• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 2 to get PAL release.

Almyn said:
I just bought Yakuza today, And was planing on playing it on my ps3.Does the crash happen randomly or in the same place each time?

I'd prefer not to have to put my ps2 back up, But it seems i'll probably have to now :(

The exact spot everytime,Escape from the funeral.

I think its about two hours in.

Yasser

sega <3 i can only hope this means they have every intention of bringing yakuza 3 here, and pretty fast (valkyrie of the battlefield is coming end of this year, so Q1 next year?)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Blablurn said:
The whole thread reminds me of this

http://i31.tinypic.com/2jahk07.jpg (maybe NSFW)

But anyway - It's a good move from SEGA. Hopefully they are going to sell as a Budget-Title.

For instance 40€ would be too much for me :(

Do not worry, given the bright business people over here (judging by their PSP budget release prices) it will be 49€... :(.

I wonder if they couldn't get by SCEA to approve JP VA only so they could only release it in Europe.

I suppose NA announcement should be coming really soon if thats NOT the case, but if we don't hear anything soon...

Hey, can I play thru Yakuza 2 without actually finishing the first one? Like, do I need to know the whole storyline?

And yes, JP voices or bust.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I wonder if they couldn't get by SCEA to approve JP VA only so they could only release it in Europe.

i did assume the same in another thread, but lets hope not. wichever region gets this first isnt a concern to me, ill be getting either.

its about time:

vhxbew.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
DOBERMAN INC said:
The exact spot everytime,Escape from the funeral.

I think its about two hours in.

Sorry, but is this for all PS3s? Does software emu or hardware emu make a difference?

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Hey, can I play thru Yakuza 2 without actually finishing the first one? Like, do I need to know the whole storyline?

And yes, JP voices or bust.

you should play the first. its worth it.

FlyinJ said:
Sorry, but is this for all PS3s? Does software emu or hardware emu make a difference?

I played through the game on my 60 gig PS3, and I never experienced any sort of crashing issue at all...

Almyn said:
I just bought Yakuza today, And was planing on playing it on my ps3.Does the crash happen randomly or in the same place each time?

I'd prefer not to have to put my ps2 back up, But it seems i'll probably have to now :(

I don't know about NTSC, but on PAL PS3's the game used to lock up consistently in the 3rd mission when trying to escape the funeral. But somewhere around 1.90 or so it was fixed up. I still had intermittent freezes when entering some battles when playing through the game on maybe about firmware 2.0 or so but I could always reset and continue on. I completed the game from start to finish on the PS3, so if you're in PAL land just start playing and save frequently.

Pachael said:
Okay, doesn't really matter - there's a story recap at the beginning of Yakuza 2 which will take you through the events of Yakuza 1.

like shenmue 2, that track playing while you get the recap is so awesome.

Top Bottom