• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Preview Update August 2014 (1408)

Majine

Banned
I love the pace at which they update the OS. A couple of features a month. Seems MS is the only one who takes software seriously among the big three.

Kajiba

Yeah you make a good point. The sync button is in an awkward position with finger placement to be used for screenshots. The button has to be easily accessible for those who want to quickly take screenshots. How about double tapping the view button to screenshot?

I don't find it akward at all in my opinion. My index finger can hit it with no problem.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
voted, this is a great idea.

thanks for tweeting/voteding it :D

awesome thanks :D

That's a good idea.

Watching twitch dota stream.

Okay guys i tweeted it, and little by little its growing, the more votes it has the faster Microsoft sees it :)
I hope they see it, it would help the people that don't have a kinect, record clips and maybe if they do add it take screenshots :D
link is here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...ake-the-sync-button-on-the-controller-do-this

The fact that the Xbone is getting 3D blu ray support before the PS4 makes Sony look really incompetent in updating the PS4 in my opinion.
Good on Microsoft for all the awesome updates.

Kerub

Banned
Yeah you're not getting 3D. Maybe next year, if they find a way to make it run on heavily infferior hardware. At this point, it's just not meant to run on 360/Xbone HW (which is pretty much the same).

Yeah you're not getting 3D. Maybe next year, if they find a way to make it run on heavily inferior hardware..

Why am I not surprised that you showed up here to rain on the parade?

At this point, it's just not meant to run on 360/Xbone HW (which is pretty much the same).

Yeah, no... there's quite a difference between 360 hardware which is PowerPC based, and Xbox One hardware which is x86 based. But continue to tell yourself whatever you need to hear.

zedge

Yeah you're not getting 3D. Maybe next year, if they find a way to make it run on heavily infferior hardware. At this point, it's just not meant to run on 360/Xbone HW (which is pretty much the same).

:lol

This type of blatant trolling is allowed is it?

daxter325

Banned
Thank You Based Phil. I wonder if Microsoft will start using the 3D feature as a selling point. Or say, have a partnership with a TV manufacturer and advertise the Xbox One as a companion device.

You cannot possibly be serious.

This is a joke post, right, guys?

Guys?

Unrelated but this is a big xbox thread. Can I put my cable box on top of the Xbox One? Isn't a giant one, maybe about half the size of the One.

Lebron

The fact that the Xbone is getting 3D blu ray support before the PS4 makes Sony look really incompetent in updating the PS4 in my opinion.
Good on Microsoft for all the awesome updates.
I don't know. MS always was beating them to the punch with similar things you'd expect them to be first in last gen, i.e. entertainment marketplace. Maybe this will spark them to pick it up with the updates. Oh well, everybody wins in the end.

Unrelated but this is a big xbox thread. Can I put my cable box on top of the Xbox One? Isn't a giant one, maybe about half the size of the One.

Not the best idea in the world, but as long as there's proper ventilation and you avoid blocking the vent on the right side, it should be okay. Still, I'd recommend against it.

Lebron

I had that setup when I was at my parents house for the holidays. Just as long as it's properly vented, should be fine. I wouldn't plan for that to be a long term thing if you can avoid it, though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, MS going in with these updates. Sony looking pathetic. =/

Which is the better BR player right now?

trinest

Also can I be invited to the preview?

I like this

DbSBBpY.jpg

Wish it was done with games first instead of friends, its hard to find stuff if you haven't got it pinned or its not on your home page.

link1201

What if his is the first console I sign into, since being invited? Or does it just set whichever console I have as my "Home" console to the "Preview Console"

You get an app and you are able to register and unregister from the preview from the app. It is not automatic. However, if a console has gotten a "preview update" you will not be able to get out of any additional updates within that wave even if you unregister your console .

MrOverSt

Neo Member
What if his is the first console I sign into, since being invited? Or does it just set whichever console I have as my "Home" console to the "Preview Console"

Doesn't matter. It flags a consoles serial number. If you have more than 1 xb1 you have to register both.

If you friend wants to be in the preview program just refer him.

Ghazi

Doesn't matter. It flags a consoles serial number. If you have more than 1 xb1 you have to register both.

If you friend wants to be in the preview program just refer him.
He doesn't. It's just, I'm kinda probably going to be signing into his One before I do on mine, to register it as the Preview. But, I understand how it works now, so I'll be good.
You get an app and you are able to register and unregister from the preview from the app. It is not automatic. However, if a console has gotten a "preview update" you will not be able to get out of any additional updates within that wave even if you unregister your console .
Great, thanks so much for all your help!

link1201

He doesn't. It's just, I'm kinda probably going to be signing into his One before I do on mine, to register it as the Preview. But, I understand how it works now, so I'll be good.

Great, thanks so much for all your help!

sure anytime.

Top Bottom