• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
C8k69LlXsAERpTp.jpg:large

The chip actually says 4k

quest

Not Banned from OT
[Agent]ZeroNine;233341889 said:
Fingers crossed for some game announcements.

Edit: By Digital Foundry? Wut?

It's a pure technical reveal no game announcements. Great for us gamers for df to do it. If they give me a a thumbs up we know Scorpio is legit.

This is very clever of them, it shows that they are confident in their console. Also, amazing get for DF and Eurogamer.

kennyamr

cool! Let's find out what Microsoft has been planning for all this time.

I hope it's good. Looking forward to it.

Curufinwe

I hope everything is really balanced. Balance being the most important factor for getting performance from console hardware.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
Really looking forward to this but a bit torn as I'm not in the least tempted to upgrade to a 4K TV any time soon and I'm imagining Scorpio would be a bit of a waste on anything less. Same reason I held off on the PS4 Pro so far too. Still, we will see.

Lucifon

So this will obviously be focused on specs and performance, as well as some features. Wonder if they hold out for the design of the box itself and a few user features for later.

Absolutely. Expect this to be more of a spec / performance deep-dive for the final specs. Everything else will come later.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
HW only it seems. Saving the majority of software showcase for E3.
Makes sense for them I guess.

Makareu

Cool to see a EU friendly reveal. But a bit concerned (!) that such a reveal is handled by a single press outlet.

Madness

I predict there will be...salt. Mountains and mountains of salt based on how this turns out. Makes sense for DF and Eurogamer to get this kind of scoop.

I hope everyone tempers their expectations, because this is most likely going to be about the tech inside the box.

We will probably not see the actual box or game footage running on Scorpio.

TwIsTeD

Why am I secretly hoping they support KB/M with Scorpio - while completely unlikely it would make me reevaluate spending money on a new Gaming PC

I think Microsoft allowing DF to reveal this shows some ballsy confidence in the performance of the system. Let DF compare specs probably show off some Forza 7 footage. At e3 they unveil the console itself and price quickly at the start so they can dive right in to games.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
What are the chances they actually reveal what it looks like or do they save that for e3?

Funny isn't it? Not criticising - I always get excited about seeing what any new console looks like too, but really is it that important? Probably not in the great scheme of things..

rokkerkory

Awesome but this will just be the beginning of info rolling out. It won't be a full blown blow out but will have some very juicy details.

Oh and Forza 7 running in 4k as well.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Cool to see a EU friendly reveal. But a bit concerned (!) that such a reveal is handled by a single press outlet.

They are by far the most trusted source on the technical side of the industry. Any other source could be called out as biased or being ms pr mouth piece. Df is the only choice for this imo.

shanew21

So little fanfare around this then? Guess that's left for E3.
They saw how Sony's event flopped for the Pro. It's just really difficult to show off a 4K HDR console over a live press conference. Rather than do a whole drawn out event, let the leader in testing console specs do it. You hit your target audience.

Then at E3 it's all about the games, the console's look/price, and your marketing/messaging. Don't need to get bogged down with specs.

Wireframe

This is huge for DF, I love the content and analysis they provide so wish them all the best. Very savvy move by MS also.

What ? They're doing the communication of Microsoft ?

Wired did something like this with the Xbox One. They ran a bunch of articles on the tech etc behind it.

Not the same as what DF has planned but given the focus of Scorpio on power it's not a surprise they will be the main outlet for it.

MS already announced the machine last year..so it's not like this will be a surprise console launch.

Rocketz

I'm expecting well get to see what it looks like plus a rundown on specs plus some 1st party titles like Gears, Halo 5, and Horizon 3 running on the system. Anything new we'll see at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom