• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

AmyS

Whoa, I tried Xbox 360 compatible Daytona USA (the 1080p HD remaster of the Model 2 arcade game for those that don't know) and there is indeed NO more blurry line of texture pushed out in front (I didn't word that very well, I know) thanks to the forced 16x anisotropic filtering, just as others reported. Nice!

It wont be running at 4K.

Yea, i see CupHead on the One X Enhancement list, but no info on it. Funny cause this is probably the easiest game to put in 4K, i don't see why not. Good news is it's on the Enhancement list. Every game so far on that list has seen massive improvements.

This always makes me wonder how the X1 would have been a launch if Phil Spencer was in charge. Things would've been very, very different.

This always makes me wonder how the X1 would have been a launch if Phil Spencer was in charge. Things would've been very, very different.

Doubt things would have shakes out differently since he was still involved in the prior iteration. This launch is more of a company wide reset on how to approach things than the workings of what one man could have done.

//DEVIL//

I have a question for the noise OCD people like me that I would like to ask. when your Xbox one X is very close to you and you playing in a muted room ( TV is on mute, no AC or pc noise ) , do you hear the fan spinning changing every few seconds like its sort of wave up and down ? mind you its not very loud. but the fan speed in my system keep changing up and down continuously.

I noticed this while playing Gears of War in 4k.

the console it self is dead silent. its nothing compared to my ex ps4 pro.

Yep, Don Mattrick boned us all! It's a new era, very excited for the future of XBOX after what i have been experiencing!

Now, not to rip on Sony, but lets throw out some facts. Look at what your getting here that you are not getting with Sony...

-Not only do you get Backward Compatibility, but these games look MUCH better on One X! The system is designed to automatically Enhance everything and anything software wiz that touches it's Hardware! Pro does not do this.

-Your getting a 4K Ultra High Definition BluRay Player, which on it's own can range anywhere from $120-$300, why Sony has NOT incorporated this yet is beyond all of us!

-A much More Powerful Console, that developers are treating much more like a PC by giving US gamers options to play in either 1080p 60fps or 4K 30fps, and also inbetween rendering at around 1800p for some games still playing at 60fps.

-Now this one is a personal Preference of mine... but you are getting a Controller that was built around the evolution of gaming, not a controller built around a 1994 design trying to keep up with it. There is a reason why Nintendo went with the Xbox design for their PRO Controller over the PS4, it's obvious what works best, and Nintendo knows this aswel.

So there you go, You decide.

Poppyseed

I have a question for the noise OCD people like me that I would like to ask. when your Xbox one X is very close to you and you playing in a muted room ( TV is on mute, no AC or pc noise ) , do you hear the fan spinning changing every few seconds like its sort of wave up and down ? mind you its not very loud. but the fan speed in my system keep changing up and down continuously.

I noticed this while playing Gears of War in 4k.

the console it self is dead silent. its nothing compared to my ex ps4 pro.

Yep. Playing AC Origins the fan is all over the place constantly. Wish it didn’t sound this way. I find it quite a bit distracting. Why doesn’t the fan spin in a constant manner like the S/original XBone? The constant fluctuations are super lame. :(

Kai Ozu

Got one today, played Ninja Gaiden Black, holy SHIT it looks amazing on the X. Halo 5 and gears looks really great too. Can't wait to see some more games made for this system.

Got one today, played Ninja Gaiden Black, holy SHIT it looks amazing on the X. Halo 5 and gears looks really great too. Can't wait to see some more games made for this system.

Ugh, the Ninja series on OG Xbox was my Fav!!! I been looking at Ninja Gaiden Black, i beat 1 and 2, never played Black tho. Downloading tonight!

Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Freeman76

Whats the stock situation like in your area? I think MS are creating false demand here in the uK, its literally sold out nationwide, and I cannot believe the demand is that high to do that.

//DEVIL//

Yep. Playing AC Origins the fan is all over the place constantly. Wish it didn’t sound this way. I find it quite a bit distracting. Why doesn’t the fan spin in a constant manner like the S/original XBone? The constant fluctuations are super lame. :(
Agreed. I don't like it at all lol

Whats the stock situation like in your area? I think MS are creating false demand here in the uK, its literally sold out nationwide, and I cannot believe the demand is that high to do that.

Well, i have been to Best Buy and WalMart today here in Racine Wisconsin and both were sold out. lol Reason for laughing is it's only 2 places in this ENTIRE world, but it does add to your argument, which is the point. ;) So this knocks off atleast 2 out of the 28 Million stores that may have a One X InStock! Hehe ;)

Freeman76

Well, i have been to Best Buy and WalMart today here in Racine Wisconsin and both were sold out. lol Reason for laughing is it's only 2 places in this ENTIRE world, but it does add to your argument, which is the point. ;) So this knocks off atleast 2 out of the 28 Million stores that may have a One X InStock! Hehe ;)

I have also noticed there is just one place in the UK you can buy them from.....yep....the MS store.

KGoogle

Mine makes literally no noise when playing assassin's and I sit a foot from it

Makaveli.

Neo Member
Yea, i see CupHead on the One X Enhancement list, but no info on it. Funny cause this is probably the easiest game to put in 4K, i don't see why not. Good news is it's on the Enhancement list. Every game so far on that list has seen massive improvements.

They want the game to look old imo.

Tried to copy everything on my 4tb drive to a new 8tb drive and it stops copying correctly around the 50% mark, so downloading everything else manually. Prob something to do with changing external hd sizes...

Otherwise, very,very happy with mine so far.

I was hesitant about spending the $$ but no regrets at all.

Edit: my 4tb external was 96% full. Maybe that played a role too. ? I had both drives plugged into the X via usb.

Looks suprisingly good! Great textures, crisp clean game with nice effects. Fun too
wcockry.png

NMVk9Ah.png

BNomrPh.png

ciPYpzW.png

zma0NTq.png

SZNnhmy.png

ioFnys2.png

lHKBMyP.png

Eet7eaH.png

The Shift

Banned
Lesson learned when moving games to an external hdd - never select Cancel All when games are being updated in the queue. I lost over 350GB of games by doing that today when setting up a transfer from a one s to one x. They really should relabel that control to Delete All and maybe invoke a warning notification dialog with yes/no option to proceed. Now I have weeks of re-downloading games to look forward to.

Other than that the console is nice but stutters and lags in views/menus much more than my one s.

Water

They want the game to look old imo.
Yeah. Due to the style (soft hand-drawn 2D graphics with a film filter) there's already no pixelation at 1080p, so if they make it 4K but keep the look and filtering, it's going to be hard to tell a difference. Either that, or they add an optional "animator's desk" mode that has a sharper look to reveal more of the resolution and doesn't pretend to be film.

I wonder if any part of the game would benefit from HDR. Probably not unless there are some bits where the color depth would smooth a gradient, but that would be very hard to notice. On the plus side that would be a straight improvement, consistent with the original look since the artifact removed is digital.

KGoogle

A foot???? What are playing on, a 1978 19" CRT?!!! Lmao

JK man, seriously what size is your screen? A foot sounds awfully close!!! Hahaha

A foot from the xbox not the tv lol tv is 43" I have a corner table unit so the xbox is on a shelf close to my right knee

celsowmbr

Banned
Whoa, I tried Xbox 360 compatible Daytona USA (the 1080p HD remaster of the Model 2 arcade game for those that don't know) and there is indeed NO more blurry line of texture pushed out in front (I didn't word that very well, I know) thanks to the forced 16x anisotropic filtering, just as others reported. Nice!

Amazing! Could you test Virtua Fighter 5 FS too?

Unreal, I never considered that. The XBLA version of Daytona always looked like it only featured bilinear filtering on the track textures. I guess that the Xbox One X now has the definitive version of Daytona then?

Now that I think of it, the removal of bilinear filtering & improvement to anisotropic filtering in older titles really is a massive bonus. I can't wait to get mine. What a beast.

pieface

From watching the DF video on it a few weeks back, a resolution upgrade did very little on PC when compared to the Xbox version.

Top Bottom