• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

shandy706

do2iBBt.jpg

This is an absolutely amazing image right here.

It was the ONE thing I wanted more than anything else.

updates are downloaded and installed automatically but only at night in my experience; they just moved the notification from notification center to the tile

My collegue told me he had to do it manually but for some apps, nothing happened (no update) for other one there were an update.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I got the XBL message but didn't notice an update yet. There's no code to enter this time right? It should just prompt me for an Xbox update?

Spasm

No glitch. The stuff listed on the right is essentially your download history on Xbox One.
It's a glitch that many have reported. Zoo Tycoon and the Zoo Tycoon demo have different tiles. The full version is what's there in your DL history saying, "Ready to download." Trying to download it does absolutely nothing and the tile will not go away.

Lima

It's a glitch that many have reported. Zoo Tycoon and the Zoo Tycoon demo have different tiles. The full version is what's there in your DL history saying, "Ready to download." Trying to download it does absolutely nothing and the tile will not go away.

Ah okay. I didn't quite get that that is the problem from what he was saying. Thanks

abracadaver

updates are downloaded and installed automatically but only at night in my experience; they just moved the notification from notification center to the tile

I got it this morning

So there is only an icon after the patch is already downloaded ? So useless if thats true.
I just want to see which games have updates available

So there is only an icon after the patch is already downloaded ? So useless if thats true.
I just want to see which games have updates available
Well the console is supposed to automatically DL updates to games and apps in the background and while it's in standby.

I say supposed to because it definitely did this the first couple of months, but appears to have stopped for me as of late. (yes, I've checked all the settings)

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Are we gonna see updates every month? One in February, one in March, and now one in April and all three updates have been (or will be) great! Good on Microsoft! Now, if it would be possible to allow 360 and Xbox One users to be in the same party then that would be amazing.

m23

Are we gonna see updates every month? One in February, one in March, and now one in April and all three updates have been (or will be) great! Good on Microsoft! Now, if it would be possible to allow 360 and Xbox One users to be in the same party then that would be amazing.

Don't get used to one every month.

ElNino

Glad it isn't just me that has this then. I had tried re-downloading the demo from my history panel (the right hand side) and deleting again, but the greyed-out tile is still there.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I wondered why Microsoft took away friend notifications...

Sometimes I'll get a text saying "I'll be on soon" and because there's no alert I completely forget or think to myself "where the hell is..." but they're already on - I just wasn't notified.

Glad to see those are coming back.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Mine hasnt updated yet so I'll record a clip on Fifa 14 then once the OS has updated do the same match for a comparison.

Might do the same for other games of cutscene.

tkalamba

I wondered why Microsoft took away friend notifications...

Sometimes I'll get a text saying "I'll be on soon" and because there's no alert I completely forget or think to myself "where the hell is..." but they're already on - I just wasn't notified.

Glad to see those are coming back.

I think they were taken away due to the increased friends limit. Imagine if you had 1000 friends, the notifications would be insane. At least now they pop up for people designated as favourites.

LowerLevel

Got mine. Man, at this rate, MS will have the External HDD support available soon! (doubtful...)
Goodness, imagine if MS has it for a while before the Ps4?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Don't get used to one every month.

Lol I won't, but it's awesome we've gotten three across three months so far. Once every 2 months was something I considered unusually quick and the frequency we've been getting them at right now is just ridiculous.

def sim

Got mine. Man, at this rate, MS will have the External HDD support available soon! (doubtful...)
Goodness, imagine if MS has it for a while before the Ps4?

The PS4 has a user replaceable, internal HDD. The Xbox One doesn't so it needs external HDD support more.

So can anyone who has it let us know if you can toggle the sign in notification between favourites and friends? Thanks.

I checked last night and it didn't seem to be live on this update.

Today we’re excited to share the next wave of features that we will begin to roll out. These features will become available to members getting the early previews in the coming days and weeks and will be available to the full Xbox Live community in April

LowerLevel

The PS4 has a user replaceable, internal HDD. The Xbox One doesn't so it needs external HDD support more.

This is true, but what is the size limits I wonder? My fear is that MS will short change us again with a 500GB limit or some mess. I personally kind of like the idea of just plugging in an external through the side USB and interchanging as I see fit as well, like the USB keys of last gen.

I always thought beacons were kind of a dumb idea. If I wanted to play a game with someone I would just message them and ask that way.

Honestly, having seen the Xbox Live Smart Matchmaking, even if its not out yet, its plainly obvious what Beacons were suppose to be.

Can someone tell me why this is happening:
MqxYWrZ.jpg

Smart glass app shows my tv as "Halo Waypoint".
I dont think that Halo Waypoint is on the One yet...Halo Waypoint for Xbox One confirmed.

Alx

This is true, but what is the size limits I wonder? My fear is that MS will short change us again with a 500GB limit or some mess. I personally kind of like the idea of just plugging in an external through the side USB and interchanging as I see fit as well, like the USB keys of last gen.

On the previous generation, MS was selling an overpriced official HDD as an accessory, though. That was probably the reason for the size limitation on external storage. Since there is no such thing (that I know of) for X1, I suppose that there's no reason to have such limitation this time.

Lol I won't, but it's awesome we've gotten three across three months so far. Once every 2 months was something I considered unusually quick and the frequency we've been getting them at right now is just ridiculous.
They've been unusually quicker across the board since they did their reorganization. I guess having all OS Development under a single division really helped out in that regards.

see5harp

Yes, and yes. Don't expect beacons to come back, noone used them, and MS knows it.

Beacons were actually awesome because it's one more way to control those friend notifications. Sometimes I don't care whether a friend is online, even if a favorite, because I only care of he's playing the game I want to play. I'd like to see them return.

Lima

Wait that chat mixer also works when using the headset right? I am so fucking sick of the game volume getting lowered once you enter party chat.

Top Bottom