• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarbskoo

People whining about mute protags:

chronotrigger-sfc.jpg

There have been quite a few great JRPGs featuring protagonists that prefer to let others do the talking while under the player's control:
rHEZ5lo.png

I think there's still room for silent protagonists in RPGs, though it's impossible to say what kind of impact it'll have on this particular game until we can play it for ourselves.

DJIzana

There have been quite a few great JRPGs featuring protagonists that prefer to let others do the talking while under the player's control:
rHEZ5lo.png

I think there's still room for silent protagonists in RPGs, though it's impossible to say what kind of impact it'll have on this particular game until we can play it for ourselves.

Yet that image misses one of the best ones!

Ness_Sprite_EarthBound.gif

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
... I think this thread may have gotten off topic?

If nothing else this thread reminded me that I don't like silent protags, but also reminded me that Persona 3/4 has silent protags and I really liked those games. So we'll see what Xenoblade 2 does with it.

... I think this thread may have gotten off topic?

If nothing else this thread reminded me that I don't like silent protags, but also reminded me that Persona 3/4 has silent protags and I really liked those games. So we'll see what Xenoblade 2 does with it.

Xenoblade 2

Xenoblade TWO!

Urghhh...

Huh. So.... why do you care so much about a mute protagonist again?

I must admit, you really have thrown me for a loop here. I was under the impressionn from your posts that you didnt care at all about the game side of xenoblade, and thought adding a mute player controlled character would destroy Xenoblades story. Which I thought was really wierd, because Xenoblades story was never really structured like that at all (You could switch player characters freely, you could not even play as shulk for the 99% of the game), and X has.. well, characters. Its not that X is taking shulk and ripping out his character, its simply adding a player created character to the party.

You know exactly what xenoblade was about, and this one will be no different in that regaurd. The main draw will again be the game world.

If you want something to think about during the wait for X,try googling Monads and Monadology and revisitng what happens and what was said in Xenoblade.

I've said many times that it isn't the silent thing I am worried about, but the being completely customizable. There is a difference. Like every single one of the characters posted in the "good silent protagonists lolwtfpwned" pictures have still been set characters. Furthermore, being able to switch characters is irrelevant to what the game considers your character/the main character. As an example; Vaan is still your character in FF12 even if he is irrelevant and shoehorned into the story and even though you can switch around who you control.

Now remember, this has always also been just me saying things that are worrying me about the game from what we know, not me hating on the game before it even comes out. From the gameplay side of it the thing that has worried me from early on was the multiplayer stuff, and hoping that it doesn't take away from the single player aspects of the game. And now the DLC stuff worries me as well. There isn't a right or wrong about these things, just how they can possibly effect each of our individual enjoyment.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Idk why the multiplayer would have you worried about the singleplayer, just because big publishers have 3 hour campaigns where everything else is in multiplayer, that doesn't mean for some reason Xenoblade X is gonna end up like that, especially when it's MOnolithsoft, they aren't some company dedicated to online multiplayer, they make RPGs.

TheMoon

Idk why the multiplayer would have you worried about the singleplayer, just because big publishers have 3 hour campaigns where everything else is in multiplayer, that doesn't mean for some reason Xenoblade X is gonna end up like that, especially when it's MOnolithsoft, they aren't some company dedicated to online multiplayer, they make RPGs.

This has been going on since it was announced and we saw first hints of online. It's buzzword culture. You hear the buzzword, you project your worst fears into it based on unrelated experiences and there you go. That's how you end up with people running around like headless chicken yelling about how XenobladeX will be like Monster Hunter, lacking in story and whatnot.

Thanks to evanmisha in the Doll Direct thread, Sawano has uploaded a sample of the soundtrack on his youtube.

Just run this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra6uIBsvFsE&pxtry=3

through this website
http://japanwebproxy.com/

Edit: Oh it seems our good pal iyakku posted it on his channel as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMmE6bsl_c

How many vocal tracks does one game need? around the middle section it is just one vocal track after the next.

Makes me wonder what will the localizers will do with them, replace the vocals with instruments i hope?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I love MONOX. That's the first bombastic song we heard in the initial reveal I believe.

And to be honest, I think Black Tar is pretty sweet too. That shit is so 90's :)

LOL Black Tar is the codename for everyones favorite battle theme.

Makes me wonder what will the localizers will do with them, replace the vocals with instruments i hope?
Only if the lyrics are inappropriate* or they don't have rights to the singers**.
I hope the dub all the songs into Japanese

*-Chaotic Dance 2 in Baten Kaitos Origins is an example of this. The "praise the lord ... it isn't over yet" lyrics are replaced with "hey hey heeey ... swing your body" in the US version.
**-Tales of games where the JPOP openings either get replaced or vocal-less version. I remember when Tales of Phantasia GBA did this for the opening but left the NPC dog that plays the song intact...so a dog barking the lyrics was the first time that franchise had the song intact.

Ooooh there are songs with JPN vocals. Interested to see how they'll localize them. I wouldn't mind translated vocals. Then they can rerecord the songs with the awkward pronunciation as well. (◡‿◡✿)

Anyway the OST sounds spectacular. There are some really epic songs in there. Even though I skipped through it because it feels a bit spoilery. Usually I don't listen to an OST until after I finished a game.

Soriku

How many vocal tracks does one game need? around the middle section it is just one vocal track after the next.

Why would the localizers do anything with the OST? And as for the bolded...no.

LOL Black Tar is the codename for everyones favorite battle theme.

It's the best track. You know it to be true.

Lehow

Ooooh there are songs with JPN vocals.

Which songs are in japanese? I couldn't find them. Thera are four tracks in disc 3 with japanese names, but out of the three played they all appear to be mostly instrumental. On the other hand, tracks 13 and 14 from disc 1 are apparently sung in broken German!

TheMoon

You do know that localization has nothing to do with music, right? Everything will remain as is.

TheMoon

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/586530613894770688

Faster loading datapack for physical version are downloadable now.

Interesting, so you can basically download the stuff other games would install from the eShop instead?

Are they really fixing loading time before the game is even out ?

No, they're offering a solution to bring owners of the physical version up to the speed of those with the digital version, like they said they would.

Many of these tracks have multiple parts to them, and they highlighted many of the vocal aspects in this teaser since many people pay more attention to vocal tracks. Case in point, the third track EX.01 sounds like it's all vocal, but we actually heard this track in the battle direct [from 12:07-13:45] (https://youtu.be/E3l9Vp62KX4?t=12m7s), and the vocals only play for that short part in the teaser, the rest is intrumentals and it's pretty awesome.

Some tracks reminds me of Gundam Unicorn's OST, which is my favorite Sawano OST.

He composed this soundtrack right after finishing Gundam Unicorn. Worked on this for a large part of 2012 into 2013, and then worked on Attack on Titan after. I'm pretty confident this OST will be AMAZING overall.

Are they really fixing loading time before the game is even out ?

And yeah, this game is HUGE, and everything is seamless. To load that insane map all at once off a disc is insane, so they were thinking about ways to make faster load times. They're not FIXING anything, they're optimizing.

Voliko

Haven't been keeping up with the updates to not spoil too much. Is there seriously still no 2D character portraits/art on the site? Come on... I need to see that Tanaka goodness in all it's glory.

Which songs are in japanese? I couldn't find them. Thera are four tracks in disc 3 with japanese names, but out of the three played they all appear to be mostly instrumental. On the other hand, tracks 13 and 14 from disc 1 are apparently sung in broken German!

I thought 13 was Japanese oops. I saw the German title, but figured that was just to make it seem fancy. I can't really recognize the language, I just assumed Japanese due tot he j-pop sound lol. Eh, makes it less likely it'll get new vocals for the localization.

Vylash

rHEZ5lo.png

excuse me

Ys-Memories-of-Celceta-Cosplay-Adol-Christin-Cosplay-Wig-Version-01-2.jpg

TheMoon

I heard this game will have DLC you have to pay for, is that true? :( Certain quests you would have to buy...

Yes there will be DLC quests. No we won't know what they are. No they didn't cut out any content. Yes the game is still gonna overwhelm you with stuff to do. No you're not justified to panic. Great talk. :D

TheMoon

Well, I know, I just didn't expect that. We'll see, I guess.

The most likely scenario is that it's more Squad Quests/Missions. Because it makes sense to extend the online co-op aspects with additional content. After all, you'll want to be showing off your Lv 99 character with its end-game Doll rocking insane gear and put it to good use.

L~A

Tweets! Tweets everywhere!

[小島]「ドール・ネットワーク編」映像の補足ネタを2つ。ゲームをある程度進めると「スコード」の選択が可能になります。ソロプレイ向き、マルチプレイに参加したい人向きが選べます。フレンドの居るスコードに参加することもできます。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/587530505395970048

プレイヤーはオンライン時、一定の(ゲーム中)費用を払うことで所属するユニオンを変更することが可能です。成績の良いユニオンにちゃっかり鞍替えしても良し、自分の力で所属ユニオンの順位を上げるも良し。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/587530565219303424

1日1回支給されるユニオンサラリーの内容(保険切れドールの整備チケットなんていうのもあります)にも影響しますので、色々やってみてください。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/587530643199803392

Yes there will be DLC quests. No we won't know what they are. No they didn't cut out any content. Yes the game is still gonna overwhelm you with stuff to do. No you're not justified to panic. Great talk. :D

Has it been confirmed anywhere besides de wii u points card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom