• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Varg

Banned
Pretty disappointed at the lack of multiplayer and achievements for these titles . What a let down . I like how Sony does their ps2 games .

Flintty

I'm excited for KOTOR, I hope it's as good as I remember it. Hopefully they bring the sequel to BC too - I never got to play that.

MaulerX

Pretty disappointed at the lack of multiplayer and achievements for these titles . What a let down . I like how Sony does their ps2 games .

You mean remakes/remasters? That's not BC. You can literally put your original Xbox game and have the system recognize it and download the game to play. Can't see how they could add Achievements without significantly altering the OG code.

Megatron

You mean not letting you use the disks you already own and making you pay $15 for them? Really?

JoeLT

You mean remakes/remasters? That's not BC. You can literally put your original Xbox game and have the system recognize it and download the game to play. Can't see how they could add Achievements without significantly altering the OG code.
I thought the PS2 games on PS4 were still emulation and the trophies are added on by monitoring game calls. Requires more work though, as would bringing multiplayer back to OG Xbox games, which would likely make games take longer to come to the platform.

MaulerX

I thought the PS2 games on PS4 were still emulation and the trophies are added on by monitoring game calls. Requires more work though, as would bringing multiplayer back to OG Xbox games, which would likely make games take longer to come to the platform.

That's why it's still not BC. They're making you pay for those features by making you pay for the game even if you own the disc already. Don't get me wrong, I would also love Achievements added but I'd rather have straight up BC then have to pay more for them.

I picked up Black today from a local 2nd hand shop, only $7NZ! :D

I only have vanilla Ninja Gaiden physically sadly, I doubt that will work. Never actually seen a physical copy of NGB here in NZ.

I have a handful of my discs ready to play from the initial pile now.

My most wanted games for the service are probably Shenmue 2 and Otogi. Sadly because of the Shenmue 3 crap with Sony we probably wont get 2. :(

amdb00mer

Then go rebuy games you may already own just to play them on the PS4. Nobody is forcing you to buy Xbox One and use the BC program on there. Problem solved.

Not having to pay again for a game I own and better graphic/performance >>>>>> trophies that takes additional time to add and multiplayer very few people would still play.

Damn, I have tons of OG Xbox games but none on that list. Any chance vanilla Ninja Gaiden (not Black) will work?

I also have Vanilla. Probably not. But I think eventually it will work..

The question remains if I can actually patiently wait for vanilla or just buy Black. Lol

Flagship

I also have Vanilla. Probably not. But I think eventually it will work..

The question remains if I can actually patiently wait for vanilla or just buy Black. Lol

Don't forget Ninja Gaiden Black will be made accessible today to those with an active xbox game pass subscription. I'm in the same situation as you (with the vanilla version) so I'm going to check to see if it works, if not I'll just get it via game pass.

BTW everyone here, I missed y'all familiar faces here when the outage happened and it was a shame we couldn't celebrate the OG xbox news during it's announcement, I was so stoked lol.

Hopefully we'll get some splinter cell's on this service, for now though I'm going to play PoP, Crimson Skies, Black and NGB. Need to get my hands on some OG xbox games like kotor. Hopefully jade empire and republic commando can make the list as well!

gossi

FYI if you want to buy the titles, they're $9 on the Xbox marketplace too (use the website version). Basically, it's cheap.

Jakabok

I wonder if region locking will be ignored for this? I'm in the UK but all my OG games are NTSC (shitty 50hz PAL versions were still a thing back then, looking at you Halo CE).

Most games were region locked. I would test this but don't own any discs from the initial batch.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I bought Fusion Frenzy the second I saw it and KOTOR I will be getting tonight.

Can't think of many things deserving more of my £6.75 after seeing the YouTube footage.

Great effort.

El Sabroso

want to test kof neowave in my Xbox One already, yesterday I played it on the Xbox 360, and customizing graphics options is glitchy, but anything else runs perfectly, hope it works better when running on Xbox One

Don't forget Ninja Gaiden Black will be made accessible today to those with an active xbox game pass subscription. I'm in the same situation as you (with the vanilla version) so I'm going to check to see if it works, if not I'll just get it via game pass.

BTW everyone here, I missed y'all familiar faces here when the outage happened and it was a shame we couldn't celebrate the OG xbox news during it's announcement, I was so stoked lol.

Hopefully we'll get some splinter cell's on this service, for now though I'm going to play PoP, Crimson Skies, Black and NGB. Need to get my hands on some OG xbox games like kotor. Hopefully jade empire and republic commando can make the list as well!

Thanks.

And yea.. I feel the same. I felt empty not being able to talk about OG Xbox announcement. I am super excited and cannot wait till tonight to check out some games. ;-)

I still think we are going to get a Splinter Cell day with all games being BC.

Varg

Banned
You mean not letting you use the disks you already own and making you pay $15 for them? Really?

Please boy, you go look for your dusty ass og Xbox games. Nobody got time for that . No reason those games can’t have achievements and multiplayer .

shanafan

Please boy, you go look for your dusty ass og Xbox games. Nobody got time for that . No reason those games can’t have achievements and multiplayer .

My OG Xbox discs are sitting nicely on a shelf, free of dust. I can grab one in mere seconds.

Hawk269

Thanks.

And yea.. I feel the same. I felt empty not being able to talk about OG Xbox announcement. I am super excited and cannot wait till tonight to check out some games. ;-)

I still think we are going to get a Splinter Cell day with all games being BC.

I made a thread to talk about it shortly after Gaf came back on-line, but like many it is not the same as when we get the announcement and everyone joins in within the first few hours. Hopefully as more news is leaked about about other stuff we can get back to having some great threads.

I think the official Xbox One X thread is going to be pretty damn cool. People coming in talking about experiences and stuff. Looking forward to it.

Timan

Developer
Damn if we could get the DICE games (Midtown Madness 3, Rallisport etc)... jeez I'd put my life right back into it.

Glad someone at MS is putting the time and resources into support for older gen stuff. That some companies just don't care too much about.

Hawk269

My OG Xbox discs are sitting nicely on a shelf, free of dust. I can grab one in mere seconds.

lol. Same for me. I have them on a shelf with a glass door so they are nice and clean. I actually separated the BC games from the rest so I have them all together. As of today, I have about 45 original Xbox Games out of those I have about 6 that are BC.

You guys are going to laugh, but I really hope they add Azurik to the BC list of games.

Duxxy3

Really want to see what NGB looks like now. I won't play it myself because controllers are expensive, but I'd like to see the upgrade.

Top Bottom