• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

rhandino

Banned
Probably a stupid question but how does this game relate to xenoblade? Same world? Future? Past?

There are two teories:

1) None, is just a new universe using sames concepts, mechanics even races of the previous game. Like the Final Fantasy series.

2) SPOILERS
It's the world (or Universe) created at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles.
but this one is not very popular...

I am more inclined for 1.

Diffense

There's a lot of metal structures and a very large and very wide metallic bridge in in the volcanic area. I wonder if a city or colony might be found there.

Yeah, the volcano area has structures that remind a little of
the Mechon capital Agniratha
from Xenoblade. There could be a Nopon village in the forest too. There won't be another human settlement though. Or, it would be a major plot twist to find other people.

Overall impressive but a few things annoy me:

- Earth is going to be destroyed and arcs are build to rescue a lucky few.
The precious space is then filled up by parks, malls,pizza places and luxury homes with pools. What? Seriously. What?

- The military complex and his future part as an evil corporation are so anime cliché you can already see it from a mile away

- that annoying furball

- those faces. Oh god those faces. They call the robots dolls but nothing looks more like a doll than those plastic characters with that awful lipsync.

- textures in the city look bad. Why include a ridiculous café in a space arc and then not even make it beautiful?

Effect

I'm not really that concerned about there only being one city. There are different civilizations in the game so obviously they have to have their own villages and/or cities. Will they be as huge (sprawling) as Neo LA though? Hard to say. They could be big and different in their own way. Those that have played Xeonblade Wii should know what I'm referring to.

I was a bit worried about there being 5 continent but then I thought more about it. That doesn't mean there won't be large dungeon like areas or even areas with in the sky. That cut scene with the alien ship over Neo LA was massive and imagine spending several hours within a ship of that size which itself could be it's own little world.

Silkworm

So I'm guessing after you build up your party to a certain level, a new main (?) conflict arises in those aliens on that big ship hovering over the city. I presume they are the same two aliens that are aggressively interacting with the party near the end of the video. I wonder if they originate from the planet or are the ones that were fighting near Earth and have followed them to this new planet. Also I wonder if the blue guy with horns might join the group. Ah well lots of questions that will be answered eventually when the game is out.

ironcreed

Banned
The diversity in each of these monster designs is insane

28_by_mcmemie-d8gvymt.gif

29_by_mcmemie-d8gvytb.gif

30_by_mcmemie-d8gvyza.gif

31_by_mcmemie-d8gvz1a.gif

32_by_mcmemie-d8gvzzn.gif

33_by_mcmemie-d8gvzsm.gif

The real 'Lost Planet.'

Diffense

Overall impressive but a few things annoy me:

- Earth is going to be destroyed and arcs are build to rescue a lucky few.
The precious space is then filled up by parks, malls,pizza places and luxury homes with pools. What? Seriously. What?

Have you seen the Ark ship? It absolutely dwarfs the Neo LA saucer that was attached to it.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...enshot2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140612022006

They probably didn't intend for the Ark to be destroyed so that survivors in stasis and the colony had to be jettisoned. From a story standpoint, it would seem that the city-saucer is a 'little piece of home' meant to be the initial settlement wherever they landed. All the people weren't packed into it.

There are two teories:

1) None, is just a new universe using sames concepts, mechanics even races of the previous game. Like the Final Fantasy series.

2) SPOILERS
It's the world (or Universe) created at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles.
but this one is not very popular...

I am more inclined for 1.

Thanks everyone for the multiple answers! :)

Tbh I was previously assuming that 2nd theory so good to know it's not fact possibly going in

Have you seen the Ark ship? It absolutely dwarfs the Neo LA saucer that was attached to it.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...enshot2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140612022006

They probably didn't intend for the Ark to be destroyed so that survivors in stasis and the colony had to be jettisoned. From a story standpoint, it would seem that the city-saucer is a 'little piece of home' meant to be the initial settlement wherever they landed. All the people weren't packed into it.

Hmm maybe.

jorgejjvr

Finally watching the whole thing. And again, I don't get it. I don't mind the characters. I actually like them. I could be bias because I loved xenoblade and it's characters and thought they were great. Plus I love and watch lots of anime. So I'm so used to this. If anything I love the anime look. I think they all look great

I'm really excited for this game since Xenoblade was my Game of the Gen last gen, but I have to be honest. I'm not feeling it (har har) as much as I was Xenoblade prior to release. Xenoblade's story felt a lot more personal with a lot of character interactions and you cared about them all (or at least I did). I'm not getting that all from what they've shown of the game. To be fair, they have focused on the gameplay which is totally fine (and looks awesome - love that world!), but I am a bit worried the story is going to take a back seat. And one of the main things I love about Takahashi games are the crazy stories. Hope they don't disappoint. I also see they brought back the "simple quests" from Xenoblade which is a shame. I'd have preferred they dropped those completely and just put that money into more thought out quests. Yes, I know they are optional, but it's still a bit annoying.

Again, I think the game looks amazing and is my most anticipated game currently, but I'm worried it won't have the same special feeling Xenoblade did for me.

jorgejjvr

I'm really excited for this game since Xenoblade was my Game of the Gen last gen, but I have to be honest. I'm not feeling it (har har) as much as I was Xenoblade prior to release. Xenoblade's story felt a lot more personal with a lot of character interactions and you cared about them all (or at least I did). I'm not getting that all from what they've shown of the game. To be fair, they have focused on the gameplay which is totally fine (and looks awesome - love that world!), but I am a bit worried the story is going to take a back seat. And one of the main things I love about Takahashi games are the crazy stories. Hope they don't disappoint. I also see they brought back the "simple quests" from Xenoblade which is a shame. I'd have preferred they dropped those completely and just put that money into more thought out quests. Yes, I know they are optional, but it's still a bit annoying.

Again, I think the game looks amazing and is my most anticipated game currently, but I'm worried it won't have the same special feeling Xenoblade did for me.
From information prior to release for xenoblade was bionis and mechonis. That's it, plus a big world. It didn't even hint to the craziness that lied ahead. I'm sure we've seen 0.1% of the game and they are not focusing on letting you know the story. This is the same developer, I expect another great story, and I'm glad it's not being spoiled

Here's my thoughts on the new quest system, on regular NPC quests that revolve around collection stuff, you see an auto-notification. I believe these to be the "generic" quests from Xenoblade. These seem not to require dialogue anymore, but rather you need to hear them to get them. The quest boards and the ones you talk with named residents for seem to be the "named quests" from Xenoblade.

Now the quest board is interesting, it's my understanding that it represents something quite like a guild request board and the quests will shift depending on the union you're affiliated with.

It's extremely nice to know that they took some of our concerns regarding the sidequests and have seems to revamp it. (I see surprise quests are back from Xenoblade as well)

From information prior to release for xenoblade was bionis and mechonis. That's it, plus a big world. It didn't even hint to the craziness that lied ahead. I'm sure we've seen 0.1% of the game and they are not focusing on letting you know the story. This is the same developer, I expect another great story, and I'm glad it's not being spoiled

I suppose you're right. I just want it in my hands now! :p :(

How does one even get a HQ dl of these things?

One more thing, in the OP it's not Open number 8, it's Open "Hatch" which sounds like "Hachi". Common mistake I'm sure.

Vinci

Danish
The scale and detail present in this is phenomenal. Like others, I hate the character designs and the voices, but the environments? God tier.

Alrus

Chrome not really liking all those gifs here :(

I'm so excited for this, I'm happy the Noppons are back and the world looks amazing. I'm going to miss Ace+ for the music though (not a big fan of Sawano's output), I'm still not sure anything will beat hearing Colony 9 for the first time.

Character models look terrible, nothing new from Monolithsoft so I don't really care about that.

Still feels like they've barely shown anything about the game, I can't wait to get more info on the combat and how the online is handled.

Edit: And yeah, Xenoblade 3D looks awful, I was on the fence about buying it but I don't think I'd be able to stand the graphics knowing how the original looked.

jorgejjvr

Looks revolting. If they had to compress it so much, why bother? I'll stick with my Wii copy, thanks.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, on the other hands, looks beautiful. I hope we here in North America don't have to wait too long.
Oh boy. Every video of 3ds gameplay looks like this. When you actually hold it in your hands it's going to look just like on the Wii or better. I also have it for Wii, and I've been looking to replay it. Can't wait to do so on my new 3ds, great way to wait for X. And the portability makes it better

Effect

Looks revolting. If they had to compress it so much, why bother? I'll stick with my Wii copy, thanks.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, on the other hands, looks beautiful. I hope we here in North America don't have to wait too long.

Seriously. I love Xenoblade on the Wii but it wasn't a game that should have been ported down to the 3DS. It already had visual issues on the Wii. There was only one direction it could have gone down when put on the 3DS. I'm not normally huge on graphics but knowing how it's suppose to look makes it hard for me to get on board with the 3DS version. Been like that from the start.

The only way I'd pick up the 3DS version is if the 3D effect in the game actually makes the game look better then what the trailers are showing. That's the deal breaker for me. Otherwise I'll just put my Wii copy back in. So I'm waiting for direct feed footage and screen shots to be put on the 3DS eShop.

As for XCX I'm still hoping they surprise us with a mid to late summer release for the game. Leaving the holidays to Star Fox, Zelda, Devil's Third (around the time Call of Duty releases since we won't be getting that), etc.

thefro

Yeah, it's really on the same track as Xenoblade in terms of what they're announcing... it won't be until the last couple trailers that we'll get some of the big story hooks spoiled.

Has there been any confirmation from Monolith Soft that this game will have a narrative structure similar to the first Xenoblade? Outside of the introductory cutscenes, I haven't seen a lot in the way of story cutscenes from most of the trailers Nintendo have been putting out lately.

Top Bottom