• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Maybe I am dead and don't even know it...

giphy.gif

As posted above. FIFA 14.

It's such a strange scenario honestly. I'm torn because I can't decide which platform I think they'd bundle certain games with. FIFA/Madden honestly might be better off in Xbox One S bundles because they appeal to a wider audience. With that logic, any game they could potentially bundle would be better off with the One S.

I'm beginning to feel more and more like the One X won't get any games bundled until next year with something like Anthem. Regardless of region.

Dabanton

Surely not a official pre-order. I foresee some emails telling people: "We are sorry but we can't fulfill your pre-order as we got less Xbox One Xs than we assumed and apologize for any inconveniences". Same happened to me when I pre-ordered the Elite Controller back in the days.

Pre-order starts when MS tells the world and this time I will go with MS directly or Amazon.

Pretty much this. When either the MS store,Amazon, GAME or Best Buy start taking pre-orders it will be a go.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is it normal that a console hasn't gone up for pre-order so long after being officially priced and announced? The SNES mini, Switch, PS4 Pro, XB1S and PS4 were the last 5 that I pre-ordered and they were all within a few days IIRC (at least here in Ireland).

I'm beginning to feel more and more like the One X won't get any games bundled until next year with something like Anthem. Regardless of region.

I just always assumed this would be the case, as it's the premium version of the console. Isn't the PS4 Pro only getting bundles now with Destiny 2?

Is it normal that a console hasn't gone up for pre-order so long after being officially priced and announced? The SNES mini, Switch, PS4 Pro, XB1S and PS4 were the last 4 that I pre-ordered and they were all within a few days IIRC (at least here in Ireland).

Its an fcc thing, its not just this, but the snes classic as well, there has to be something going on over there holding this stuff up

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Its an fcc thing, its not just this, but the snes classic as well, there has to be something going on over there holding this stuff up

But would that explain the lack of pre-orders in Europe? The FCC weren't a problem with the SNES mini over here.

Also is the SNES mini still not available for pre-order in the US? If so that is scandalous, I remember people waiting up all night in the pre-order thread the day it was announced.

I just always assumed this would be the case, as it's the premium version of the console. Isn't the PS4 Pro only getting bundles now with Destiny 2?

I've assumed this was the case for the U.S., as Microsoft's store page seems to spell out exactly what you'll get in the box. Other regions were up in the air for me, as Microsoft likes to try sweetening the pot.

Colbert

Banned
Here is a link to the Gameseek Facebook post relating to pre-orders.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1846537585375286&id=129083417120720

It is definitely a conscious move to open them up and not an error.

Anyone thinking of pre-ordering, they take the money immediately.

Of course they take the money now and then it takes ages to get it back if they can't deliver. Same story with my Elite Controller all over again (different company in germany but exactly the same pattern). My recommendation: Don't pre-order there!

Here is a link to the Gameseek Facebook post relating to pre-orders.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1846537585375286&id=129083417120720

It is definitely a conscious move to open them up and not an error.

Anyone thinking of pre-ordering, they take the money immediately.

I mean... I don't think anyone here thought they opened up orders by accident. Whether or not they had the official "ok" as well as knowing how many units they'll get is another story...

I'm gonna be beyond angry if they go up for preorder and I miss out because I can't get to gamestop fast enough. I know the guys there pretty well but I don't think they could hold one until I got there. Stupid ms!

I'm gonna be beyond angry if they go up for preorder and I miss out because I can't get to gamestop fast enough. I know the guys there pretty well but I don't think they could hold one until I got there. Stupid ms!

Yeah... If they do sell out it'll be weeks to months after pre-orders go live, not day one... Neither PS4 nor Xbox One sold out of pre-orders in one day.

Frostman

Don't hold me to this, but I can't see this console selling out, you'll be fine. It's for quite a niche group.

killroy87

Hell will freeze over before preorders for the One X sell out.

Novocaine

Don't hold me to this, but I can't see this console selling out, you'll be fine. It's for quite a niche group.

So was the Elite controller. It honestly depends on how many they make. I doubt they will be making them in the same capacity as they would the One S so there's a chance.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why the hell can’t everyone wait to pre-order, the thing is 5 months out, just sit the fuck down, they won’t run out of them.

E92 M3

Why the hell can’t everyone wait to pre-order, the thing is 5 months out, just sit the fuck down, they won’t run out of them.

Preordering is an extension of the hype and not being able to is equivalent to "just the tip."

Darklor01

Preordering is an extension of the hype and not being able to is equivalent to "just the tip."

Kind of. By that I mean, I'm never satisfied with just the tip. If I'm going in, I'm going in all the way. This is more like, Phew, I know I'm going to get one for sure. I know how, and where without question (barring delivery issues).

Why the hell can't everyone wait to pre-order, the thing is 5 months out, just sit the fuck down, they won't run out of them.

For me personally, putting money down on something is my mental commitment to buy the damn thing. Without that, I'll just randomly debate whether or not I'll actually buy in right away. Everyone has their reasons.

Crackdown 3 packed in with pre orders to be revealed at SDCC this weekend, book it!

Heh... I would love this primarily because I won't buy the game at launch otherwise. I am kind of wondering if we won't get something bundled in for the first few weeks or so.

Syrus

Banned
Should i pre order thru amazon or gamestop?

I wont get it til after work either way but I plan on trading in my X1S to GS maybe if the trade credit is worth it.

Can they put on amazon cards? I get 5% with my prime card via amazon so amazon would save me 25$

I could do MS store and use my xbox account money but i use that for games.

Bah.

Should i pre order thru amazon or gamestop?

I wont get it til after work either way but I plan on trading in my X1S to GS maybe if the trade credit is worth it.

Can they put on amazon cards? I get 5% with my prime card via amazon so amazon would save me 25$

I could do MS store and use my xbox account money but i use that for games.

Bah.

I plan on doing Gamestop because I don't like depending on Amazon to deliver things on time where I live. That and I can put down the minimum amount and slowly find things to trade towards the total between now and November.

Ushay

As posted above. FIFA 14.

FIFA 14 doesn't really make sense for this console, being high end and all.

I know right. Chill out folks. Plenty of time left, not like it's arriving any quicker, I still need to sort a new TV out yet!

They pretty much just gona be stocking US and UK anyways so *most* people should be able to get one easily I would imagine

I think what they're trying to say is that FIFA is a more "mainstream" game and doesn't necessarily appeal to the hardcore audience that will buy the One X right away.

Personally I kind of agree. I think it'd bundle better with the One S than the One X.

Theorry

I think what they're trying to say is that FIFA is a more "mainstream" game and doesn't necessarily appeal to the hardcore audience that will buy the One X right away.

Personally I kind of agree. I think it'd bundle better with the One S than the One X.

That was not the point as was talking about tho. It was about people not expecting a bundled game from a 3rd party.

That was not the point as was talking about tho. It was about people not expecting a bundled game from a 3rd party.

I was just trying to clarify their statement about FIFA not being a good bundled game for this kind of hardware. Whether or not there will be a bundle is a different story.

As someone who plans to buy the console I'd love a free game, but I really doubt we'll see one.

Darklor01

For a stupid swede like myself.. what is it EXACTLY that is holding back for retailers to start taking preorders?

Allegedly, Federal Communications Commission approval. Basically, they need communications broadcasting rights approval for the device. Other countries have this in one form or another, this is the one for the United States.

Huh, I wonder if you guys will be right about it not selling out day one. Where I lived the XB1 did (13 was what they had at launch, and the only reason I remember was because I was number 13 and the guy behind me couldn't preorder) the PS4 and Pro didn't.

Colbert

Banned
Hopefully people are not too much disappointed about the bump but there is news from the FCC front:

NeoWin said:
When Microsoft unveiled the upcoming Xbox One X at its E3 press conference, the one thing that was clearly missing from the announcement was the date on which buyers could pre-order the device. According to some reports, this was mainly due to the console not having FCC clearance on the date of the conference. Well, it seems like the wireless module that the console will be utilizing has just passed through the FCC.

According to the filing for a device with the model number 1817 from Microsoft, it passed several tests for WLAN (up to 5Ghz) connectivity. The company filed the request on July 2, and it was cleared by the FCC if the test reports are to be believed, although not confirmed. The Xbox One S, which went on sale last year, had a model number of 1618 for reference.

Microsoft noted that it would announce pre-orders for the Xbox One X later this year, after discussing the games lineup and how these titles would be improved on the new console. This would suggest that Microsoft will detail its pre-order plans during this year's gamescom expo which will be held next month in Cologne. The lack of a pre-order date also sparked fears of the console being delayed, but Phil Spencer quickly dismissed these rumors.

Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/possible-xbox-one-x-wireless-module-passes-through-fcc

Top Bottom