• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One fabulous Toys R' Us demo

G6G7nFH.png

CAST IT INTO THE FIRE FRODO

Red-shirted host was a little creepy-looking, but considering the target for this video, it really didn't seem anything worse than the usual "hype up the holiday toy" videos, save for a verbal slip or two ("see lighter" and such).

Vashetti

Banned
"awww look at those pussies at sonygaf so upset. This is by far the better console. Ps4 is a videogame machine without games, and Ryse looks better than shitfall, so best graphix on xbo, not only that, you can do about 500 things more on the media marvel. Your online wont be hacked on XBL, and you wont have shitty download speeds. FUCK SONYGAF, FUCK PONIES, and fuck anyone who doesnt love the XBO because their taste sucks and they love the taste of Sony cock."

lol at ages 6 and up
its 500$ plus tax

get the kids a nerf gun
and they'll have more fun

Heh, to be fair, people get kids iPads and iPod touches these days, and those aren't exactly super cheap.

That said, I agree that an Xbox One is still gonna be somewhat of a hard sell at that price, and high end consoles tend to not be frequent kids gifts at launch anyway. Though I'm guessing they could potentially lean on the "family" aspect with Kinect (dad plays call of duty! mom and kids play just dance! everyone controls TV and netflix with voice controls!)

UNCMark

Banned
Does the average Toys R' Us consumer care about the specs?

The only spec the vast majority of people that buy a next gen console care about is whether or not its the newest version. And that only matters after an attractive pricepoint has been reached.

frizby

"...making it one of the fastest xboxes so far"

This is the most amazing thing I've heard all day. I'm just...

SPDIF

A system made to play games doesn't feature any games in the ad. Ok. Exciting.

It's a Toys R' Us ad obviously aimed at kids, and they did show a few clips of the more 'kid-friendly' launch titles, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Were you expecting some in depth analysis of the launch games or something?

"awww look at those pussies at sonygaf so upset. This is by far the better console. Ps4 is a videogame machine without games, and Ryse looks better than shitfall, so best graphix on xbo, not only that, you can do about 500 things more on the media marvel. Your online wont be hacked on XBL, and you wont have shitty download speeds. FUCK SONYGAF, FUCK PONIES, and fuck anyone who doesnt love the XBO because their taste sucks and they love the taste of Sony cock."
You just know that's somebody here.

At least they are pushing xbox marketplace. That's the only place where you can purchase the actual good Xbox games (Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, etc.)

In what good ad would a representative proclaim to know little about the product?

Some things are bad.

I didn't say the ad was great, but the response is hilarious. Like this was aimed at hardcore gamers. This is for parents and kids to glance at while looking for holiday gifts. Not an E3 presentation.

MaulerX

What? All this for an ad aimed at kids? That's some serious reverse meltdown you got going there.

JWong

Banned
LOOOOOOOL

"I heard the camera has been improved. It can ACTUALLY recognize you?"

As opposed to not working for shit on 360 lool

MormaPope

Banned
I realized why this work of art is the way it is. Plenty of the launch titles for the Xbone are rated M, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct(?), Watchdogs, Battlefield 4. I guess there also wasn't a lot of footage available for any backburner games.

Dude's wearing a red shirt with a backwards 'R' on it. I smell commie.

Sorry "comrade", but your video gets the thumbs down from me.

Literally. I hit the dislike button on Youtube for a laugh. lol

dmr87

The host acts like he doesn't know anything yet he wants to know the speccs.

8-cores baby, that's awesome.

hWw.gif

Top Bottom