• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Peagles

shadyspace said:
It's coming out in Australia on the 2nd of September.

Oh that's cool. I really need the classic controller to go with my Mario Wii though :p

Just realised the local price at $100 NZD is for September. Thank god for cheap imports!

pre ordered ..can't wait ...

the soundtrack is really awesome ... is there any full OST lying on some japanese website so i can't buy it ?

Codeblue

Great job on the OP. I cant wait to obsessively track my import copy.

On one of the things in Bebpo's impressions: he said the counter doesn't go past 100 hours, but wouldn't that be a redundant feature since the Nintendo Channel does that anyway?

Edit: will the channel even track it if you're using Gecko to play it?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm hoping mine comes before the labor day holiday. 3 day weekend of college football kickoff, Deus Ex HR and Xenoblade = awesome

Clipper

Codeblue said:
Great job on the OP. I cant wait to obsessively track my import copy.

On one of the things in Bebpo's impressions: he said the counter doesn't go past 100 hours, but wouldn't that be a redundant feature since the Nintendo Channel does that anyway?

Edit: will the channel even track it if you're using Gecko to play it?
It won't track if you use Gecko. You need to use StartPatch or Cfg to play the import game with tracking. Further comparisons of the various region free methods are here.

MechaX

I caved in and imported it (and I got all the materials needed to mod my wii). I have had a JRPG itch for too long and hardly any console title since Tales of Vesperia have even come close to scratching it.

Well I got the Wii all prepped to play this game, and my pre-order placed at 365game. This is my first experience with importing, and I'm really excited for it. Xenoblade just seems like the exact type of game I've been waiting to play this whole generation, and I couldn't let myself miss out. A huge world to explore, and a battle system that is in the same vein as FFXII. Here's hoping I don't have to wait to long for my copy to get to me!

Brannon

All this time, and I'm just NOW getting the significance of the cover. That giant monstrosity in the background is another CONTINENT. Wonder if you can explore it too...

I haven't been this excited for a game in...well, days, but I'm still excited dammit! Hearing comparisons to FF XII is a massive plus in my book.

ag-my001

I showed my friend one of the Let's Play videos of this tonight. His first comment: "I really like that art style." His second: "So wait. Why isn't Nintendo releasing this in America?"

Now to wait patiently for that package from the UK.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
EGMQd.png

Man... the recoil from this weapon would break bones and snap hands.

JRPG and their ridiculous weaponry... I love it.

MYE

Franklinator said:
qBzqr.gif

I guess I have to import now

xenoblade-giants-artwork-1.jpg

And the sword is the bridging region across both continents.
How AWESOME is that?

That hand on the ocean, is it an island you can go to?

squall23

Believe it or not, that hand
is a major plot point. It's home to a faction called "Machiners", they're basically humans from Bionis that have fully accepted the technology from Mechonis. In fact, that girl from the "Screenshots and Trailers" banner in the first post is a Machiner.

Preordered and now just waiting for it to make it's way over to the US. Only the second release date purchase for me this year (with Portal 2 being the first).

Clipper

TheChaos said:
I've got Homebrew 4.2. That was the one with Mario Galaxy 2, right? Hope I'm not screwed over and have to mod again.
Congratulations, you can use the easiest installation method, BannerBomb. The GWHT has you fully covered on how to get it and install. Just read through this page.

Edit: Sorry, ignore the above. I somehow misread your post as Firmware 4.2... You should upgrade the HBC and any of your homebrew using the tutorial before playing, just in case, but you won't have any trouble playing the game.

wsippel

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
http://i.imgur.com/EGMQd.png

Man... the recoil from this weapon would break bones and snap hands.

JRPG and their ridiculous weaponry... I love it.
Her weapons aren't even all that ridiculous compared to those of the fighters in the game, actually. At least when it comes to size. But living up to common tropes, even though the guns look like anti material rifles, they do very little damage even to soft targets.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sniper rifle chick is pretty sexy.

Diffense

This has probably been asked before but I would appreciate some feedback from someone with experience.

I heard good things about Game.co.uk so I tried to order the collector's edition from them but I triggered 'fraud protection' and its slightly annoying to have to call to place the order.

Question: Does anyone know if the other stores make it easier to order outside the UK and which ones also have reliable and prompt delivery?
[I know that only GAME has the collector's edition. I don't really need it, was just going to support the effort].

Hiltz

Got the game pre-ordered, but made a deal with my friend to split the cost. In additon, we'll only play it on his console once he does the mod thing to it (I'm too scared that I'd f@ck mine up).

Feep

Banned
Just homebrewed the crap out of my Wii.

If I want to rip the .iso to improve loadtime, would I need a 4 GB, 8 GB, or 16 GB card to do it? And I would have to use NTFS, but I assume the Configurable Boot Loader can deal with that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ugly American here, and I'm sure this thread will be painful while I'm waiting for my copy to float slowly across the sea to me.

Thanks for putting the import info in the OP, very helpful.

Sophia

Feep said:

If I want to rip the .iso to improve loadtime, would I need a 4GB, 8 GB, or 16 GB card to do it? And I would have to use NTFS, but I assume the Configurable Boot Loader can deal with that.

You'll need an 8GB at least for sure.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Feep said:

If I want to rip the .iso to improve loadtime, would I need a 4GB, 8 GB, or 16 GB card to do it? And I would have to use NTFS, but I assume the Configurable Boot Loader can deal with that.
8GB card at least. The Japan version was 4.7 gb or so (edit: actually 4.37gb), and with English voice, perhaps more.

It handles NTFS on Cfg Boot Loader in USB now.... but I'm not sure about an SD card. If not, I know you can actually partition a card to work using PartTools.

But I really reccomend a USB hard drive just because it's awesome. a 250GB or 1gb hdd (cheap) would hold a ton of games.. all the ones on Wii you'd ever want to play.

Feep

Banned
BocoDragon said:
8GB card at least. The Japan version was 4.7 gb or so, and with English voice, perhaps more.

It handles NTFS on Cfg Boot Loader in USB now.... but I'm not sure about an SD card. If not, I know you can actually partition a card to work using PartTools.

But I really reccomend a USB hard drive just because it's awesome. a 250GB or 1gb hdd (cheap) would hold a ton of games.. all the ones on Wii you'd ever want to play.
(laugh) Somehow, despite the name, I temporarily forgot I could also use external USB drives with this thing. I'm an idiot.

Well hot damn, time to rip my 18 Wii games

Aeana

I use a couple of SDHC cards for USB Loader. I have a 4GB and an 8GB and I've only ever had one game that wouldn't fit (Metroid Prime Trilogy). For that one I just edited the ISO to remove MP3 since I already own that separately. Other dual layer games like Other M fit (barely) on the 8GB card, so I haven't really felt compelled to change to anything else. Convenience of a hard drive would be nice, but I don't really feel like spending the money.

Top Bottom