• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Preview Update August 2014 (1408)

the_champ

Banned
Remote downloading is awesome news!

There are many times where I'm on the edge of whether or not to purchase a game, in which case I'll wait for the review embargo to end. If the game turns out to be good, I'll be able to buy while at work and play first second when I get home.

Exactly my case.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
In all fairness though, 3D as a movement in media and entertainment is on life support.

I don't believe that's true. 8 of the top 10 highest grossing movies so far this year are in 3D. It's not getting pushed as much as a selling point but it's not going away any time soon. It's starting to become a standard feature and not a unique selling point these days.

Hate to beg but would like the 3d playback. If someone could shoot me an invite I can send them a destiny beta code when they are available.

Gt is misterthirsty

Thanks

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If they have remote turn on for downloading games, I hope that means you can turn Xbox on via smartglass too

mike4001_

If they have remote turn on for downloading games, I hope that means you can turn Xbox on via smartglass too

There is no remote turn on.

When in Instant-On your xbox searches for updates every couple of min. If you buy something via smartglass it sees this and downloads the item (just as it does for updates right now)

When you console is completely off (energy saving), there is no way to start it remotely as it is "completely off"

Decepticon

Neo Member
THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

ibybNTstrz06Ix.gif

I am gonna need a source on this hilarity of a GIF.

Also, i submitted the Low Battery notification one, glad it made it through :D

Jezehbell

I think "Xbox Screenshot" coming next month, they implanted the activity feed first so we'ill be able to share screenshots with all friends.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There is no remote turn on.

When in Instant-On your xbox searches for updates every couple of min. If you buy something via smartglass it sees this and downloads the item (just as it does for updates right now)

When you console is completely off (energy saving), there is no way to start it remotely as it is "completely off"

Is it out already? PS4 literally turns on for me the instant I checkout with a game and hit the download button (webstore). I don't know how or why (is it keeping a constant net connection in standby?) but it is pretty nice. That's why I thought they could do something similar with xb1 from smartglass.

Is it out already? PS4 literally turns on for me the instant I checkout with a game and hit the download button (webstore). I don't know how or why (is it keeping a constant net connection in standby?) but it is pretty nice. That's why I thought they could do something similar with xb1 from smartglass.

This happens when your PS4 is completely powered down? Or when it's on standby?

I power mine completely down and I never get auto downloads :(.

Vashetti

Banned
3d fuck yes!

Sony should be ashamed for abandoning those of us who actually fell for their 3d promotion last gen.

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the same.

I really went all in on 3D and loved buying some of my favourite movies on Blu-ray 3D, and playing certain games in 3D on the PS3.

I still buy 3D movies and it's very disappointing that Sony hasn't even mentioned 3D really in regards to the PS4.

The Trine 2 dev said that they're waiting on Sony to improve the 3D functionality so that they can update the game to support better res and framerate in 3D.

Caayn

thank you both! :)

edit: how is this supposed to work? shouldn't i receive a message?
It's now out of our hands and in the hands of Microsoft. If Microsoft accepts you as a beta tester you'll receive a message from them on Xbox Live with more details.

There's currently no way to "force" yourself in the beta. Maybe an apple pie sent to Major Nelson or Albert Penello will help.

Manp

It's now out of our hands and in the hands of Microsoft. If Microsoft accepts you as a beta tester you'll receive a message from them on Xbox Live with more details.

There's currently no way to "force" yourself in the beta. Maybe an apple pie sent to Major Nelson or Albert Penello will help.

thank you, now it's clear. i thought i'd get the invite immediately and having to wait for approval after reclaiming it.

i can wait... i'll save the food supplies for worse times.

:)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Should call them Xbox 360 parity updates. All that great work and they went back to square one. Good that they are updating fast though. Meanwhile at Sony...

Most of this list the PS4 already has, so what were you saying?

SeanFloyd

Neo Member
All I want to know is, what does a brother have to do (or whom do I have to blow) to get a chat pad for the controller?

I mean the Youtube search functionality is ATROCIOUS.... no voice-support really? With the alpha-and-omega media deity Xbox One? Such a joke.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Most of this list the PS4 already has, so what were you saying?

He's saying that Sony is being slow at releasing updates and at this rate MS will be far beyond them in features and indeed have already started adding things that the PS4 is missing such as 3D Blu-ray playback.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
This is a good idea. There needs to be a way to record clips without talking to your xbox

thanks :D yeah, because sometimes my family is asleep and i don't want to yell at my kinect and i wake them up lol. it would be good just having a button to press just to record or take a screenshot :)

thank you :)

Voted. That's a brilliant suggestion.

thanks.

That sync / share button is such a good idea think it needs to be shared wider.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2b50aj/the_sync_share_button_awesome_idea_on_xbox/

you rock, thank you :D right now i'm sharing it on other sites as well like facebook and twitter and 343I :D

Wow!!! all ready at 112 votes :D awesome job guys :)

Bgamer90

Banned
I think "Xbox Screenshot" coming next month, they implanted the activity feed first so we'ill be able to share screenshots with all friends.

Good point. Makes sense to put the new features for activity feed in first instead of introducing pictures only to have to change it again a month later due to the new activity feed.

Top Bottom