• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

MilkyJoe

The very definition of subjective. For me for example the OneX has little value because of the lackluster library exclusive-wise and other factors such as gaming hardware already owned. (ps4 pro and a recently purchased gtx 1070 for my pc.
For others the OneX may very well be the best option.

There is nothing subjective about value for money.

It's lackluster library, might i add, also includes 95% of the same library available on PlayStation.

MilkyJoe

That might literally be one of the most subjective topics imaginable lol.

Yeah that does read a bit wrong there.

Put it this way

Burger restaurant a) gives you 2 patties and 8 toppings and regular fries for $3.99

Restaurant B) gives you 3 patties, 12 toppings and xlarge fries for $ 4.99

On paper it's a no brainer, just scale it up

There is nothing subjective about value for money.

It's lackluster library, might i add, also includes 95% of the same library available on PlayStation.

And the games that are available on ps4 and not xbox one are important enough factors to me and many others to choose the ps4.
Is there something else about this you're still not clear on yet ?

If you still need help read the bolded from my original post below:

The very definition of subjective. For me for example the OneX has little value especially next to the pro because of the lackluster library exclusive-wise and the not-huge power difference.

I hope for a Forza or Crackdown bundle. I have a ton of games already so it's not critical but it would be nice.

Madden bundle would be aces too.

And the games that are available on ps4 and not xbox one are important enough factors to me and many others to choose the ps4.

Why are you in an XBOX One X pre-order thread? It's clear you don't have any interest and are just here to defend Playstation's honor.

killroy87

Put it this way

Burger restaurant a) gives you 2 patties and 8 toppings and regular fries for $3.99

If burger a will make you full, spending the extra dollar is poor value.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Put it this way

I believe I understand what you're going for, but that doesn't change how subjective it is. The value proposition includes cost to customer, hardware, software library in it's entirety, services, .etc.

Some may feel that the XBOX One eco-system, service offerings, and library justify the value as a no-brainer.

Some with a PC and access to all of XBOX One's exclusives on their PC might argue that the no-brainer is just not to purchase at all.

Other may feel, though less powerful and without the 4K Bluray player, that the PS4 Pro's Exclusive titles and services value is a better overall value. I won't really get into it more than that, it's really going to continually derail the thread away from what this thread is about.

Currently, there is no additional news about preorder availabilty, pack-ins, bundles, additional rumors or anything else. It is not available for preorder, and everything else is speculation.

Isurus

The thread continues to bait me. Came in hoping to find more info on preorders and, instead, see a discussion on the subjectivity of the value of money. #NEOGaf

I just want the preorders to become available already!

Welfare

Crackdown 3 would probably be the game to most benefit from a bundle, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's Forza 7 outside of the US, or maybe Crackdown 3 is a bonus for preording on top of another game that will be bundled at launch.

People still saying there isn't a big power difference? There kinda very much is. The question is just how easy will it be to spot that difference in games? And while more and better exclusive titles are important, let's not pretend as if they're the only kind of games that will make a console like Xbox One X worth it for gamers.

There are some absolutely huge third party releases coming, such as Red Dead Redemption 2, and plenty more great games that will more than satisfy the large majority of gamers. On the exclusives front Microsoft has time to demonstrate what they have in store. I'd like to know as soon as possible, and would have liked to have known at E3, but even if they did announce something totally exciting looking and new, chances are slim it would've released this year anyway.

I hope for a Forza or Crackdown bundle. I have a ton of games already so it's not critical but it would be nice.

Madden bundle would be aces too.

Why are you in an XBOX One X pre-order thread? It's clear you don't have any interest and ate just here to defend Playstation's honor.

Check my post history and you will see that is anything but the case. I have owned not one but two xbox ones this gen and an xbox 360 and og xbox before that.
The fact you're so offended just shows that you're approaching my post with a fanboy attitude.
I do have interest in the xbox oneX, just not enough to decide to get one yet. May change, may not.
And stop playing thread cop. Someone tried to state that one system was a flat-out better value than another when its simply not true for everyone.
You dont like my response, ignore it.

Darklor01

Here's what I just don't understand. This thread was intended to be about the preorder for the console. Even though there are some notes about the system's capabilities as noted by MS Marketing, there is nothing about it to me which reads anything except, this thread is for preorder related information. I don't how it should be derailed into yet another why or why not pre-order, which system is more powerful or better value debate.

Check my post history and you will see that is anything but the case. I have owned not one but two xbox ones this gen and an xbox 360 and og xbox before that.
The fact you're so offended just shows that you're approaching my post with a fanboy attitude.
And stop playing thread cop. Someone tried to state that one system was a flat-out better value than another when its simply not true for everyone.
You dont like my response, ignore it.

Ok.gif

I don't need to see your "history". I'm not a "thread cop" but it wouldn't hurt to keep things on topic. Either way, it's all good.

MilkyJoe

Check this

The current PS4 exclusives do nothing for me either. Funny this is the one thing PS fans cannot comprehend.

People still saying there isn't a big power difference? There kinda very much is. The question is just how easy will it be to spot that difference in games? And while more and better exclusive titles are important, let's not pretend as if they're the only kind of games that will make a console like Xbox One X worth it for gamers.

There are some absolutely huge third party releases coming, such as Red Dead Redemption 2, and plenty more great games that will more than satisfy the large majority of gamers. On the exclusives front Microsoft has time to demonstrate what they have in store. I'd like to know as soon as possible, and would have liked to have known at E3, but even if they did announce something totally exciting looking and new, chances are slim it would've released this year anyway.

Not from the pro, not from whats been seen so far.
Seeing is believing. Differences will be the difference between medium and high/ultra settings on pc due the oneX's additional ram.
On that note a lot of games this year have ps4 exclusive marketing and that will prevent the oneX versions of these games from being seen anywhere but digital foundry and the like even if there is more than a minor difference from the pro versions.
Remember the lack of advertising the ps4 pro version of battlefield 1 had last fall despite being clearly and significantly better than any other console version ?
That lack of coverage was becase of the exclusive marketing agreement with microsoft.
Same will hurt the oneX this fall.

MilkyJoe

Seeing is believing. Differences will be the difference between medium and high/ultra settings on pc due the oneX's additional ram.
On that note a lot of games this year have ps4 exclusive marketing and that will prevent the oneX versions of these games from being seen anywhere but digital foundry and the like even if there is more than a minor difference from the pro versions.
Remember the lack of advertising the ps4 pro version of battlefield 1 had last fall despite being clearly and significantly better than any other console version ?
That lack of coverage was becase of the exclusive marketing agreement with microsoft.

You think?

s3-news-tmp-77017-battlefront-ad_0--default--620.jpg

Exclusive marketing for multiplats really relies on customers being blind and stupid.

Truth is there should be a pretty decent gap in quality for the One X. Since we're educated customers we know and will be checking DF comparisons. As far as showing that to average joe consumers, that's up to MS marketing and media coverage.

Check this

The current PS4 exclusives do nothing for me either. Funny this is the one thing PS fans cannot comprehend.

You take this far too personally man.
Check this:
Please point me to where I posted anyones opinion but my own or to where I said you werent allowed to be happy with the xbox one family's library ?
If you cant find it, than put your sword and shield down and grow up - I suggest working on learning what opinions are and how others may have diferent ones than you.

You think?
Exclusive marketing for multiplats really relies on customers being blind and stupid.

Should have clarified I was referring to video advertisements (youtube/tv commercials).
I mean microsoft can make commercials advertising "xbox oneX - most powerful console ever!!!" but without footage to prove it to the non-neogaf and non-digital foundry crowd how much difference will it make ?

gamz

Should have clarified I was referring to video advertisements (youtube/tv commercials).
I mean microsoft can make commercials advertising "xbox oneX - most powerful console ever!!!" but without footage to prove it to the non-neogaf and non-digital foundry crowd how much difference will it make ?

How do companies prove their phones or laptops are the most powerful ever.

How do companies prove their phones or laptops are the most powerful ever.

Oh no doubt there are other ways to advertise.
But cmon gamz there are phone (google/samsung/apple) and laptop commercials all over the tv. Especially during the fall in the us. And sometimes they do mention power.
Those commercials have a big effect.

xkramz

I could care less for Sony exclusives I have both systems and I have not bought a sony exclusive since bloodbourne. Not everyone has your views. This is a Xbox pre-order thread. And you shouldn't be here bringing up ps4 and why its so holy good and better over Xbox. You know why I pick Xbox? Because all my friends are on xbox live whole psn is a ghost town for me.

Not sure what you guys expected. Even after this thing launches and every multiplatform game performs and looks better on the One X, the Sony only guys will feel the need to justify them not buying it.

Performance only mattered when the PS4 was superior.

Anyway, I don't see it being difficult to get pre-orders. Unless Microsoft makes a very small amount of consoles. I don't see that happening.

Colbert

Banned
I have to ask why people bring up Playstation in a Xbox One X pre-order thread
and start to derail another Xbox thread again
?

?

I'm really not sure, but we can help by ignoring it an putting things back on-topic!

I was really excited to see Phil confirm that the approvals are done at this point. I'm curious to see how they'll announce pre-orders and what their plans will be. Surely if they were just going to put up basic SKU's they wouldn't feel the need to make an event out of it right?

Talked to my guys at gamestop again this afternoon. Still no word. I made sure to ask if they just couldn't tell me and his was response was "Rayman, you know if we knew we would at least tell you that" so it seems like MS is still keeping GS in the dark too.

MilkyJoe

We live in the age of information now, non neogaf crowd are still well in the know with what's available on what.

Darklor01

Talked to my guys at gamestop again this afternoon. Still no word. I made sure to ask if they just couldn't tell me and his was response was "Rayman, you know if we knew we would at least tell you that" so it seems like MS is still keeping GS in the dark too.

My guess on that would be that GS and all other outlets want your preorder as soon as possible as well. That way they can get your preorders or orders for other related items as well and have a marker that it's likely you'll do business with them. It's likely as soon as MS gives them the green light, the pre-order button will become available.

Dabanton

Might do my pre order in person at the MS store. Went back to my local MS store yesterday to look at the retail machine for Xbox One X and man I still can't believe how small it is.

Darklor01

Might do my pre order in person at the MS store. Went back to my local MS store yesterday to look at the retail machine for Xbox One X and man I still can't believe how small it is.

The local store near me in NJ didn't have one oddly enough. Kinda thought they would.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Will there ever be a thread on GAF about Xbox that doesn't have someone coming in and exclaiming how much better Sony are?

Uhm, the discussion on this page started with MilkyJoe talking about how much better the value proposition of the XBX is compared to the Pro, quoting a post that did nothing like 'exclaiming how much better Sony are'.

There seems to be an equal need to draw these comparisons from both sides of the fence.

Lothars

On paper it's a better proposition than the Pro as it is. I doubt they will bundle anything new, but they might do a few freebies for Xbox One X Enhanced games, Doom, Forza Horizon 3, GoW4, to entice some new customers with some cheap 4K showstoppers.
Not really though, For what they are asking and the supposed differences. There's not really a compelling reason so far. Microsoft has to show the value of the Xbox One X and show the games are that much better on it.

Will there ever be a thread on GAF about Xbox that doesn't have someone coming in and exclaiming how much better Sony are?
If someone brings up the comparison like MilkyJoe did than there's nothing wrong with tackling it. Microsoft needs to prove the worth of the system for the price they are asking especially when the competitors are cheaper and offer a comparable experience.

MilkyJoe

Not really though, For what they are asking and the supposed differences. There's not really a compelling reason so far. Microsoft has to show the value of the Xbox One X and show the games are that much better on it.

If someone brings up the comparison like MilkyJoe did than there's nothing wrong with tackling it. Microsoft needs to prove the worth of the system for the price they are asking especially when the competitors are cheaper and offer a comparable experience.

I guess this is correct, however, from this side of the Internet we know what it is, it's power advantage, it's uhd drive and it's soon to be BC to inception, with certain licencing restrictions of course, we know it's a great box at a reasonable price.

The wider audience need to see what it can do. Crackdown not so much, but Forza 7 is a good poster game. They have their work cut out, it'll be interesting to see where this ride goes come November.

Colbert

Banned

We are on a thread that says "preorder" and not "do you preorder and why?".

Which means:
a) people already made their decision to preorder or on the fence
b) people here want to share info when it starts, where to pre-order and quantities left if retailers are out of stock
c) people speculate about special pre-order bundles, give-aways or trade-in deals or give info about such deals

I could care less for Sony exclusives I have both systems and I have not bought a sony exclusive since bloodbourne. Not everyone has your views. This is a Xbox pre-order thread. And you shouldn't be here bringing up ps4 and why its so holy good and better over Xbox. You know why I pick Xbox? Because all my friends are on xbox live whole psn is a ghost town for me.

?

No.

At this point I'm completely numb to it.

Every Microsoft thread without fail
image80f83.png

All you guys complaining about the ps4 pro being brought up in this thread see the below two posts that I was replying to when I entered the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1048
To be fair, I'm not expecting anything bundled in, but i think there stands to be something to give a better value proposition against the pro.

Especially if they sneak in a price drop leading up to the 1x launch.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1049
On paper it's a better proposition than the Pro as it is.

If any of you have a problem with the ps4 being brought up here than go after the posters who brought the subject into the thread - one of whom is known to have a preference for xbox.

Either ignore it or go whine about it somewhere else or contact a mod.

Top Bottom