• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the "reveal" is specifically stated as coming from Digital Foundry and not just Eurogamer. Seems promising for people that care about performance that Microsoft would give them the exclusive.

Yup. It's coming!

Microsoft on Thursday:
kevinhartgif.gif

Gaf until thursday hits:
91deccfa677a77865c25a137c5d3248c.gif

You:
6361330813985245481441827829_giphy.gif

totally joking :p! I CANT WAIT!! HAHA

Ken Adams

Funny isn't it? Not criticising - I always get excited about seeing what any new console looks like too, but really is it that important? Probably not in the great scheme of things..

Oh I agree its not important at all, I just love what they did with the One S and super excited to see what they do here.

By DF/EG?

Why isnt MS doing it?
I think this is pretty smart actually.

MS does it: "Of course MS are going to spin it in their favor. I'll wait for DF's analysis."

DF is the most well-known outlet for people interested in console tech analysis. The fact they got the reveal must mean MS really want to emphasize Scorpio's power.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I'm expecting well get to see what it looks like plus a rundown on specs plus some 1st party titles like Gears, Halo 5, and Horizon 3 running on the system. Anything new we'll see at E3.
Your expecting wrong going to be technical briefing with maybe a look at the motherboard.

CrayToes

Smart to get the nerdy hardware stuff out of the way now then focus on games at E3. That is, of course, providing MS has any decent games to show the thing off.

FZW

Haha, I wonder if this was a case of them finding out some stuff about Scorpio, and Microsoft giving them the exclusive reveal in return for keeping quiet for a bit.

GAF with the stupid conspiracy theories smh

How about this, maybe they're just confident in their product and gave the reveal to the ones most trusted by gamers today for analyzing hardware?

bigJP

cool cant wait. makes sense i guess. they will have a flashier reveal for the masses at E3 but let all the techies enjoy the specs at an earlier time

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I find it weird that someone other than Microsoft is revealing their hardware.

What did Eurogamer/DF have to agree to get this scoop?

I would hope for an objective opinion, not influenced by an agreement to have the first hands-on, etc.

Either way, I'm excited. New hardware is always an exciting time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Nice. They've been the go to site for Indepth console testing for awhile now.

I don't expect that we get pricing or a look at the actual console design yet though.

Somnia

I just want to laugh at everyone who was posting to ignore Jez Corden and yet he was right in the end. He may overhype too much and lead people on to get hits at times, but he doesn't post fake news.

Microsoft must be pretty confident in their design to reveal it through DF. A heads up play because it indicates they know they need to win back the trust of the "hardcore" gamers. Very excited for Thursday and I think we'll be blown away hopefully with a Ryzen CPU.

Caayn

Reveal by DF? MS going balls out with the spec details? Shows confidence in their hardware.

Smart decision to have an DF handle the spec reveal.

Kibbles

I'm guessing we going to see Forza 7 at a flawless 4k/60. Their confidence to let DF get the exclusive reveal speaks volumes

Truant

Reveal by DF? MS going balls out with the spec details? Shows confidence in their hardware.

Smart decision to have an DF handle the spec reveal.

They must be pretty confident given how unimpressed DF have been with the PS4 Pro.

Belker

I find it weird that someone other than Microsoft is revealing their hardware.

What did Eurogamer/DF have to agree to get this scoop?

I would hope for an objective opinion, not influenced by an agreement to have the first hands-on, etc.

Either way, I'm excited. New hardware is always an exciting time.

I was thinking something similar. I like DF's work and so I like the fact they're getting more exposure. But whatever the contract or relationship was that led to this, I think it's important that there's some sort of explanation or disclaimer explaining if there's anything that might affect its appraisal.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
By DF/EG?

Why isnt MS doing it?

My guess is so that no one second guesses Microsoft. If Digital Foundry is impressed with the specs, then that has merit. Digital Foundry is known for not having bias.

But surely someone from MS will be there during this reveal? I mean..... Major Nelson, Aaron Greenberg or the man himself Phil Spencer. Because they call it a reveal now.

Phamit

I guess they will show some games with and without Scorpio patches and do framerate and resolution tests.

Maybe final specs?

Digital Foundry is probably the biggest site who does stuff like this and it's a interesting strategy by Microsoft. Instead of doing another conference, they let an outlet test it.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
oti xero said:
MS must be really confident. Exciting.
DF speaks directly(I mean it's the main reason it exists) to the audiences most likely to be interested in more powerful hw.
But also they aren't shy of highly-speculative comparisons to everything else already on the market - something other outlets wouldn't be able to do with any credibility - and MS legally can't do at all.
Outside of questions of DFs actual outreach, this is playing it safe IMO (but yes, also smart).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom