• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Preview Update August 2014 (1408)

Welfare

Guys, YouTube has a new interface and its much better than the one before

Fr88vXn.jpg

Looks great and all, but there is a very annoying "clicking" noise that happens when you move left to right. That isn't needed.

Tomash

Is there any way for Xbox One to output 1680*1050 resolution? Xbox 360 lets me choose that resolution, but I only have 720p and 1080p as options on Xbox One.

Is there any way for Xbox One to output 1680*1050 resolution? Xbox 360 lets me choose that resolution, but I only have 720p and 1080p as options on Xbox One.

xbox one doesn't have vga style resolution options so you will have to pick one and let your tv scale it, sucks I know.

Majine

Banned
The problem with the screenshot functionality is you want a quick access to ensure that you capture the right second, which can be difficult if you're doing it by voice or have to go through several menus.

One way to do it is: Since the system is always recording the game in the background, it could potentially be smart enough to go back in time, figure out when exactly when you wanted the screenshot and grab that split second from the video or something.

arhra

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/499906285857701888

Seems like we're going to wait a bit for screenshots. Can it be so hard to implement? :(

Speculative guess: waiting on a comprehensive overhaul of GameDVR targetted at making it more usable without Kinect.

I don't get the need for this. Just record it and you can screenshot as much as you want on your PC.
One way to do it is: Since the system is always recording the game in the background, it could potentially be smart enough to go back in time, figure out when exactly when you wanted the screenshot and grab that split second from the video or something.

I don't think anyone wants screenshots of heavily-compressed 720p video. That's fine for sharing quick gameplay moments, but for a screenshot function you want clarity, full resolution, and minimal compression.

R3TRODYCE

Anyone see this

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-system-update-september-preview

Today we’re rolling out several of the new social and entertainment features we shared earlier this week, in addition to a few unannounced features, to the members previewing new system updates. Your input on feedback.xbox.com plays a big role in shaping these updates, which will roll out to all Xbox One owners in the coming months.

Some of the new features rolling out to our preview members include:

zerosyohon

Neo Member
hate to ask, but anyone can point me the direction to help my roommate get invited to the preview program (he was nice enough to give me his code when he didnt have a xbox one) and now he has one.

jbug617

Banned
hate to ask, but anyone can point me the direction to help my roommate get invited to the preview program (he was nice enough to give me his code when he didnt have a xbox one) and now he has one.

Is he on your friends list? If he is go to the Preview Dashboard and at the bottom it should say invite friend.

5-albums14-picture1830.JPG

Broman1978

I´m in the preview program since February and still hasnt got the August Update and now I´m reading that some already got the September Updtae.....wtf?=(

I've got a problem with the new Youtube App:

When I go to a subscription and click on a playlist, It does not show me the videos in that playlist and allow me to choose, it just starts from the first video in the list. Every time. This makes sense in a way since they are called playlists but every other app takes you to a list of videos and you pick the one you want. People have designed their playlists for this and therefore the app is screwing this up.

Here's an example of how it sucks: I am subscribed to Cinemassacre and want to watch AVGN episode 70. I go to the Cinemassacre channel/section and click on the "AVGN Episodes 1-82" playlist. Formerly, and with other YT apps, I could then scroll to episode 70 and play it. However, with the new XB1 app, It starts from Episode 1 every time. I'd have to hit RB and wait for each episode to buffer before I could skip to the next one. Unacceptable.

m23

Got the friends tab last week but I can't get the media player app. I'm on 1408. Keep plugging in a USB drive hoping the media player prompt would pop up but nope :(

Apparently there are two sets of preview members. People with friends tab haven't gotten the September update. People who have the September update don't have the friends tab.

lostcauz

One of the surveys on the preview dash is about DVR/upload and if they could do one thing this year, what you like it to be. Loads of choices including...

-Unify recording, editing and viewing in one app
-increase the length of time for "record that" or let me choose a length
-After editing in studio, allow for background uploading
-more editing options

Heard a few complaints about the above so might want to check it out so we can get the better ones sooner.

So I received the update and got the media player downloaded. Works with a few movies I put on a flash drive except my .mkv ones aren't recognized.

I thought .mkv support was going in? Unless they just haven't put it in yet.. which is possible.

sangreal

So I received the update and got the media player downloaded. Works with a few movies I put on a flash drive except my .mkv ones aren't recognized.

I thought .mkv support was going in? Unless they just haven't put it in yet.. which is possible.

they said mkv will be later in the fall

Is it OK to ask for an invite into the preview program from someone here? My gamer tag is soxinthebox and none of my friends are currently in there. If it's not cool, then I must've missed that bit in the OP. Cheers folks.

Padinn

Is it OK to ask for an invite into the preview program from someone here? My gamer tag is soxinthebox and none of my friends are currently in there. If it's not cool, then I must've missed that bit in the OP. Cheers folks.

Invite sent, it can take up to 2 days or so.

I don't know where to ask this. I tried to watch NFL Network on my XB1 last night, something I had no problem doing last year, but when I try to sign in it tells me to pick my provider. So I select cox and go online and enter the code they gave me and it says congratulations you can now watch NFL Network on your device, but when I go back to the XB1 it still lists my status and says to select a provider. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I checked the xbox.com forums but didn't see anything.

Hawk269

I am getting the crackling audio issue with the latest update. It is pretty annoying. Tried the power cycling and still occurs. Hope there is hotfix real soon.

Top Bottom