• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

jorgejjvr

The characters don't look that bad at all to me honestly. And anyways this is about the world and the story, game play and music!

walnuts

The locations in this game are too hype

10_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvpaq.gif

11_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvpcr.gif

12_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvpe1.gif

tumblr_m4gftiNSsU1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

rjinaz

Nah, if you have the time, it's great. I'm not knocking the game, but more bemoaning the amount of time I'll actually have to play it...and that I won't really be able to play it "properly." A game like this requires at least 2-3 hour sessions to feel meaningful.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I marathoned The Last Story when I was on my paternity leave with our first child, and that game was basically the perfect RPG for someone in my situation. Great length, not overly complex menus, a focus on action, and still a pretty immersive experience.

Fair enough.I've been looking forward to this game for two years now. It would definitely be disappointing if I found myself now in a situation where I wouldn't be able to play it the way I would like. But then, that's a double-edged sword as well. More time isn't necessarily a good thing, I'd probably rather have the family life.

Anyway. Hopefully you can find the time.

ika

Anyone else think there is more than 5 zones? Seems to me they didn't show all of it? Lot of black space on that map.

You can see only those five areas in the map bundled, so I doubt there'll be more. Also, Takahashi said in Famitsu there're five areas/continents in Mira. So, unless you can go to other planets later in the game, this is all we'll get.

img_info_20150206_01.png

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not to be a downer but those just look like empty plains with fancy backgrounds. I know this isn't a platformer of course, but hopefully there's some variety in the terrain.

Knowing that the backgrounds are not just backgrounds, but explorable areas should be the answer for your hope.

Peltz

Not to be a downer but those just look like empty plains with fancy backgrounds. I know this isn't a platformer of course, but hopefully there's some variety in the terrain.

face.gif

Those aren't backgrounds. Xenoblade on Wii didn't have far away "skybox" structures. Pretty much everything you can see, you can reach. Those "fancy backgrounds" are all waiting to be explored.

Nanashrew

Banned
From Cheesemeister:

Cheesemeister@Cheesemeister3k
#XenobladeX supports GamePad, #WiiU Pro Controller, USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p. pic.twitter.com/doXkkkLoxj

Keyboard support!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
From Cheesemeister:

#XenobladeX supports GamePad, #WiiU Pro Controller, USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p. pic.twitter.com/doXkkkLoxj

Keyboard support!

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

random25

From Cheesemeister:

Keyboard support!

What!? WE MMO NOW? :p

This will probably for the information exchange and a possible online chatroom.

Renewed

From Cheesemeister:

Keyboard support!

I never thought I'd see the day where I use a keyboard on a console. And I know it's already a thing, just I've never done it. WE MMO BABY

Can I just say that I really hope that Monolith learns to not use this character designer again in their future 3D titles.

I just hate Lynlee and the other big eyed characters just so so much. (Elma is pretty ok in certain scenes though) Other than that it still looks fine.

Top Bottom