• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Zeta Oni

Ninja Gaiden Black?

eating-crow.gif

EmiPrime

I hope that leaked image is just a sample of the games available on day one. I've had a few OG Xbox games as avatars over the last year to go with my OG Xbox BC begging on GAF but none of them are featured!

Oemenia

Banned
Yeah during the 360 era Microsoft released some OG Xbox games digitally and it was called Xbox Originals, mind you the list was extremely small. Here's the list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals
If you've purchased any of these games, you'll be able to play them on the Xbox One when they become available since you already own the digital license.
Hopefully San Andreas is still offered, the 360 port is terrible.

iavi

Was praying for JSRF but I will most definitely take NGB

Fucking ace

Seems like Tecmo Koei finally coming around to BC?

None of those are one of the two OG Xbox games I own. Pack it up, cancel the whole thing, the program’s a disaster.

Would be nice to be able to buy KOTOR digitally and finally play it. Hopefully these will all be purchasable on the store rather than disc only.

Hopefully San Andreas is still offered, the 360 port is terrible.

It doesn't seem like it, while they still have the store page for the Xbox Originals version, you can't purchase it anymore.

Was praying for JSRF but I will most definitely take NGB

Fucking ace

Seems like Tecmo Koei finally coming around to BC?

Which is weird since they were one of the first confirmed 3rd party publisher to be on board with the BC program, yet there hasn't been a single KT game released yet for BC.

splattered

Yeah during the 360 era Microsoft released some OG Xbox games digitally and it was called Xbox Originals, mind you the list was extremely small. Here's the list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals
If you've purchased any of these games, you'll be able to play them on the Xbox One when they become available since you already own the digital license.

Wooo I didn't even know that. I see Max Payne 1&2 on the list.. would be sweet if they released Max Payne 1-3 BC all together!

EmiPrime

I am very happy to see some games on there that I wasn't expecting, like KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden Black (still waiting on NG2), and Red Faction, but where are Sega's games? They've been extremely slow to give MS the green light on their Xbox 360 games. And now we don't see any at all for the OG Xbox BC launch? That's embarrassing.

Well that's not true: Sega have the most BC 360 games of any third party.

EmiPrime

sega and surprisingly, konami

its just that they`re dumping all the other games first instead of the games people really want

It's not really up to Sega, they're not the ones programming the emulator. They've probably given MS permission for everything they're still allowed to sell on OG Xbox and 360 (RIP Outrun and After Burner) and that's really all that can be expected of them.

shanafan

Xbox BC back tomorrow! I wish (and maybe hope) my OG Ninja Gaiden disc works, as Microsoft is only showing Ninja Gaiden Black as the supported title.

amdb00mer

Definitely happy with the initial OG Xbox offering. I knew they would run in 4K on the X1X, but did not know some X360 would get HDR and 4k on the X1X. Great day for BC fans.

G0523

I wanted to post in here so bad today once I saw that Microsoft finally announced OG Xbox games are coming tomorrow.

I will say this: if you have ANY interest in buying any of the OG Xbox games that will be playable tomorrow, I strongly suggest buying them now. The prices are creeping up on Amazon and eBay, even games that were originally not worth anything like Crimson Skies and Red Faction 2. I haven't checked them all, and I can't imagine that Grabbed by the Ghoulies will go up that much since it is available on Rare Replay, but you never know.

Have fun playing old games tomorrow! :D I know I'll be firing up Ninja Gaiden Black and Psychonauts when I get home from work.

shanafan

I wanted to post in here so bad today once I saw that Microsoft finally announced OG Xbox games are coming tomorrow.

I will say this: if you have ANY interest in buying any of the OG Xbox games that will be playable tomorrow, I strongly suggest buying them now. The prices are creeping up on Amazon and eBay, even games that were originally not worth anything like Crimson Skies and Red Faction 2. I haven't checked them all, and I can't imagine that Grabbed by the Ghoulies will go up that much since it is available on Rare Replay, but you never know.

Or just spring for the $9.99 digital price ;)

theDeeDubs

I've been going through withdrawals with gaf being down the last two days. Anyways, I wasn't expecting much as I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of that generation. However, KotoR, Ninja Gaiden, and Prince of Persia are all amazing games. Can't wait to replay all those. Hopefully we'll eventually get all the Prince of Persia games on BC and an eventual new one. Also wouldn't mind Breakdown, Psi Ops and a few others that probably haven't aged well and will ruin my nostalgia :p.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I dream of conkers bad fur day Xbox remake. I still don’t know why the Xbox version wasn’t in rare replay yet the n64 one was

CRZYSPZ

I dream of conkers bad fur day Xbox remake. I still don’t know why the Xbox version wasn’t in rare replay yet the n64 one was

I know someone from Rare mentioned they were partially adding the original game because it was rarer. I also like the fact it's uncensored.

WaveRider

Neo Member
So did they add acheavments or not for the originals?

According to the news release they are not adding anything new to the games.

"Since these are original games and not remasters, Xbox Live services such as online multiplayer that were available on the original Xbox will not be available. However, offline multiplayer scenarios such as co-op and system-link are supported as they were originally. There will also be no Achievements for Original Xbox games because this functionality was also not originally available."

AzureFlame

According to the news release they are not adding anything new to the games.

"Since these are original games and not remasters, Xbox Live services such as online multiplayer that were available on the original Xbox will not be available. However, offline multiplayer scenarios such as co-op and system-link are supported as they were originally. There will also be no Achievements for Original Xbox games because this functionality was also not originally available."

oh...

sp3ctr3

Have they said anything about at what intervals we can expect new BC games? Is it every tue/thu like Xbox 360?

I know there was a lot of nothing on those days, but still.

Top Bottom