• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One fabulous Toys R' Us demo

C-DubSP

Neo Member
9UG5Yve.jpg

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid.

SPDIF

Dude's wearing a red shirt with a backwards 'R' on it. I smell commie.

Sorry "comrade", but your video gets the thumbs down from me.

Literally. I hit the dislike button on Youtube for a laugh. lol

I guess you're not the only one.

Before the GAF thread:

5Are.png

After the GAF thread:

q1nK.png

At least they gained a subscriber.

And_Boy

Damn.One of the fastest Xboxes so far, comes with an HDMI cable, lighter and smoother controller, voice commands, camera that recognizes you, LocoCycle on Day One... an all around "absolute beast".
Where have you been all my life

That's a positive way to start a week :)

Sweet lookin' headset.

"As you can see, it's lighter."

No Mike, I can't fucking see.

"Thats just too cool and easy"

Beautiful

"and that headset does look super sweet"

That was a great demo.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I love how the dude says you can go to the marketplace to get the games instead of saying which ones will be available at Toys R' Us. I can't imagine they're too stoked on that, but I guess they just went with it.

Mesoian

The audio alongside the conversation between the both of them is very "late '90s".

That's Toys'R'Us's marketing department in a nutshell. They're closing stores all the time for a reason, and it ain't because kids aren't buying toys anymore.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wait I thought Kinect was built in this time. Or is that thing on top something else?

Building it into the unit would severely limit the possibilities for placement in a home entertainment center. That camera has to get a good view of everyone consuming so MS can get that tasty marketing data.

Gamerloid

I guess you're not the only one.

Before the GAF thread:

5Are.png

After the GAF thread:

q1nK.png

At least they gained a subscriber.

Geez, it didn't deserve that. It's a Toys R' Us commercial after all, which isn't supposed to appeal to the likes of us.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Awesome, Nice, Sweet, typical american bullshit talk.

16 year old kids console confirmed!

Busty

Banned
I made the age old mistake of browsing through the Youtube comments for that video and now my mind is in a stare of disarray.

Sonyggers go home.

Paid Sony shills from SonyGAF all over this. Pathetic.

And perhaps the most baffling of all...,

feminism does NOT have a role in gaming and anita is a con artist.

stunned_dog.jpg

Dude Abides

Banned
Building it into the unit would severely limit the possibilities for placement in a home entertainment center. That camera has to get a good view of everyone consuming so MS can get that tasty marketing data.

Got it. I haven't been following the Xbone news all that closely the past few months.

ironcreed

Banned
The unwashed masses will still buy this thing in droves and will love that it has a camera that recognizes them. They will be totally oblivious to the data mining purpose behind it and will not have a care in the world. They will just think it is a trendy and hip device.

"In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details," said Mehdi. "We've seen it in the research, we've seen it in a lot of the data points."

Microsoft is counting on it.

I made the age old mistake of browsing through the Youtube comments for that video and now my mind is in a stare of disarray.

And perhaps the most baffling of all...,

stunned_dog.jpg

Aw... I thought this was a laugh, but that first comment you quoted is genuinely vile :(

This just stopped being funny for me.

MormaPope

Banned
Geez, it didn't deserve that. It's a Toys R' Us commercial after all, which isn't supposed to appeal to the likes of us.

What does this mean? A shitty commercial is a shitty commercial, the uploader should disable voting or comments if they can't handle random internet goers. The video isn't owed positive reinforcement.

2real4tv

Has their been any info regarding cost of PSN plus or XBL for next gen consoles? Being so close to release I would like to know this info.

edit: wrong thread :D

Ugh, I didn't realize that they had a channel that popped out videos so similar to the training vids you have to be tested over each month as an employee there.

UNCMark

Banned
Has their been any info regarding cost of PSN plus or XBL for next gen consoles? Being so close to release I would like to know this info.

edit: wrong thread :D

Buy PSN+ from Sony now (before October 29th) and they'll give you 10 dollars in PSN credit.

Top Bottom