• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Michie

Neo Member
I have two questions.

1: Is it possible to re download my digital games and only copy my save files? The data transfer is slow and I'm not even sure if it copies my save files.

2: I have a Samsung KS8000. I noticed on the X menu 1080p is set as default. Should I change it to 4K? There is also the option to choose between 8,10 or 12? Bit. Is it safe to choose 10bit?

Thanks in advance

Post more, they're beautiful.

Here you go! All 1080p supersampled. So beautiful on my oled. This system is silent as a whisper too. Loving it!
78oLyqt.png

1foeOZE.png

ozP1O2J.png

87MZ7iG.png

ZKrTJQa.png

K3ij63i.png

U84qMwB.png

h7QBbkP.png

zDnJrsQ.png

dH8X9rw.png

I have two questions.

1: Is it possible to re download my digital games and only copy my save files? The data transfer is slow and I'm not even sure if it copies my save files.

2: I have a Samsung KS8000. I noticed on the X menu 1080p is set as default. Should I change it to 4K? There is also the option to choose between 8,10 or 12? Bit. Is it safe to choose 10bit?

Thanks in advance
4K 10bit. If someone knows better please correct but that’s what I have mine set to.

Spasm

Wait, on the S I could record 10 min clips. On X only up to 30 seconds. Am I missing something? Why can't I record more than 30 seconds?

'Record That' maxes out at 30sec for 4K captures.

You can still record up to an hour at 4k HDR, you just need to manually start the recording and have a USB media drive connected. I'm using a 32GB USB3 thumb-drive.

How does the 4K HDR footage look like on your PC? When I watch the HDR captures on my 5K iMac the colors are very dull. I understand its HDR footage on a non-HDR computer but I think the difference is too big. When I watch it on my LG 4K HDR OLED it looks amazing of course. But for now I don't see the point of using these captures on my computer or YouTube with all these dull and flat colors.

They look like utter garbage on my PC too. I've been uploading them to YouTube, then checking my uploads on the YouTube app on my 4K HDR TV to see that they're still garbage (SDR). The tone-mapping is WAY off. Bright reds are coming out as orange on Mirror's Edge, for example.

Will0827

CAWgXMr.jpg

Been downloading games all day, only got to play the division so far, what ever is happening with scaling or up resing looks great, the load times are insane worth it for that alone. Also how does one access some dev type screen within the my games and apps, it was mentioned on the bombcast today and i remember seeing some kind of screen shot but cant find it. Also a cool vap pen charging device.

mohuerta

You can still record up to an hour at 4k HDR, you just need to manually start the recording and have a USB media drive connected. I'm using a 32GB USB3 thumb-drive.

They look like utter garbage on my PC too. I've been uploading them to YouTube, then checking my uploads on the YouTube app on my 4K HDR TV to see that they're still garbage (SDR). The tone-mapping is WAY off. Bright reds are coming out as orange on Mirror's Edge, for example.

So I need external storage to record longer?

entremet

CAWgXMr.jpg

Been downloading games all day, only got to play the division so far, what ever is happening with scaling or up resing looks great, the load times are insane worth it for that alone. Also how does one access some dev type screen within the my games and apps, it was mentioned on the bombcast today and i remember seeing some kind of screen shot but cant find it. Also a cool vap pen charging device.

The sticker makes my eye twitch lol.

SDMG

If you want to record 4K60fps on the X for more than 30sec you will need either a flash drive or an extra external hard drive. Make sure you formatted it to the NTFS file system from a PC. Once you do that connect it to your X and format it for media and make it the default drive for saving media. Go into your settings and select 4k recording go to your capture settings to select to flash/external drive you should be good after that. It will let you record 60mins or more of 4K60fps footage.

Will0827

The sticker makes my eye twitch lol.

I agree and i have to combat the now state of keeping things prestine as i got digned for my ps4 and xbox one og being worn when i went to trade them in for the pro last year. I will be dusting and making sure everything is as close as to brand new open box status forever.

Chitown B

I agree and i have to combat the now state of keeping things prestine as i got digned for my ps4 and xbox one og being worn when i went to trade them in for the pro last year. I will be dusting and making sure everything is as close as to brand new open box status forever.

leaving part of the packaging on isn't "pristine".

Im getting my XBOX ONE X delivered tomorrow from gamestop, for those who purchased from gamestop, any issues with your XBOX ONE X's..been reading online about some console issues, freezing, not starting up, crashing, etc I hope this doesnt happen with mine

Unity2012

I have two questions.

Thanks in advance

There's a way to check:

Go to settings> display > Advance video settings> 4k tv details

You will have a box on the right side displaying your tv 4k capabilities/support. It will tell you after tv resolution on the playing games section if it supports 10_bit or higher

Hope it helps

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm going to have to play through Final Fantasy XV again. God that thing was an absolute blurry mess on the XB1, but I just quickly loaded it up on the 1X and it's so pretty! I have to check out other games, but I feel like a kid in a candy store!

funcojoe

What I’ve noticed using the tcl 55p607.
Ass Creed - hdr looked way too dark and washed out, very unimpressed.
Disneyland adventures - hdr have everything an orange tint, dark, drab.
Cod ww2 - looked perfect, exactly what hdr is supposed to do.
That’s all I’ve tried so far.

xion4360

You have to make adjustments to the HDR and brightness for it to look right my friend.

Michie

Neo Member
There's a way to check:

Go to settings> display > Advance video settings> 4k tv details

You will have a box on the right side displaying your tv 4k capabilities/support. It will tell you after tv resolution on the playing games section if it supports 10_bit or higher

Hope it helps

Thanks, that helps a lot.

funcojoe

You have to make adjustments to the HDR and brightness for it to look right my friend.

O trust me there’s a whole discussion going on over at the avs forum about this, I’m in the belief it’s the tv. If anyone else is experiencing problems or dull images in hdr, list what television you have.

The problem with hdr is there is really no way to tweak it, at least with this set, u get a few options but hdr imo is more of a leap then 4k is, it just seems no one can do it right.

SDMG

Have you calibrated the TV?

katsais

So, after a few hours with my XOX, I am loving it so far. I really missed owning an Xbox for the last 3 years, but I couldnt bear owning the hot trash that was the OG XBO. UI is snappier, and more concise...and the games look amazing. Super happy, the Pro will still be my main, since all my buds have one.

The only complaint is that Microsoft....for whatever reason has not added USB audio? Seriously, WTF. I have no issues using my Steelseries 840s with my PS4 Pro wirelessly....yet for my $500, and the most powerful console ever made Xbox One X...I have to use a chat cable. Again....what the fuck. This annoyed the fuck out of me with my OG XBO...and still not fixed.

dcll

Banned
So, after a few hours with my XOX, I am loving it so far. I really missed owning an Xbox for the last 3 years, but I couldnt bear owning the hot trash that was the OG XBO. UI is snappier, and more concise...and the games look amazing. Super happy, the Pro will still be my main, since all my buds have one.

The only complaint is that Microsoft....for whatever reason has not added USB audio? Seriously, WTF. I have no issues using my Steelseries 840s with my PS4 Pro wirelessly....yet for my $500, and the most powerful console ever made Xbox One X...I have to use a chat cable. Again....what the fuck. This annoyed the fuck out of me with my OG XBO...and still not fixed.

I have a headset that uses a usb wireless adapter, is that what you are talking about? It is a PDP Afterglow AG9

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

My Stealth 420X+ work perfectly well using USB audio wirelessly or wired.

Unity2012

This has been a great console' launch for me. Every game enhanced or not looks and feels new, smooth, clear.

Playing Halo 3, I was very impressed. Halo 5 feels brand new again . I really hope that more people stay away from the negative wave around the X and listen to gamers enjoying the console. Everyone deserves to experience it.

Gearskin

Neo Member
bunch of lucky guys here playing on 1X mine had been on delayed from UPS since yesterday and zero update today... I called best buy I told them about it, and gave me $50 gift card.

Mattyp

Gold Member
First post, Mine has arrived and it's network transferring now cloning the original pretty much bar 360 games.

Does anyone know even with the same account can I have different dashboards for separate machines? Signing into my account obviously copies my original game pin setup. I want to turn my OG xbox into a 360 machine in the 2nd lounge room and just have Xbox One games on the X going forwards.

Thanks.

Gitaroo

Ok, my xbox one x wont load any games nor apps. It takes me to the store page when I try to load a game from my library, when I press play. It just keeps on reloading the same page.

DeeBatch

Ya I agree Tone mapping is off even when plugged in Tv Via USB. You can also plug HD into Pc and cast the file to TV HDR will show but once again Tone mapping is off. I also uploaded several clips to test and its SDR on YT . Assassins Creed was very washed out from my HDR upload.. Can't lie was looking forward to uploading HDR gameplay.. This needs to be addressed.

MaulerX

First post, Mine has arrived and it's network transferring now cloning the original pretty much bar 360 games.

Does anyone know even with the same account can I have different dashboards for separate machines? Signing into my account obviously copies my original game pin setup. I want to turn my OG xbox into a 360 machine in the 2nd lounge room and just have Xbox One games on the X going forwards.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the dash but you can definitely configure your game hubs independently by adding /deleting games from each individual console. Also you might want to have some 360 games on your X just for the gains. :)

DeeBatch

Put Dynamic contrast on low when in HDR mode.. Dynamic contrast works differently with HDR than SDR..

Bubba77

After an hour or so with the X my impressions: huge leap over the S at 4k/hdr. Makes the play anywhere titles look equal to my beefy PC at 1440p, but with the bonus of hdr.

Forza now looks up to par with my pc version which is great. And its still super quiet. Looking forward to starting assassins creed soon.

Memnoch

I'm going to have to play through Final Fantasy XV again. God that thing was an absolute blurry mess on the XB1, but I just quickly loaded it up on the 1X and it's so pretty! I have to check out other games, but I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Yes the X produces gorgeous visuals.

O trust me there’s a whole discussion going on over at the avs forum about this, I’m in the belief it’s the tv. If anyone else is experiencing problems or dull images in hdr, list what television you have.

The problem with hdr is there is really no way to tweak it, at least with this set, u get a few options but hdr imo is more of a leap then 4k is, it just seems no one can do it right.

I've been using a Samsung 40" KU6300 and HDR is bright and vivid when using the calibration settings from Rtings.com.

Jack John

After an hour or so with the X my impressions: huge leap over the S at 4k/hdr. Makes the play anywhere titles look equal to my beefy PC at 1440p, but with the bonus of hdr.

Forza now looks up to par with my pc version which is great. And its still super quiet. Looking forward to starting assassins creed soon.

This is kinda exactly how I feel coming from a high end PC with gsync. Nice to have 4k and HDR from the couch.

CrewShadow

Has anyone had to reinstall a game totally though an update? Doom and Ark are trying to make me download 50gbs each.

MrBenchmark

Both mine and my sons systems setup and running great so many games even without enhancements are better my son loves the souls games and dark souls 3 battle that had slow down are super smooth now.

Our only issue was his project Scorpio controller left bumper was smashed down non functional out of the box but my local Gamestop swapped it for a recon controller for the trouble.

Ok, my xbox one x wont load any games nor apps. It takes me to the store page when I try to load a game from my library, when I press play. It just keeps on reloading the same page.

Have you tried Resetting it by holding the power button down for 10 seconds on the console? This has fixed many issue on my One S at times when i thought it was broken.

Top Bottom