• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hopefully people are not too much disappointed about the bump but there is news from the FCC front:

Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/possible-xbox-one-x-wireless-module-passes-through-fcc

If this turns out to be true, wouldn't that be the only part the FCC needed to provide approval for? I hadn't read anything else they would be approving for the system, so if that turns out the be the case, unless similar communications approval in other countries are holding it up, then it would be up to Microsoft to choose when to give retailers the green light for pre-orders. They also might hold up pre-orders if they are putting in place some promotions for those that would pre-order.

I think Mike Ybarra will be handling all the Xbox news and announcements at Gamescom. He posted this not too long ago.
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/889527696039923713

also MS just announced the Fifa18 Xbox one bundle does this mean Xbox One X could get one too? Mike is also pushing PUBG hard.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-s-madden-nfl-18-bundle/93B2742SZRPZ?tduid=$aecf90479f39125ea412467245990362$$259740$$2542549$$UUwpUdUnU49666$$$&wa=wsignin1.0
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/889544117444788224

Darklor01

I think Mike Ybarra will be doing the announcements at Gamescom. He posted these recently
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/889527696039923713

also MS just announced the Fifa18 Xbox one bundle does this mean Xbox One X could get one too? Mike is also pushing PUBG hard.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-s-madden-nfl-18-bundle/93B2742SZRPZ?tduid=$aecf90479f39125ea412467245990362$$259740$$2542549$$UUwpUdUnU49666$$$&wa=wsignin1.0
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/889544117444788224

Personally speaking, I don't think that they will hold off until Gamescom. I also don't think that there will be bundles initially unless the game included is free. As for Mike, I personally don't think that him tweeting this means that preorder will be held off for another month. I think he's just tweeting he has a reason to be there.

Darklor01

nice, gamescom is what mid august? And I believe they also announced a madden bundle for the one S as well. For 279

August 22 - 26.

Didn't Phil say that all they were waiting for was the FCC thing to clear up and then preorder would be able to begin as if to hint soon after? The tweet from him saying that everything required to being is all in order except the go to begin pre-order? For me, if he's good to his work, they won't wait roughly a month to begin preorder. There is no reason to hold off if you ask me. Those interested will order now, and that will help them to properly gauge stock needs and interest. Adding bundle announcements means more SKUs and would kind of mess up pricing and production allocations.

If they will do bundles, then they should hold off until Gamescom, if not, just get it going as soon as possible and announce other things at Gamescom.

Lucifon

August 22 - 26.

Didn't Phil say that all they were waiting for was the FCC thing to clear up and then preorder would be able to begin as if to hint soon after? The tweet from him saying that everything required to being is all in order except the go to begin pre-order? For me, if he's good to his work, they won't wait roughly a month to begin preorder. There is no reason to hold off if you ask me. Those interested will order now, and that will help them to properly gauge stock needs and interest. Adding bundle announcements means more SKUs and would kind of mess up pricing and production allocations.

If they will do bundles, then they should hold off until Gamescom, if not, just get it going as soon as possible and announce other things at Gamescom.

Crackdown bundle please! Would insta-preorder.

Right now, MS should be paying whatever it takes to get PUBG Xbox Exclusive for a year, and bundling it with the XBOX. I don't want to imagine what it would cost, but it would be worth it for them.

(I am not saying that I agree with exclusives. Or even care. But that's a savvy move to sell consoles.)

cucuchu

I've been thinking for a while that they would probably announce "Preorders live tomorrow" after the Gamescom brief but after Phil's comment, I'm beginning to suspect we might get preorders by the end of the week. His wording does not seem to match a month-long wait.

The bundle specuation is interesting though and I believe if production of the XBOX is somewhat restricted, they would just launch the console standalone with no pack-ins because selling out of their limited inventory would happen regardless...Why throw in a pack-in or free download of a game if you don't need to? So if we are to believe they are going to be pushing out bundles then they likely want to add that extra incentive to push people into throwing a fairly substantial (to most) amount of money at a mid-gen refresh, and there-in they would have made the assesment that they have produced enough stock to sell to those that would of purchased the console without extra incentive and will be jumping to preorder this the second it becomes available like myself.

I've been thinking for a while that they would probably announce "Preorders live tomorrow" after the Gamescom brief but after Phil's comment, I'm beginning to suspect we might get preorders by the end of the week. His wording does not seem to match a month-long wait.

The bundle specuation is interesting though and I believe if production of the XBOX is somewhat restricted, they would just launch the console standalone with no pack-ins because selling out of their limited inventory would happen regardless...Why throw in a pack-in or free download of a game if you don't need to? So if we are to believe they are going to be pushing out bundles then they likely want to add that extra incentive to push people into throwing a fairly substantial (to most) amount of money at a mid-gen refresh, and there-in they would have made the assesment that they have produced enough stock to sell to those that would of purchased the console without extra incentive and will be jumping to preorder this the second it becomes available like myself.

I think it's a value proposition. A free game ($40 retail) is better for MS than knocking $40 off the purchase price.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Crackdown as a bundle.

AmuroChan

I would be shocked if MS includes a pack in game for free. I think it's more likely you get a Crackdown 3 bundle for $549 and you save $10.

Tntnico

A Xbox One X PUBG bundle would be soo huge !
At this point I just hope the game releases soon.

And for preorders, it's not a huge matter here in France.

I think there will be a 3rd party game bundle for $499 and a limited edition Scorpio for more. Either Forza or Crackdown custom design.

Packing in a digital license probably costs about $30 each not $60. Maybe not even that if bulk bought by the million.

Isurus

I would be shocked if MS includes a pack in game for free. I think it's more likely you get a Crackdown 3 bundle for $549 and you save $10.

This. I'll be surprised if there are any bundles at all and, if there are, I don't expect much discounting off the standalone prices. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment, folks.

Darklor01

News to tell is very open ended. Let's say he announces a pack in game instead of a bundle choice. Then, preorders could begin soon and the "news" can come later.

Let's not convince ourselves of anything at the moment.

Raide

I think there will be a 3rd party game bundle for $499 and a limited edition Scorpio for more. Either Forza or Crackdown custom design.

Packing in a digital license probably costs about $30 each not $60. Maybe not even that if bulk bought by the million.

Probably a 3 month Game Pass put in there too. Would be a great addition for new Xbox Gamers.

Also....when can I pre-order dammit!

itf56

Don't know about free but there were definitely official XB1 bundles at launch in the UK - Fifa and Forza at least.

Darklor01

The Xbox One launch, free FIFA in Europe.

I expect bundles but dont know if we'll get free games.

One or three months of Games Pass should be a stick on though.

Honestly, I don't expect bundles. A pack-in game is one thing. I think a bundle would be a mistake. The price point is high enough at $499.99 without adding in things to bring the prices higher. It also creates the need for additional packaging types, SKUs, marketing, etc. Bundles are something which generally come post launch, not at launch. If there are to be bundles, they will likely come from Gamestop or other retailers creating them.

killroy87

I'm getting one of these either way, but I hope MS saw the somewhat tepid reaction and implemented an attractive pre-order/upgrade promo.

Lucifon

I agree, not sure where the expectations of a game being included came from.
Xbox One and One S both included free pack in games in the UK at launch. I sure hope they do with the X. I expect Forza but hope there's a Crackdown one also.

Thebonehead

Banned
To be fair, I'm not expecting anything bundled in, but i think there stands to be something to give a better value proposition against the pro.

Especially if they sneak in a price drop leading up to the 1x launch.

MilkyJoe

To be fair, I'm not expecting anything bundled in, but i think there stands to be something to give a better value proposition against the pro.

Especially if they sneak in a price drop leading up to the 1x launch.

On paper it's a better proposition than the Pro as it is. I doubt they will bundle anything new, but they might do a few freebies for Xbox One X Enhanced games, Doom, Forza Horizon 3, GoW4, to entice some new customers with some cheap 4K showstoppers.

On paper it's a better proposition than the Pro as it is. I doubt they will bundle anything new, but they might do a few freebies for Xbox One X Enhanced games, Doom, Forza Horizon 3, GoW4, to entice some new customers with some cheap 4K showstoppers.

The very definition of subjective. For me for example the OneX has little value especially next to the pro because of the lackluster library exclusive-wise and the not-huge power difference.
Sonys first-party is far better than microsofts and multiplats will run well enough on the pro compared to the OneX.
Other factors such as gaming hardware already owned also come into play (ps4 pro and a recently purchased gtx 1070 for my pc).
Honestly if I didnt already have a pro I would probably still pick it over the OneX for the library and the controller.
For others the OneX may very well be the best option.

Top Bottom