• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective

Well for several reasons. For example the Xbox One has only been available for three years in some countries like mine, The Netherlands and 4 in the other countries. That's not a whole lot. Plus if every game from now on would only work on Scorpio that would mean Xbox One owners have nothing left to play. Maybe it's not a stab in the back, that's too extreme but it would be asking for trouble.

I bet plenty of people would be extremely pissed off and not bother with Xbox anymore. At least one friend of mine really isn't planning on buying a new console already and he's contend with his X1.

Microsoft have stated billions time it's not next gen and you know that.

Yet, here you are...

Considering they've time and time again have stated how commited they are to keeping your library available, moving to a next gen today won't suddenly invalidate all your old purchases. But then again, they did it with WP, two times, so you never know.

WP?

Microsoft have stated billions time it's not next gen and you know that.

Yet, here you are...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=233458331

Do people not read? Come on now. I mentioned that someone in that Tom Warren tweet said it's a next gen for Xbox. Which I then said it really isn't but also how cool it would be for some gamers if it was but at the same time not cool for other gamers.

Of course I know MS isn't doing this. Come on read the previous post too please.

If it was unclear, then my bad.

KORNdoggy

I saw some videos posted on YouTube yesterday that teens apparently nowadays prefer Xbox over Playstation. Any truth to that? Because not so long ago that certainly wasn't the case,lol.

they grew up with 360 dominating. brand recognition is higher for xbox for that reason. just like kids growing up with PS4 dominating now will probably say playstation is a "cooler" brand than xbox in 10 years time. it's why "millenials" prefer playstation, they grew up with PS1/2 as dominant consoles.

Zedox

Specs are cool and all but without the price we won't get a full picture.

We weren't going to get the full picture today, and expecting that would mean you haven't been paying attention. It was always going to be a spec reveal and nothing else. Deep dive into specs. DASSIT.

Yeah having to pay to see what the Scorpio can really do is not a good idea. MS need to have footage up if that's the case.

Not that I think there will be much. I can see MS doing the first Forza 7 reveal very soon though...

Sony struck a deal with DF that allowed them to be able to give out 4K video of Horizon for free, so I can see MS going a similar route.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Specs are cool and all but without the price we won't get a full picture.

I feel like spec will make everyone think like it will be 500 machine and on E3 MS can drop another bomb with 400 price point. Something tells me it hurt them personally when they got booed last time.

1 Hour left to settle the debate.
1e4NgKU.gif

Between the posts about MS not supporting the Xbox One once Scorpio comes out and the people who think this is a media event and the people who will be let down when they don't reveal the name or the price.....It's apparent that there are many of us who do not read things that have been said over and over and over again. I dont understand.

I'm pumped for today. I'm pumped to see what my next console is going to be able to do. Thanks for keeping me entertained with the gifs, wild theories, and for most of you, actual good conversations about the Scorpio. See you in an hour.

Hermii

I think the concept of generations is outdated. Looks like Sony, MS and Nintendo are moving towards incremental upgrades. Especially MS if Scorpio really has a much more powerful cpu and blows the original Xbox One away in every way. Sony may come out with a PS5.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I think the concept of generations is outdated. Looks like Sony, MS and Nintendo are moving towards incremental upgrades. Especially MS if Scorpio really has a much more powerful cpu and blows the original Xbox One away in every way. Sony may come out with a PS5.
Nintendo?

Asd202

For Sony it just make sense to make PS5,6 and so on. It's good free marketing and people get that it's "new".

JaffeLion

Banned

I mean Microsoft already started it with BC, giving out a lot of XBOX 360 titles for free (if you owned them physically or digitally) is great.

With Nintendo and Sony you have to buy the games again, so it's not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom