• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larogue

1 Hour left to settle the debate.
1e4NgKU.gif
scorpio_amd_ces_2017.jpg

I think the concept of generations is outdated. Looks like Sony, MS and Nintendo are moving towards incremental upgrades. Especially MS if Scorpio really has a much more powerful cpu and blows the original Xbox One away in every way. Sony may come out with a PS5.
Lol how does Nintendo fit into this

I think the concept of generations is outdated. Looks like Sony, MS and Nintendo are moving towards incremental upgrades. Especially MS if Scorpio really has a much more powerful cpu and blows the original Xbox One away in every way. Sony may come out with a PS5.

I think this would be ideal, personally. As long as each new console iteration has full BC, I'm down.

AmyS

For Sony it just make sense to make PS5,6 and so on. It's good free marketing and people get that it's "new".

The console arms race is back!

Lister

Banned
I have a really strong feeling they are going to beef up the CPU. Would pay dividends in games and as a media player, especially with their ui.

mindatlarge

If this system impresses, I'll probably bite and pick one up. Skipped XB1, so this would be a perfect time to return to Microsoft for me if I like what I see.

Cpt_Cabal

Neo Member
For Sony it just make sense to make PS5,6 and so on. It's good free marketing and people get that it's "new".

I may have misinterpreted your point, but...

That concept applies just as well to the current smartphone release model - why is it so difficult to have that applied to consoles?

Why are generations still a thing, considering it's pretty obvious that both Sony and MS have pretty much set up camps in x86 territory, for at least the foreseeable future?

Malcolm9

I think adding a price with the specs reveal could allow MS to get a good indication of people's reactions.

Looking forward to the reveal anyway, it's been too hush for a while.

Mosse

Neo Member
I mean Microsoft already started it with BC, giving out a lot of XBOX 360 titles for free (if you owned them physically or digitally) is great.

With Nintendo and Sony you have to buy the games again, so it's not the same.

That's not anything new. Many consoles before have been backwards compatible with previous gens. It's forwards compatability that would make a difference, like if the scorpio could play xbox two games when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom