• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Sephimoth

KOTOR disc started installing/downloading.

However my store purchased Ninja Gaiden Black from the other day is still not showing in library yet

Zenner

I'm assuming there's no 360 games announced / expected for a few weeks, with the OG here?

Still holding a torch for Space Invaders Extreme :'(

it is interesting to see how Black got released and MS refuses to release NG2. I wonder why?

I doubt it is an MS decision. There are three possibilities:

1) Koei Tecmo are the ones refusing to sign-off on NG2.

2) NG2 doesn't run on the emulator or it runs too poorly to release.

3) It's in the pipeline but not ready yet.

My god what wonderful news to return to. MS is by far the best. I have been banking Bing rewards points for a while now to get gamepass for free. I have 20k now. It is going to be painful not getting to play ngb right away.

CRZYSPZ

I'm assuming there's no 360 games announced / expected for a few weeks, with the OG here?

Still holding a torch for Space Invaders Extreme :'(

I would say no 360 games for today, maybe none for Thursday, but expect mixes of games for now on (but most of them will probably still be Xbox 360 titles).

i posted this in the other xbox thread but a quick question... is ng sigma censored? i have the original NG but i heard this one removed some stuff (might just be UK version or something). can anyone confirm the dismemberment and gore?

i posted this in the other xbox thread but a quick question... is ng sigma censored? i have the original NG but i heard this one removed some stuff (might just be UK version or something). can anyone confirm the dismemberment and gore?

Not sure about Sigma but Black is uncensored

Nothing changed with Sigma. They removed most of the blood from Sigma 2, though.

G0523

The following Xbox 360 Original games are now compatible on Xbox One:

-Black
-BloodRayne 2
-Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
-Dead to Rights
-Fuzion Frenzy
-Grabbed by the Ghoulies
-Ninja Gaiden Black
-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
-Psychonauts
-Red Faction II
-Sid Meier’s Pirates!
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
-The King of Fighters Neowave

There aren't any new Xbox 360 games today.

iFirez

Nothing seems to be installing or downloading here just the usual "This game is not playable here" when I try to launch the disc. How did others get it to install?

Fixed it: had to turn the Xbox One off, eject the disc, reinsert disc and then it worked; quick little update/download to play it too.
DM6lpZxX0AYxWFS.jpg:large

Need to have some friends over and rock that fusion Frenzy. That was a classic party game. Hoping Quantum Redshift, The Thing, and the Punisher eventually get the bc green light.

Sephimoth

Below is the first curated batch of Original Xbox games we’re releasing into the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. We expect to release another curated list of Original Xbox classics in Spring 2018, so stayed tuned for more.

Thats a long ass wait! I assumed they'd be drip fed as frequent as 360 ones are. Ah well..

Ninja Gaiden Black just appeared in my Ready To Install

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I was surprised when the original Xbox animation came on. May have cried a little.

Edit: Fusion Frenzy looks fantastic. Sumo time.

Bry0

I happened to own digital versions of black, crimson skies, and ninja gaiden black. I must've bought these nearly a decade ago, but amazing that I get to play them at a higher res now.

REALLY hoping for Mechassault 1,2 and metal arms. All amazing games to this day.

Jet Set Radio Future ASAP please.

JSRF isn't going to happen because of all the music licensing. Accept it and move on. I don't see any point in pining away for games that have almost 0% chance of making it into the program.

REALLY hoping for Mechassault 1,2

I'd love those too but that also is a licensing problem. However, unlike JSRF it only involves one or two companies so it's somewhat more feasible that these might show up at some point.

Sephimoth

JSRF isn't going to happen because of all the music licensing. Accept it and move on. I don't see any point in pining away for games that have almost 0% chance of making it into the program.
I wonder if there's any way around this for some games- I dunno like adding some code to the emulator to override/mute/skip certain music tracks. If the entire soundtrack is licensed though that could be a problem.

I'd love those too but that also is a licensing problem. However, unlike JSRF it only involves one or two companies so it's somewhat more feasible that these might show up at some point.

What about that Gamestop leak?

gossi

I've got 4 titles installed now. This works really. It also looks surprisingly good for 2017 - e.g. Crimson Skies actually looks decent considering it's older than many posters here.

I wonder if there's any way around this for some games- I dunno like adding some code to the emulator to override/mute certain music tracks.

I thought about this but with these games the music is a huge part of the nostalgia. Hearing "Birthday Cake" while grinding around is integral to the experience. I can't imagine a release with missing tracks going over too well.

What about that Gamestop leak?

That list contains titles that are BC on the Xbox 360. Had nothing to do with XBO.

SDMG

I had to search the store for Ninja Gaiden Black and Crimson Skies to download it they weren't showing up in my Ready To Install.

Mentaur

Neo Member
I remember Breakdown from Namco being a really cool game - first person with a fighting system was it? Anyone else enjoy that? Those unique little games are the ones they should focus on bringing back to life if they can.

amdb00mer

Thats a long ass wait! I assumed they'd be drip fed as frequent as 360 ones are. Ah well..

Ninja Gaiden Black just appeared in my Ready To Install

I think with X1X launching, holidays around the corner, and the difficult task of getting approvals and licensing done on these older, well older than X360, games will take a while. I posted on another site my wishlist for the next drop. I want SW: Republic Commando, Hunter The Reckoning, and almost all Sega games (JSRF, Sonic Heroes, Otogi 1&2, Gun Valkyrie, and Panzer Dragoon Orta). And yes, I know JSRF has licensing issues out the wazoo.

SimonM7

Hows Dead To Rights? looks like a cool arcadey max payne game

I loved it back in the day, but I'm very aware that it may be 100% unplayable by today's standards. :D It may be a jittery lock on spaz fest.

It's also un...purchaseable here in sweden, it seems. In fact, I'm only finding Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden Black in the store. :(

Hmm I've got a box full of my old Xbox games here but it is still missing many from my list. They must be in other boxes, I remember saying back at announcement it'll be 'fun' searching for all these again!

Well, we will find out how fun that actually is tomorrow haha.

Edit: Can confirm as well, vanilla Ninja Gaiden doesn't let you install Ninja Gaiden Black, that was what we all assumed but those of us that only owned the original ver. still had a little hope held out I suppose, I know I did. :p

It amazes me how they got this to work using the original discs and including up scaling the Res.

Going have to get a copy of Crimson Skies on Ebay. Sad they never did make a sequel to that :(

Sizzle55

I am in Australia, I can find Black on the Microsoft store but can't seem to buy it! Says not available in your region. Anyway to get around it? There is a install on 360 icon but I don't have a 360 cheers

Top Bottom