• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

Xbro

I'm guessing not. You could in the other games, but there's no way they've shown so much of this one yet not mentioned a word about customizing your characters' appearance. A shame, but I guess they decided against it in the end.

We've seen a cosmetics store in the game. Just because they haven't mentioned it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Big0Bear

Like, shockingly so. Is the VO strike hurting them this badly? Everything about this game looks so damn good, except the character designs, which look like they are out of a How to Draw Manga book for the most part, especially in the faces. But the battle system looks like an absolute blast.

I really hope the add Japanese vo after release like they did for zelda because man that's painful

patientx

Got a few questions. Combat seems to take longer than 1st and X , or is it just the monsters they fought in demos? The overall playable area seems to be bigger than 1st but not X ? How much hours do you guys think game would take to finish normally ?

Wichu

Xenoblade 1 had 2 battle themes. Wonder if it will work the same way
God to God

Apparently different locations will have different battle themes. I don't know if they'll have a unique theme for each Titan, but expect two or three at the very least.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Got a few questions. Combat seems to take longer than 1st and X , or is it just the monsters they fought in demos? The overall playable area seems to be bigger than 1st but not X ? How much hours do you guys think game would take to finish normally ?

Monsters they fought in demo had their health raised so the could show off the physical and elemental combo chains.

Reki

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/91de0ccd-96a8-11e7-8cda-063b7ac45a6d.html

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/75773353?page=1

Translation of a new Message by Takahashi

Takahashi confirms multiple battle themes so that explains why the temp. boss theme (which was in the E3 demo for the boss) and the unique monster theme are different.

I think we got a translation a few pages earlier, but this seems like a better one.

Thank you for sharing!

I think the VA will be fine but the issue is the dialogue not matching up with the scenes they're showing. Easiest explanation is that they got the footage from the japanese build but didn't sync the VA properly when cutting the trailers.
Unless it's a horrible rush job, don't recall any of Nintendo's games suffering from that.
I do like the return to the british accents so I hope it's good

Man, I was a little bummed about no character customization, but hearing a this talk about no armor customization is killing me. The art style of some characters is bad enough, but not being able to cover that mug up with a helmet or something is probably a deal breaker.

Just moved this to a big fat maybe.

Zukkoyaki

I'm amazed by how inconsistent the art direction is. The characters, environments, enemies and vistas all look like they were taken from different games.

But whateves, gameplay looks stellar.

I'm amazed by how inconsistent the art direction is. The characters, environments, enemies and vistas all look like they were taken from different games.

Not really, maybe the monsters vs the humans, but walking through town the humans fit the environment pretty well

It was a similar problem in XCX where you have these stunning environments and awesome creature designs, but awkward looking characters that just look out of place.

So I preordered from Best Buy with Paypal and they charged me immediately. Will this drop off or is this the actual, one-time charge for the game?

Sorry, I usually preorder from Amazon, but I might be done with them on the video games front.

Harpoon

Different stance and camera angle. Sharper/brighter image vs blurry/darker image with DOF. Eyes? Etc? Anything major? So you are serious?

"Camera angle." Right.

xBclCSL.jpg

GoNintendo did a few other comparisons of characters and shots from the recent footage to earlier stuff. Everything is definitely improving.

Audette

Went out and bought Xenoblade chronicles (the first one for Wii)
Amazingly they had sealed copies in stock at my local EB games! Hope I have time to beat this game before December.

Amazingly they had sealed copies in stock at my local EB games! Hope I have time to beat this game before December.

Enjoy it! EB apparently just got a reprint done on the downlow. Pretty cool of them.

vareon

There were days when a sealed Xenoblade Chronices copy were a relic of myth. Congrats.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did they say you can switch armor? I have yet to see the main character in any other outfit other then his scuba gear.

At least we know it has functions though when he goes underwater and his little pet lives in his helmet.

If not, I'm out. I find the blade armor to be completely ridiculous.

They are out of place, they're the aliens on the planet.

Sorry, I meant stylistically. Realistic environments with very stylised characters.

They are in space armor like 99% of the time. Unless you were zooming in on faces I kind of disagree.

So you're ok with the character designs as long as they're hidden under armour and not shown in close up shots? Yeah I can agree with that.

Don't get me wrong I love XCX, it's my 2nd favourite Wii U game. And I don't have a huuuge problem with how the characters look, it just they're a bit meh compared to everything else.

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, random question. I pre ordered the special edition of xenoblade 2, and with that gamers club for the first time.

And I was wondering, what are can the points you can get for? What can they be redeemed for?

Thanks

abrack08

So I preordered from Best Buy with Paypal and they charged me immediately. Will this drop off or is this the actual, one-time charge for the game?

Sorry, I usually preorder from Amazon, but I might be done with them on the video games front.

It's a temp charge just to verify you have the funds, it'll be reversed after a few days, then they'll really charge you when it ships/when you pick it up at the store.
At least that's how it works with a card payment, not sure about PayPal tbh.

Hey guys, random question. I pre ordered the special edition of xenoblade 2, and with that gamers club for the first time.

And I was wondering, what are can the points you can get for? What can they be redeemed for?

Thanks

When you get a certain amount of points you get credit added to your account. 250 points = $5 voucher to your account.

Xbro

Almost every comparison shows clear improvements, except for this one.

Overall detail is better, but lighting and shadows somehow got worse

Actually, looks like it's just a different time of day. The first game had cutscenes take place at night if you went into them at night, it's likely the same thing here.

Top Bottom