• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

For the people having this issue: are your consoles standing vertically or lying flat?

Flat

yye2zTx.jpg

UXCckiF.jpg

TK-421

My Xbox One X shutdown last night after 10 minutes of Halo 5. Had to unplug and replug it in to get it to turn on again. Hope this isn't a serious issue.

SRTtoZ

Both consoles were rushed to the market and weren't ready. The Pro and X are making for a lot of those mistakes. There should be no argument here.

You can say whatever you want about the X but the Pro wasn't rushed. It was perfectly placed with a competitive price along the Slim. The X should do well but its pricey and will probably be quite niche.

MrBenchmark

So anyone with a Scorpio Edition NOT having issues? I'm scared. Mine is sitting in my car waiting to go home.
2 zero issues I used mine from 11pm last night thru 2pm today doing tons of stuff including Destiny 2 all day like butter baby. And silent! My equipment has plenty of room to breath too.

Zenner

Does the X stream to Mixer or Twitch at the same bitrate as the original, or are there special HD settings? Wouldn't mind seeing a super-hi-res section for Mixer, though RIP the streamer's data cap if they have one.

DeeBatch

I played my X late into the night after Midnight launch @ MS store. I recorded some 4k HDR footage and did a test Upload to YT. When it was @ 320p still processing HDr was active. Now the video is 4k but no HDR anybody else? BTW Scorpio Edition and no issues.

mohuerta

Just walked into best buy an hour ago and picked one up, no preorder. Went to gamestop and store manager told me they have a promotion currently $200 for S trade in towards X. Caveat is they "only have enough for preorders", but he'll call me towards end of the day if there's any cancellations or extra units and I'm trading my S and my brother's too to get him an X.

Just hooked mine up and currently downloading system update... 30%

Didn't see it on the website either, I just asked about trade value for the S so I can trade it later in the day after I do the transfer to the X and the manager told me they currently have that promotion (trading S for $200 towards X) going. I live in south Texas btw.

Following up on my previous posts:
Local Gamestop manager just called me a few minutes ago, told me someone cancelled their preorder and I could get it. I asked him about the $200 S trade towards X deal and he confirmed is available for 1Tb XBS. Gonna go pick it up as soon as mine finishes transfer and do the factory reset on the S.

AmyS

Back home.

rTjMYUx.jpg

Took advantage of GS's buy 2 preowned games get 1 free.

Got:

Forza Motorosport 7
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Horizon 3
TitanFall 2
FFXV
Halo 5

Already have Skyrim, Gears 4 and Battlefield 1.

I also wanna see if X1X forces AF in Daytona USA.

I wish I could've also got AC Origins and Call of Duty WWII but I'm broke enough.

Spasm

I played my X late into the night after Midnight launch @ MS store. I recorded some 4k HDR footage and did a test Upload to YT. When it was @ 320p still processing HDr was active. Now the video is 4k but no HDR anybody else? BTW Scorpio Edition and no issues.
My captures play as HDR just fine from thumb drive on my smart TV, but when uploading to YouTube, YT complains that it's missing HDR metadata. From what I'm reading, YT has pretty narrow HDR support. Hope this can be addressed soon.

decaf

A couple of quick Qs if anyone can help:

- Is it possible to replace my X1X 1TB HDD with my X1S 2TB HDD?
- If so, do I need to perform any kind of system transfer, or am I good to go?

Cheers!

Unmoses

No issues here, hooked up and running since 1pm gmt-5. Downloaded some updates, played some Forza7.. Runs great, no noise so far, no shutdowns.

CrazyDutch

Neo Member
Does the X stream to Mixer or Twitch at the same bitrate as the original, or are there special HD settings? Wouldn't mind seeing a super-hi-res section for Mixer, though RIP the streamer's data cap if they have one.
2500kbps to Twitch and 1080p to Mixer.

Im still amazed, how did they were able to achieve that..not a freaking sound out of this little monstah..GOW4, Wolfie 2, AC:O it don't @$!%# matter runs flawless and not a sound. I told y'all, the Hurricane is here and the Panic is real.

Some supersampled 1080p shots off the X. Looks amazing on my 1080p oled. Less impressive on my 4k monitor since 1080p doesnt scale well on 4k sets. Overall really impressed. Assassins Creed, GOW, Forza, and Halo look incredilbe

dc5cMV6.png

juoJEi5.png

SFzBdfE.png

cXKPKAL.png

TyzM16u.png

n2lEOph.png

AxKKAeI.png

veEwanC.png

bxRx4LO.png

ji6wOCu.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Starting to get nervous regarding these issues. Hopefully mine is OK, haven't gotten a chance to play anything on it yet.

So I hooked up my One X to my 1440p monitor and it doesn't seem to have the option to go beyond 1080p.
Is there a setting im missing or is that the max resolution it will do and they just meant it would work with 1440p monitors?

Anyone else had a problem getting onto Destiny 2 with the X? It says it failed to download configuration files. Never had an issue with my other Xbox one. Also, not all the thumbnails are loading on the store.

OCD Guy

Well my experience has been great. Console won't power on at all so I'm left with having to do this:

Screenshot2017-11-07at21.38.03.jpg

No replacements, and while it's only a minor difference between Scorpio and normal, I'd feel a little bitter going for a normal one. Not the end of the world

It's inevitable that there are a percentage of faulty units with any hardware, but it sucks when it's your one lol

Michie

Neo Member
I'm wondering about the power of the Xbox One X,

how would it rank compared to the PS4, Switch and Xbox One (OG)?

I'm using this power level scales:

Power level 1: Switch/Xbox One
Power level 1,2: PS4
Power level 2: PS4 Pro
Power level 4: Xbox One X?

ps (I'm not a fanboy, just really curious)

Well my experience has been great. Console won't power on at all so I'm left with having to do this:

Screenshot2017-11-07at21.38.03.jpg

No replacements, and while it's only a minor difference between Scorpio and normal, I'd feel a little bitter going for a normal one. Not the end of the world

Did it just not power on out of the blue or did you have issues prior

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

It'd be power level 5 as Switch would be below XB1.

Close! Switch is the weakest. Hope I provided enough info and cleared your doubts, young fellow!

Linebeck

Banned
Some supersampled 1080p shots off the X. Looks amazing on my 1080p oled. Less impressive on my 4k monitor since 1080p doesnt scale well on 4k sets. Overall really impressed. Assassins Creed, GOW, Forza, and Halo look incredilbe

dc5cMV6.png

juoJEi5.png

SFzBdfE.png

cXKPKAL.png

TyzM16u.png

n2lEOph.png

AxKKAeI.png

veEwanC.png

bxRx4LO.png

ji6wOCu.png

Post more, they're beautiful.

Top Bottom