• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Ushay

xaGSLJY.gif

Holy shit lol!

It will matter only in the USA, the rest of the world doesn't care anymore... Anecdotally here in Italy I see only the few that have got already a Xbox talking about the 1x, the other don't simply care, they have already a PS4 that will cover them until PS5...
The brand is also weaker those years, long are gone the 360 days where it was getting a really nice traction.

UK care over here. Anecdotally speaking that is.

It will matter only in the USA, the rest of the world doesn't care anymore... Anecdotally here in Italy I see only the few that have got already a Xbox talking about the 1x, the other don't simply care, they have already a PS4 that will cover them until PS5...
The brand is also weaker those years, long are gone the 360 days where it was getting a really nice traction.
Isn't this thread about preorders? or am I missing something here?

draliko

Isn't this thread about preorders? or am I missing something here?
I was answering to the guy asking if it will find the box in stores without preordering, and yes everywhere outside USA you will find it in stores no problems because in the rest of the world the brand is not so strong... Here you can fine even switch in every shop, it's sold out only on Amazon sometimes...

Thebonehead

Banned
I was answering to the guy asking if it will find the box in stores without preordering, and yes everywhere outside USA you will find it in stores no problems because in the rest of the world the brand is not so strong... Here you can fine even switch in every shop, it's sold out only on Amazon sometimes...

We can only speculate at this time, rightly or wrongly we wont know until a few months after launch.

It maybe, that MS knows where demand will be highest, and target accordingly ensuring a surfeit of stock. Its not guaranteed though, so if you want one it's best to pre-order when available.

You can always cancel when new information becomes known.

What does this have to do with this thread?

I'm expecting 100 trade in credit for OG XBO/PS4, 150 for XBOS/PS4 Slim, 200 for PS4 pro at GS and thats about it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about trading in one of my OG One's to Amazon for credit and then applying it when I preorder but will likely just drive down to Gamestop and do it.

FN-2187

I'm expecting 100 trade in credit for OG XBO/PS4, 150 for XBOS/PS4 Slim, 200 for PS4 pro at GS and thats about it.

In Canada at least, EB just had a trade in promo and I got $250 for my OG Xbox One to upgrade it to an S. I expect them to have a similar promo for the X, and I will take full advantage.

By the way, now that I have an S in my home under the TV, it blows my mind that the X will be even smaller.

Comet

In Canada at least, EB just had a trade in promo and I got $250 for my OG Xbox One to upgrade it to an S. I expect them to have a similar promo for the X, and I will take full advantage.

By the way, now that I have an S in my home under the TV, it blows my mind that the X will be even smaller.
I know how is something so strong going to be so sleek and small??

I don't know why people expect anything other than trade in at their local game store

Same, but people had the same weird expectations with the PS4 Pro as well. I personally expect to get a max of $150 for my 500Gb Xbox One S by selling it privately. I'm thinking stores like Gamestop will likely have trade in deals for between $100-$125 for that model by then.

Microsoft is not going to hand us free money across the board just because we want this new console. At best, they'll offer a trade in promo at their own stores for about what a store like Gamestop would give.

ElNino

Yep, EB here actually has really pretty good trade in promos for new consoles.

I got almost $300 for my OG PS4 towards the PS4 Pro, and I expect a similar program for the Xbox One X.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Every time this thread is bumped...
Elf.gif

Every time I get in here and read something other than it's happening...
DDzx_f-maxage-0.gif

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
You are top 2 currently in the post count, I would not complain though LOL

giphy.gif

I'll be top one man.. I'm aiming high! On a side note, my posts are usually not for any negative reason. They're usually purposeful if anyone reads them.

So I guess the obvious assumption now is an announcement at Gamescom?

Seeming likely. There was some activity on their store page yesterday, but now they've put things back to normal including the message about not having FCC approval. On or near Gamescom seems like a safe bet.

reKon

Banned
Not sure why people are thinking this console will be hard to come find unless Microsoft is going to have supply issues?

Take the PS4 Pro supply for instance during the first month or so. How is this situation any different?

Anyways, where are most people going to try to preorder this? Amazon I'm assuming?

i would love $150 as a trade in for my xbone. I know thats asking for allot but its what i hope.

Not sure why people are thinking this console will be hard to come find unless Microsoft is going to have supply issues?

Take the PS4 Pro supply for instance during the first month or so. How is this situation any different?

Anyways, where are most people going to try to preorder this? Amazon I'm assuming?

I think demand for Xbox X is going to be way bigger than anything the PS4 Pro has had. I am not talking switch level demand but i think if you want it day 1 and not day 3 you may have to reserve

Yeah, I really don't buy into the idea of this selling out. I just pre-order stuff like this so I know I can get a unit at the store that's closest to where I work. They're a smaller Gamestop in an area with 4 other locations nearby so they don't get priority when it comes to high-demand items. I'm too lazy to drive all over when pre-ordering would guarantee a unit.

I used to like Amazon for hardware launches, but they're too slow in the area I live in now. If I get it delivered to my house, UPS doesn't come until almost 8 PM. If I get it delivered to my job, they for some reason don't flag it as a business and might not deliver before we leave for the day.

Thebonehead

Banned

We don't know what the supply chain situation will be so are all frantically speculating.

As for me I'll probably order from Amazon Uk with a backup order via the MS store ( Not sure how they compare to Amazon for delivery )

</endSmirkModeAtDarklor01ForGettingHisHopesUpAgainAtThreadBeingBumped>

m23

I think demand for Xbox X is going to be way bigger than anything the PS4 Pro has had. I am not talking switch level demand but i think if you want it day 1 and not day 3 you may have to reserve

I'm sorry, but that username and post together is just hilarious.

m23

What he said is likely true, however.

I disagree very much with his statement. Also it was just a light joke so don't take it too seriously Spencer.

I don't think it will be very hard at all to find these consoles when it releases. The higher price will make a huge impact on sales. I believe there is value there personally, but I don't see it doing any better than ps4 pro.

Colbert

Banned
I disagree very much with his statement. Also it was just a light joke so don't take it too seriously Spencer.

I don't think it will be very hard at all to find these consoles when it releases. The higher price will make a huge impact on sales. I believe there is value there personally, but I don't see it doing any better than ps4 pro.

To my knowledge the PS4 Pro was able to reach 20% of their sales since release. I expect the demand of the Xbox One X a little bit higher because of the current performance advantage Xbox One X for those who want to have the best available console on the market and the more intense marketing push of MS.

So lets say baseline we have 20% goes to the Xbox One X this holiday WW they have to produce about 1m consoles to be on the safe side on availability.

The time they have to manufacture those amount of consoles seems to be enough as we talk August and September. I assume October for shipping & distribution to the destination markets.

O____o

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

The wait is killing me!

August you will be able to pre-order. The only thing I do not know is if they wait until Gamescom or they start earlier.

Qwyjibo

I got almost $300 for my OG PS4 towards the PS4 Pro, and I expect a similar program for the Xbox One X.
I hope so. I found a PS4 Pro for a REALLY good price so I have my OG PS4 just sitting in a box waiting for some kind of EB trade-in. Not going to mess around on Kijiji selling a used console. Hopefully I'll be able trade in both my PS4 and One S towards this.

Yeah I'm holding out for an EB deal too, after unexpectedly seeing like $300 value for my old PS4 during the Pro launch. Thought at best I think we'll see (CAD $) OneS + $299 and/or original One + $399. Combined with a TIV bump of $25 per each $8 game.

Between the Switch, Pro and slim PS4, as competition, the OneX will need aggressive promos to move units beyond the hardcore crowd.

Hawk269

What he said is likely true, however.

I agree. I think mainly because MS is going to market the Xbox One X like it is a new generation console launch. Sony's marketing for the PRO was non-existent and they barely even talked or showed it during last years launch and holiday run. MS is going to take a completely different approach.

What happens between February 2018-Summe 2018 will be the interesting time frame for the Xbox One X.

LukeUK

Neo Member
August you will be able to pre-order. The only thing I do not know is if they wait until Gamescom or they start earlier.

How do you know this?

Still refreshing the Amazon Xbox One X page daily, seems silly considering it's just to preorder but much like their Xbox One Elite controllers, I have a feeling these will be in short supply too. (albeit only in US/UK)

It's all relative...if only 100 people want to buy one BUT MS actually only make 1, it will be very hard to get hold of. Similarly if 500k people want to buy one and MS only make 5k, it will be very hard to get hold of.

Absolute demand is fairly irrelevant, demand relative to number of units made is very relevant.

Novocaine

It's all relative...if only 100 people want to buy one BUT MS actually only make 1, it will be very hard to get hold of. Similarly if 500k people want to buy one and MS only make 5k, it will be very hard to get hold of.

Absolute demand is fairly irrelevant, demand relative to number of units made is very relevant.

&#128077;

Colbert

Banned
How do you know this?

Still refreshing the Amazon Xbox One X page daily, seems silly considering it's just to preorder but much like their Xbox One Elite controllers, I have a feeling these will be in short supply too. (albeit only in US/UK)

How do I know? Magic eight ball!
(Joke)

Seriously, I had the opportunity to get some hints on the matter.

Lothars

How do you know this?

I don't think it will be in short supply especially for launch., I would be shocked if it was hard to find initally. Maybe a couple months after depending on restocks. I am hoping preorders start soon though.

Top Bottom