• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

watdaeff4

The supersampling and higher graphical settings and for some games higher framerate (well, more stable framerate) is well worth it! But it all depends on how many games you play. If you only buy 3 or 4 games a year, upgrading is not really a necessary thing. But if you play a bunch of stuff on console, I'd say the upgrade is definitely beneficial.

You could be correct but I heard the exact same things last year with the Pro and it didn't pan out as much as GAF hoped

Megatron

You could be correct but I heard the exact same things last year with the Pro and it didn't pan out as much as GAF hoped

The pro always seemed to exist almost exclusively for ps vr. It didn't feel well fleshed out, with features like boost mode getting announced months after the system released.

But yeah, I too am wary of it being much of an upgrade.

EvB

There is already a big list of games that are confirmed to support it already, Microsoft appears to have done the hard work for developers.

A game cannot be 4K and not be supersampled

Colbert

Banned

Every game with a frame buffer beyond 1080p gets supersampling if connected to a 1080p TV. It is a system wide capability and devs don't have to do anything to enable it.

NeOak

If Major Nelson is hinting they may be trying to do something special I hope its that the Day One Xbox One X comes branded with a scorpio on it...

xbox-scorpio-2-1024x536-1000x536.jpg

That is the ugliest POS sticker ever.

KevinG

If they include a game, or some incentive of a value at $60 or more, I'm in.

For $499, just for the console, I can't swing it.

Not happening

Really?

I don't put much store in the comments about doing something special for pre-order but I figures they pointed to a download code for a game in the box.

Crackdown is on Amazon in the UK at £41.99 at the moment which is cheaper than usual. I thought they might package that.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Definitely hoping they include a game with the 500 price. Should be forza 7 or maybe crackdown 3

I think, if I were to hedge a bet about a free game download code they may include, it would be an existing title receiving a patch. Also, likely an MS title, like Halo 5.

I think, if I were to hedge a bet about a free game download code they may include, it would be an existing title receiving a patch. Also, likely an MS title, like Halo 5.

I can't see that getting any traction. I would be so disappointed. As an elite console they can't package an ancient game as most of their audience would have it.

If you could pick and choose 2/3 old games getting a patch that would be valuable to me but otherwise no.

Darklor01

I can't see that getting any traction. I would be so disappointed. As an elite console they can't package an ancient game as most of their audience would have it.

If you could pick and choose 2/3 old games getting a patch that would be valuable to me but otherwise no.

OK, but, the concept was the same. Whether it's 2/3 old games with a patch, in general, the idea is that it's not a new title like a Forza 7 or a Crackdown 3.

gamz

They honestly don't have to package anything. You aren't buying the console for a game.

Darklor01

They honestly don't have to package anything. You aren't buying the console for a game.

True, but they're touting a surprise. This seems a cost efficient surprise if it is not something like a digital day one badge, or something. They don't owe the community anything if that's what you're going for.

gamz

True, but they're touting a surprise. This seems a cost efficient surprise if it is not something like a digital day one badge, or something. They don't owe the community anything if that's what you're going for.

I'm sure the surprise isn't a new game like Forza 7. Might be the first whatever orders gets 6 months of game pass for free.

I'm sure the surprise isn't a new game like Forza 7. Might be the first whatever orders gets 6 months of game pass for free.

Nah. Quantity limited pre-order bonuses for launch are usually retailer specific due to the quantity of the promo they have. MS wont bother with that.

Given the feedback on the price point I expect them to want to sweeten the deal a little.

XBO came with Fifa or Forza at launch. You might say that was because they were in competition with the PS4 at the time but I think it's expected.

There's a great feeling that buying a console without a packaged game fails in the expectation stakes now. It might not be "little johnny" who opens his new console without a game inside but it still might be someone moving from the PS eco-system without a game to play when they get it home.

gamz

Nah. Quantity limited pre-order bonuses for launch are usually retailer specific due to the quantity of the promo they have. MS wont bother with that.

Given the feedback on the price point I expect them to want to sweeten the deal a little.

XBO came with Fifa or Forza at launch. You might say that was because they were in competition with the PS4 at the time but I think it's expected.

There's a great feeling that buying a console without a packaged game fails in the expectation stakes now. It might not be "little johnny" who opens his new console without a game inside but it still might be someone moving from the PS eco-system without a game to play when they get it home.

Plunk down 10 bucks and you have over 100 games with game pass.

m23

No games will be packed in, if anything, a trial version of game pass will be included. If a game was to be included they would have announced it at e3.

GAZhims3lv

Neo Member
No games will be packed in, if anything, a trial version of game pass will be included. If a game was to be included they would have announced it at e3.

Why would you announce something like a bundle if you can't even pre-order is, they still have Gamescom left.

Plunk down 10 bucks and you have over 100 games with game pass.

Yeah. I see that attraction generally but I already have Game Pass for the kids. I have loads of old games. I have tons of controllers. I have an XBO and XBOS. What I do not have is Crackdown and I will not have it before the XBOX is released.

I still think that the value proposition for everyone (old and new to the MS experience) is an unreleased game.

Now, if they put Crackdown on Game Pass for a month and gave me a month to tack on to my existing subscription then I would take that.

F34R

I wanna pre-order it when available, but I'm come to grip with my terms. I'm not paying $500 for a 1TB system. /shrugs

I'm pretty sure it was up after E3.

The S came out much earlier than Nov though.

Yeah I believe the S was available pretty soon after E3.

I think they went up straight away more or less. I'm happy to be wrong but this delay is unusual for MS.

I want the sweet pre-order deals!

Hopefully not a sign of bad news, probably not but it's always nice to have certainty. Not gonna worry though. As long as that tier crap doesn't happen I'm OK.

Darklor01

Gameseek Xbox One X pre-orders are live in the UK - £449.75

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/1388624/xbox+one+x+1tb+console+

Christocolus posted this earlier on this page. Same retailer. I hope more follow soon, and then I hope the U.S. gets to start pre-ordering. Not sure if the approval process for this product should need to pass both the FCC (U.S.) or FCC approved licensing company approval in addition to the approval process for other countries before pre-orders should be allowed to happen or the two handled separately.

Either way, I'd like to see more than one retailer start allowing pre-order before I think it's not just a retailer breaking some rules, or allowed because they're not in the U.S. and maybe approval for that country has been passed.

Colbert

Banned
Gameseek Xbox One X pre-orders are live in the UK - £449.75

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/1388624/xbox+one+x+1tb+console+

Surely not a official pre-order. I foresee some emails telling people: "We are sorry but we can't fulfill your pre-order as we got less Xbox One Xs than we assumed and apologize for any inconveniences". Same happened to me when I pre-ordered the Elite Controller back in the days.

Pre-order starts when MS tells the world and this time I will go with MS directly or Amazon.

Day One edition of the OG Xbox One had FIFA 14 inlcuded here. So its possible.

Yeah, I can see them including a game in the box for different regions for sure. U.S. seems like a lock for having the console + 14-day live trial + 1-month Game Pass for $499. I really don't see them adding anything to that, at least not in the box.

At most we might get a promotion where various retailers give a free game or controller with any Xbox console purchase.

Yeah, I can see them including a game in the box for different regions for sure. U.S. seems like a lock for having the console + 14-day live trial + 1-month Game Pass for $499. I really don't see them adding anything to that, at least not in the box.

At most we might get a promotion where various retailers give a free game or controller with any Xbox console purchase.

A month of EA Access wouldn't be bonkers, especially if Battlefront 1 / Battlefield One / Titanfall 2 get One X patches.

A month of EA Access wouldn't be bonkers, especially if Battlefront 1 / Battlefield One / Titanfall 2 get One X patches.

IIRC, Microsoft only bundles EA Access when there's also an EA game in the bundle. So this is possible if we were to see Madden or FIFA bundles. Battlefront 2 would not be a possibility as Sony has the marketing rights.

MilkyJoe

Surely not a official pre-order. I foresee some emails telling people: "We are sorry but we can't fulfill your pre-order as we got less Xbox One Xs than we assumed and apologize for any inconveniences". Same happened to me when I pre-ordered the Elite Controller back in the days.

Pre-order starts when MS tells the world and this time I will go with MS directly or Amazon.

That's what I'm assuming,

If they include a game, or some incentive of a value at $60 or more, I'm in.

For $499, just for the console, I can't swing it.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday is the same month. I'm sure there will be some retailers including a game or controller with the purchase.

Top Bottom