "Controller unplugged. Please re-connect controller with A button" error while their battery is fully charged. Hopefully this too is corrected soon.

Broman1978

Happens to me time to time...I just eject the disc and insert the disc again and it works for me...

It is happening to me too. It was way worse before the latest revision, but still happens occassionally.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of my friends on Xbox One are getting the "Controller unplugged. Please re-connect controller with A button" error while their battery is fully charged. Hopefully this too is corrected soon.

I don't have that problem :/ i hope so too.

Happens to me time to time...I just eject the disc and insert the disc again and it works for me...

see i try to do that on mine, but i just hear a loud noise coming from the disc drive and it looks like the disc is being scratched. i freak out when that happens :/

It is happening to me too. It was way worse before the latest revision, but still happens occassionally.

i hope microsoft fixes this, i don't want to have a faulty disc drive :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I keep getting my controllers (x3) disconnected even when using a USB cable. I've hard rebooted my XB1 but still no luck.

It's really annoying trying to play online such as Forza. I'll be in a good position then the car will just come to a stop or I crash. :\

And it's been what 2-3 months now and I still can't access the preview forums on Xbox.com to leave feedback.

Man I keep getting my controllers (x3) disconnected even when using a USB cable. I've hard rebooted my XB1 but still no luck.

It's really annoying trying to play online such as Forza. I'll be in a good position then the car will just come to a stop or I crash. :\

And it's been what 2-3 months now and I still can't access the preview forums on Xbox.com to leave feedback.

I heard that the controller firmware update was supposed to fix this. Have you tried that?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I heard that the controller firmware update was supposed to fix this. Have you tried that?

Yup nothing. Controllers had been fine on the big update for the last few weeks but we got a little update at the weekend . It seemed to be that which has caused the issues.

Hopefully I get the public update soon which fixes it.

Edit: Wait a minute what update is everyone on at the moment? I just saw on the previous page the OS version is xb_rel_1404.140405-2200.

I'm not even on that I'm on xb_rel_1404.140411-1830. Has mine downgraded?

sangreal

Yup nothing. Controllers had been fine on the big update for the last few weeks but we got a little update at the weekend . It seemed to be that which has caused the issues.

Hopefully I get the public update soon which fixes it.

Edit: Wait a minute what update is everyone on at the moment? I just saw on the previous page the OS version is xb_rel_1404.140405-2200.

I'm not even on that I'm on xb_rel_1404.140411-1830. Has mine downgraded?

no, that poster was wrong. xb_rel_1404.140411-1830 is the latest version

the second part is the date, so this build is from april 11, 2014. The previous (preview) build was April 5, 2014

Special C

Anyone know why my GameDVR isn't recording the audio suddenly? I play with my volume down and use headphones but I don't think that has ever mattered before

pixlexic

Banned
not sure if it was apart of this update but i love how they have twitch broadcasts right in the game info in the game store.

Bsigg12

not sure if it was apart of this update but i love how they have twitch broadcasts right in the game info in the game store.

It's slick as hell. It will be really cool once more and more games come out to get a feel of the game before you decide if you want to buy it.

zorbsie

I think that was part of the Twitch update. But you are right, that is a really cool feature. I used it to check out arcade games that have no demos.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
For those with random yet frequent controller disconnects: I had this problem on my day one console and ended up needing to get it replaced by MS.

Having a wifi router nearby (within 5ft) also can cause connection issues.

golem

It's slick as hell. It will be really cool once more and more games come out to get a feel of the game before you decide if you want to buy it.

It does kind of annoy me that there are no actual trailers on most game pages in the store. Screenshots, streams and upload clips.. but wheres the trailer?!

Bsigg12

It does kind of annoy me that there are no actual trailers on most game pages in the store. Screenshots, streams and upload clips.. but wheres the trailer?!

That's a good question. You do risk spoilers with clips and Twitch so having trailers available as well would be nice.

Caayn

Anyway to check if I have the update even if I was in the beta?
Two ways:

1. Go to settings -> system -> Console Info. Under OS version it should say (xbl_ref_1404-140411-1830)

Or alternatively (this will only work if you were in the preview, as this was added during the preview and in the latest firmware version)

2. Go to Settings -> System. If there's an update button* visible than you need to update, if not then you already got the latest version.

*Not the "update controller" button.

The Flash

Banned
Dear Agent Strange,

With the latest Xbox One system update out to the full community, we wanted to say thanks. It’s not exaggerating to say that we are blown away by your dedication to making Xbox One the best gaming console for you.

There’s too much to list here, but a few highlights of your feedback that made Xbox One better:

1. Mitten Hands79 told us when a disc was ejected, the drive tried to pull it back in —fixed!
2. Tig3rsH8P3pp3r pointed out the new SmartGlass update for Android had text too light to see —fixed!
3. tnt monty raised the alarm when the 50Hz setting wasn’t saved after an update —fixed!

The next system update for previewing will be starting soon, and you’re already registered. Come to the forum anytime, tell us new features you want to see, how to make your engagement with us better, or invite your friends!

In the meantime, we want you to know your feedback makes all the difference. So kick back, fire up a game, party with your friends, and enjoy the console you’re helping to make better.

Well done.

Sincerely,
Emily Hanson
Program Manager, Preview Xbox One Updates
Gamertag: Miss Portia

Got this in my mail today.

The main thing I'd like to see added now is the Gamer Profile system, the one that lets you set your controls to Inverted for ALL action games on a system level.

I'm already hating having to adjust that in every game again. The 360 saved it and it was standard from then onward. :(

MechDX

The main thing I'd like to see added now is the Gamer Profile system, the one that lets you set your controls to Inverted for ALL action games on a system level.

I'm already hating having to adjust that in every game again. The 360 saved it and it was standard from then onward. :(

This! 360 spoiled me and now MS takes away my wooby!!

I'm sure this has been beaten to death so apologies in advance but is there a way to trigger the update manually or install over USB? I still haven't gotten it pushed.

BraXzy

Is there a way to install your game library (physical discs) without having the discs in?

I am setting up a new Xbox One and it is a pain having to manually install 8 disc based games when it would 100x easier to just set them all to download in the background. Obviously, I don't expect to be able to play them without the disc in but it seems like a logical feature to include. You could just have a download (not buy) option in the games listing in the store.

If this is a thing already, somebody please point it out.

lostcauz

Is there a way to install your game library (physical discs) without having the discs in?

I am setting up a new Xbox One and it is a pain having to manually install 8 disc based games when it would 100x easier to just set them all to download in the background. Obviously, I don't expect to be able to play them without the disc in but it seems like a logical feature to include. You could just have a download (not buy) option in the games listing in the store.

If this is a thing already, somebody please point it out.

Are you part of the preview? I would suggest it in the preview forums.

Hawk269

I hope there are some optimizations on the OS level that will improve load times and install times. They are a bit too long as it is, so any improvements to install/load times would be beneficial.

Nori Chan

Two ways:

1. Go to settings -> system -> Console Info. Under OS version it should say (xbl_ref_1404-140411-1830)

Or alternatively (this will only work if you were in the preview, as this was added during the preview and in the latest firmware version)

2. Go to Settings -> System. If there's an update button* visible than you need to update, if not then you already got the latest version.

*Not the "update controller" button.
Oh so the update button only shows up when there's an update? I thought it would be there all the time

Dabanton

MS getting pushed onto the back foot has been one of the best things to happen to them. Seems to have seriously refocused them. Which is always a good thing. Loving these constant updates and interaction with the community. I wonder what the next preview will bring? Screenshot function would be welcome and I'd like an even more HQ capture solution if we're uploading to Youtube etc.

The 'Xbox Record that' is my fave command. When I jumped back on my 360 to play GTAV the amount of times where something cool or funny has happened and I really missed having that instant record function.

MS getting pushed onto the back foot has been one of the best things to happen to them. Seems to have seriously refocused them. Which is always a good thing. Loving these constant updates and interaction with the community. I wonder what the next preview will bring? Screenshot function would be welcome and I'd like an even more HQ capture solution if we're uploading to Youtube etc.

The 'Xbox Record that' is my fave command. When I jumped back on my 360 to play GTAV the amount of times where something cool or funny has happened and I really missed having that instant record function.

As a company MS were on the back foot with Ballmer and Xbox division with Mattrick, they seem to have awoken from their slumber, lets hope the whole company moves in the right direction now

Daigoro

Just got my XBONE last week, updated the controller a few days ago. the random controller disconnects are driving me a bit mad.

is this a known bug?

Top Bottom