• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They shipped my copy of RE7 today. Should have it tomorrow.

Damn .. every time someone talks about getting games early, it kills me on the inside :(

have fun man :p I'm gonna have to wait till 23rd for RE7 and hopefully Yakuza is a release-date delivery.

It's good to see the enthusiasm everyone has since we got a second chance with yakuza. I'm probably going to be doing free publicity for friends whenever they visit me.

SkylineRKR

I can pick it up right now. But I am into GR2 right now. Maybe going to wait until next week. But I probably end up with the game tomorrow, lol.

GHG

Gold Member
Just went to a store to a see if they had any early copies of this game and this is how the exchange went:

Me: "Have you got yakuza for PS4 yet?"
Store guy: "What's a Yakuza?"

I'll take that as a no then :(

Just went to a store to a see if they had any early copies of this game and this is how the exchange went:

Me: "Have you got yakuza for PS4 yet?"
Store guy: "What's a Yakuza?"

I'll take that as a no then :(

I can see this happening in EVERY store in my country :(

Shari

I said in the cock-manager thread that the dialogue alone sold me on the game, and I like to deliver:

hTCjDDM.jpg

Also, Jim sterling being absolutely delighted with the game being his first Yakuza (just like my case) convinced me completely.

My hype right now is going through the roof, hold me, gaf.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
man my copy has been paid off for six months AND i bought a copy for a friend where's my early Y0 :(

very jealous of y'all

SOLDIER

Don't suppose they said anything about patching out the screen tearing?

The game would look flawlessly if it wasn't for that.

People whine constantly about frame-pacing, but screen tearing is my pet peeve.

Tizoc

I mever noticed any screen tearing :eek:

SOLDIER

I mever noticed any screen tearing :eek:

It seems the most apparent when there's lots of neon lights, but it's also hard not to notice as it's the first thing you see when you've got control in the game.

Also, while I don't mind it much, it is odd that they have like three separate framing devices for cutscenes:

1. High quality cutscenes with detailed models (pre-rendered?) at 30 fps

2. Less detailed cutscenes at 60 fps

3. Comic panel-style cutscenes where characters are stationary and don't move their mouths, but still emote (?)

The third one feels out of place and unnecessary.

takoyaki

If they didn't fix in the two year between the original release and now, a patch probably won't happen. It's my pet peeve as well and I remember it from the Japanese version.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but strange since Ishin didn't have any screen tearing and the graphically much more ambitious Y6 didn't have it either.

Hasney

Should get mine tomorrow. Going to stream it as although I don't get a big audience, it'll be cool if even one person stumbles on it and buys it.

If they didn't fix in the two year between the original release and now, a patch probably won't happen. It's my pet peeve as well and I remember it from the Japanese version.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but strange since Ishin didn't have any screen tearing and the graphically much more ambitious Y6 didn't have it either.

6 has screen tearing in spades if you play it on a base PS4, way worse than 0 or Kiwami. If you play 6 on a PS4 Pro it has no screen tearing what so ever (at least I've seen none in my 60+ hours of game time).

I'm not that familiar with why screen tearing happens, but I always assumed that Ishin had no issues due to it having a smaller/simpler design of its town/hub areas. Kiwami and 0 have larger/more crowded areas with huge building and lots of crap going on, with Ishin mainly just having small one/two story buildings. I might be way off on this though.

takoyaki

6 has screen tearing in spades if you play it on a base PS4, way worse than 0 or Kiwami. If you play 6 on a PS4 Pro it has no screen tearing what so ever (at least I've seen none in my 60+ hours of game time).

I'm not that familiar with why screen tearing happens, but I always assumed that Ishin had no issues due to it having a smaller/simpler design of its town/hub areas. Kiwami and 0 have larger/more crowded areas with huge building and lots of crap going on, with Ishin mainly just having small one/two story buildings. I might be way off on this though.

Yeah, I played 6 on a Pro and was pretty blown away by how good the game looked. Didn't know about the problems on Standard PS4 though, thought the only difference was the lower resolution/aliasing.

And you're probably right, Zero has more complex geometry than Isin and the neon lighting looks amazing but probably contributes as well. And of course the 60fps when compared to Y6.

StereoVsn

I should have said I'm expecting that to be the life time sales :p

200k first week sales and you can bet Sega will completely reassemble their franchise priorities and Yakuza would be set towards the top of the pack. I expect something modest like 40k launch sales in the West. If NPD leaks happen it's going to be interesting to see how Yakuza 0 manages.

I am hoping for 100K first week. 200K would be damn good for this one. Let's go Sega! I think there is a lot more positive hype about this game then any Yakuza game before.

Oh god you're right.

And KH 1.5+2.5.

My wallet is NEVER surviving.

I hate it, I've been having nothing to play for months and all those amazing games come out at the same time. T.T

Oh awesome.

Cause Sony changed their policy and my card doesn't work anymore on the psn store.

I just buy PSN cards from Amazon...or from Sony rewards site (funny enough my credit card works there). It's much simpler. I don't normally buy codes from Amazon directly. As for the games, I am getting GR2, Yakuza 0 and P5, the rest can wait.

B00TE

Expected Delivery
Monday, January 23, 2017

Best Buy really pulling through for me in terms of getting things early, god damn. Can't wait to jump back in.

JJShadow

Ordered with TGC an hour ago and my copy has just been dispatched, should be here tomorrow.

My body is fucking ready for my first Yakuza

Yeah, I played 6 on a Pro and was pretty blown away by how good the game looked. Didn't know about the problems on Standard PS4 though, thought the only difference was the lower resolution/aliasing.

And you're probably right, Zero has more complex geometry than Isin and the neon lighting looks amazing but probably contributes as well. And of course the 60fps when compared to Y6.

Yeah, Kamuracho at night on 6 continues to blow my mind, its so darn pretty! Its a pity that the main story mainly takes place either during the day, or in Hiroshima so you get few opportunities to experience it, which is why I pretty much have the game set to "night time" on my premium adventure playthrough just to soak up all the atmosphere!

TimmiT

Unprecedented demand, or they didn't ship in enough copies?, or a little from column A and a little from column B

Probably little bit of both. It's not the first time Sega Europe underestimated demand by a long shot. The Sonic Mania Collector's Edition sold out within a day.

Unprecedented demand, or they didn't ship in enough copies?, or a little from column A and a little from column B

I'd say a bit of both. It was sitting in the top 10 PS4 list on Amazon yesterday so it must be doing well(ish) to be up there in the chart, yet at the same time it seems very probable that it got a smaller print run since the series has never sold all that amazingly before. Frankly if it turns up in the top 20 UK chart a week after release I'd say that's a victory in itself.

Backflip

Quick question for those of you who already received the physical version of the game: how is the instruction booklet? My review copy came with a standard CD case so I plan on putting the game inside a regular PS4 box and printing the cover. But what will I be missing?

man my copy has been paid off for six months AND i bought a copy for a friend where's my early Y0 :(

very jealous of y'all

i switched my order from amazon to bestbuy right after you 6 months ago the moment pre-orders opened.

then i did the visa 25-100 and did in-store pick up so i'm waiting for Tuesday.

datwr

I didnt get it early today :(
But no worries, bought Yakuza 3 used yesterday :)
So Im set for the weekend!

It even had a music cd included, and a proper manual, a Swedish manual! (a bit of it atleast)
Those were the time, proper manuals and Nordic localisation.

EDIT:
image.php

Top Bottom