• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

Rourkey

Mee too if at all poss! Got someone coming round this weekend to check the xbone out and having the one guide mAy make all the difference,

Rourkey76

Potential

Neo Member
I can invite some of you. Just follow T3nn931 and i'll send an invite for your GT, much easier for me that way.

Is anyone having Kinect disconnection issues after the last update? Mine keeps turning on and off, though a full power cycle seems to temporarily fix it. Not sure if it's a bug or if my hardware is faulty.

Exactly, what I came to ask. Mine was doing it earlier and I didn't have a clue what was going on. I went into settings and seen that system update was available so maybe it'll clear it up.

mrg6290

Exactly, what I came to ask. Mine was doing it earlier and I didn't have a clue what was going on. I went into settings and seen that system update was available so maybe it'll clear it up.

The last update seemed to completely kill my Kinect. Was working, then update, then a short time later it showed as disconnected and it was no longer recognized no matter what I did. Had it to get it replaced by MS. Thankfully only took 3 days.

*Could also be a coincidence. I have no real evidence it was the update, but it did happen shortly after receiving the previous update in this wave.

Cabal

Is anyone in the preview using a directv genie dvr? since launch using the fast forward and rewind functions on the DVR causes the screen to freeze. From what I understand it only happens with the mini clients but it's extremely annoying. I am reading conflicting info about whether this preview fixes it. I hope that it does because right now using the xbox one with my dvr is awful...

Cueil

Banned
have had it for two days... observations...
- voice control is a ton better... I never had bad issues with the thing, but sometimes Xbox select would only work once or twice and then I had to say xbox select again
- voice control for my reciever finally works again (stop after first update) use to not mute now mutes and volume commands work nearly 100 percent of the time... leaving default 3 db up and down.
- friend notifications are nice addition

Kaezul

The Preview App for Xbox One has been updated. If you'd like me to add your gamertag, please follow t4z0 and I'll add you when I get home.

DGaa01a.jpg

Edit: Keep in mind it's not a guaranteed entry. You still have to be approved after being invited. Once/if you're approved you'll get a message from Xbox Live on your console saying you're in the beta with a code to download the app. I have no idea how long this will take with the new invite system, but the last one took about 24-48 hours.

I followed you. My GT is Ya Namsayin. Thanks dude!

Razdek

Banned
Got an update today but does anyone know what's in it? My brother is in the preview so I don't have access to the forum.

sangreal

Got an update today but does anyone know what's in it? My brother is in the preview so I don't have access to the forum.

bug fixes

A new 1404 system update starting to deploy today!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140411-1830). This update will be rolled out in two waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 4:30PM PDT on 4/12. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 2:00PM PDT on 4/13 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We’re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes

• Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
  • A new fix for consoles previewing the update to address an issue where the Blu-ray drive may fail to wake up after coming out of standby. This issue can result in the “Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)” error when a disc is already in the drive.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where booting from energy saving mode can take longer than normal.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where waking the console from standby with the "Xbox, on" voice command can take longer than normal to process.

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140411-1830). This update will be rolled out in two waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 4:30PM PDT on 4/12. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 2:00PM PDT on 4/13 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We’re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes
  • Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
  • A new fix for consoles previewing the update to address an issue where the Blu-ray drive may fail to wake up after coming out of standby. This issue can result in the “Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)” error when a disc is already in the drive.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where booting from energy saving mode can take longer than normal.
  • A fix for an issue affecting consoles previewing the update where waking the console from standby with the "Xbox, on" voice command can take longer than normal to process.

EDIT: annnd beaten

Daximuss

Does anyone know when this update will roll out for those of us not in the preview program?

Also, if you are in the preview program, can you still party up and game with those not in the program? If so, I would greatly appreciate an invitation. Thank you.

K1ng P3n

It's crazy how MS will have revamped the Game+App Library and Storage Management, Friends App, the Party System, and changed the way Notifications worked in less than 6 months.

Of course the way it worked at launch was bullshit, but still, it's impressive none-the-less.

Not sure when it's rolling out to the public but you can still party up with people that's not in the preview program.

Top Bottom