• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

Social

the game is not hard at all, you're not playing right if you hit a part that you can't pass. Sure, it can happen a few times for a little bit but not for long. Level up some A and S yokai, add friends to get spirit, it shouldn't take long to continue.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did a few cranks and scored Jibanyan A, Damona, Bruff, Sandi, and a few other dupes. Pretty happy with that. Got my Jibanyan S and leveled my Sapphinyan a bit, too.

Also, I need a decent healer. Is Nurse Tongus worth leveling/skilling up? And are the other "class" exclusive Yo-kai any good?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I only have two Event Missions left. This felt way easier than the Dracunyan event.

watershed

Banned
That seems unusual. I don't remember any difficulty walls at all. Where are you? What's your team?

Unfortunately I already uninstalled it. No worries though, it was fun while it lasted. If anything, this game showed me that Yokai Watch as an IP works very well on mobile and I could imagine an even more robust, closer to the mainline, Yokai Watch game being better on mobile than on the 3ds. The whole presentation and gameplay are very slick. Just add in the story, cut scenes, more systems depth and you've got a great Yokai Watch game.

Chopper

Unfortunately I already uninstalled it. No worries though, it was fun while it lasted. If anything, this game showed me that Yokai Watch as an IP works very well on mobile and I could imagine an even more robust, closer to the mainline, Yokai Watch game being better on mobile than on the 3ds. The whole presentation and gameplay are very slick. Just add in the story, cut scenes, more systems depth and you've got a great Yokai Watch game.
I'm pleased you enjoyed it. And I absolutely agree.

In fact, I prefer Wibble Wobble to the mainline game (I've only played the first), and think it lends itself to the mobile platform amazingly well. I would, in fact, argue that it is one of the best mobile games I've ever played.

I agree that Wibble Wobble is the best mobile game and better than the 3DS game, but there's room for both, I think that a full adventure game fits the 3DS better.

BatDan

Both games are great, and I'm hyped for YW2 in September.

And someday, we'll get Busters. I hope...

I don't think they'll expand the story in the mobile game, I think there is intentionally no story so that players seek for more things to do with Yo-kai Watch, leading them to play the 3DS games.

I only like the mobile game better since I'm able to get more yokai. Lol. I know the befriend system isn't so bad in the second game so I'm looking forward to that .

watershed

Banned
Just talking about this game makes me want to replay it, but I already lost all my data. Any tips if I do decide to start over? I don't remember where I got stuck. Maybe my Yokai just weren't the right combo or weren't strong enough? I never did any fusions.

Edit: Here's my player code for anyone looking to add. 8fvtkndm

BatDan

Season 2 trailer if anyone is interested, the story is directly tied to YW2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ETCa-ARbwk

I think Level-5 will do a quick port from 3DS to NX, just like they did with Inazuma Eleven.

Anyway, at least we have the minigame in YW2, even if it's local only.

That last segment is from the movie, that's more directly related to the YW2 game.
Still hate that American theme, what is this 4Kids shit?

And yeah, I imagine they might port Busters and YW3 to the next-gen handheld.

BatDan

Double post but I don't care, I just got Mynimo!
Gave him a Level 4 candy and used Dandoodle three times. Yes! Never have to do those battles again.
I guess all my future medals will go towards the special avatars and titles.

They really should offer an easier way to get Mynimo.

Oh, and this completes the Shady Tribe for me. Nice!

Double post but I don't care, I just got Mynimo!
Gave him a Level 4 candy and used Dandoodle three times. Yes! Never have to do those battles again.
I guess all my future medals will go towards the special avatars and titles.

They really should offer an easier way to get Mynimo.

Oh, and this completes the Shady Tribe for me. Nice!

What makes Mynimo so hard to get?

BatDan

What makes Mynimo so hard to get?

You can only get him with Medal Points, which are only obtained by scanning in real Yo-Kai Watch medals. Each medal only gives 10 points (though there's an event going on where specific medals award more). You have three things to spend the points on, new avatars, new titles, or a battle. Spend 5 points on the battle for a CHANCE to encounter Mynimo. Yeah, only a chance as it's randomized between a bunch of different types of battles (they do repeat so I think there's like 15 or so in total).

So much like Auntie Heart or Statiking, half the "fun" is just getting him to show up.

Yeah, this guy.
How did you get him without doing that? I've heard he was in the Crank-a-Kai during the Easter Event but I never got him there.

I guess I got him through there, because I own zero actual medals and never opened that part of the app. Weird I just thought he was just a rare encounter or something. Guess I got real lucky with that .

I can continue my impossible mission of trying to get the glacial clip from Auntie Heart, since I finished all the 4th missions. D:

Chopper

Is Mynimo the only medal "exclusive"? This is the first time I've ever heard of him, and I have no intention of buying medals... :/

BatDan

Is Mynimo the only medal "exclusive"? This is the first time I've ever heard of him, and I have no intention of buying medals... :/

Thankfully he's the only one.
He's the last slot on the Shady pages, next to Dracunyan.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't see myself collecting the medals since they're blind draw and (probably) quite expensive to collect. I want to play the 3DS game, so I guess they could be useful there? But the chance to see and chance to catch a rare Yo-kai doesn't sound fun.

E: Purged a few people off of my friend's list. Have 2 spots open. pah8e8rj I desperately need people who actually send spirit still.

BatDan

*does a 3000 Y-Money pull* *gets Komasan A* Yeah! Eat it Fourth of July coins!
Better go befriend a regular Komasan in case I get another A Rank.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
So how do you progress in the game if the level cap is 50? I'm in the 40s now and can't beat level 43 Zerberker in sewer F. I have 2 S ranks but can't seem to get any more. Help!!

BatDan

Well, just beat every Fourth of July Event Mission. Meaning I only have three Fourth of July Coins left from the Login Stamps. I'm probably going to get a lot of crap. So much for Jibanyan A/S for free.

So how do you progress in the game if the level cap is 50? I'm in the 40s now and can't beat level 43 Zerberker in sewer F. I have 2 S ranks but can't seem to get any more. Help!!

Keep leveling until your S-Ranks are max. You don't have to beat Zerberker to progress anyway, come back when you're much stronger.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Keep leveling until your S-Ranks are max. You don't have to beat Zerberker to progress anyway, come back when you're much stronger.
Hmm, so I'm getting really frustrated not being able to get by stage 183 I think it is. I'm tired of grinding for y-money to try for better ranks in the crankakai and/or more spirit. I just feel like I've hit a wall since 50 doesn't seem good enough for a party with only two S-ranks. I'm just annoyed right now. Time for a break maybe unless anyone knows of better ways to get money or better chances to get more S-ranks. 😩

Chopper

Hmm, so I'm getting really frustrated not being able to get by stage 183 I think it is. I'm tired of grinding for y-money to try for better ranks in the crankakai and/or more spirit. I just feel like I've hit a wall since 50 doesn't seem good enough for a party with only two S-ranks. I'm just annoyed right now. Time for a break maybe unless anyone knows of better ways to get money or better chances to get more S-ranks. 😩
I swear Shogunyan was my only S-rank until the end-game. I don't think I ever used the 3000y Crank-a-Kai until I'd finished either. Presumably you have a bit of cash. Don't be afraid to spend 500y every now and again in order to complete stages that are blocking your path.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Could it be your team comp? I finished everything with my old team before I lost my account...2 S-ranks total. But one of them was a healer, ha. But still - I felt like my team comp was more important than max levels. Nothing I had was over rank 45.

BatDan

Been grinding on the Crank-a-Kai B-Ranks Soultimates in order to get them out of the machine. I've managed to max out Rhinoggin and Goruma, still have Alloo, Contraioni, Copperlead and Cynake.
I don't really want to grind on Beetler and Timidevil in case I get their fusion items and increase those Soultimates and I'd start back at square one.

For the record, it takes 34 extra befriends to max out Soultimate levels. 12 of those are to get from Level 6 to 7. Which is why it's super annoying that Soul Secrets aren't more common, especially for Legendary Yo-Kai or the Gemnyans. I know making them more accessible would "break" the game, but still...

I hope we get the Terror Time event once the Fourth of July stuff ends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got trolled by the crank (in a great way). When I have special coins to use, I tend to do a money pull after I'm done. A gray capsule comes out and I figured it would be an item...Nope! It was Cruncha!

Chopper

Got trolled by the crank (in a great way). When I have special coins to use, I tend to do a money pull after I'm done. A gray capsule comes out and I figured it would be an item...Nope! It was Cruncha!
Nice. Congrats. He's a beast.

Stiiiiiiill grinding for Shadow Venoct.

I had one of those once, but nice get. I still need that one .

Finally got Jibanyan A from the log in 4th coin today, can make Jibanyan S and bring my total of needed yokai down to 6. Well for the ones you can get without paying anyway. lol

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Sooooo close to Dandoodle, I just have to send a ton of spirit. :-/ Anyone who isn't friends with my gf and I already can sign up for lots of free spirit!! :)

7g527ymw
qtb7q5g3

Reallllly want some good Crank luck, but so far no S rank Jibanyan or Komasan with coins or money.

BatDan

My last Fourth of July coin.
*inserts coin*
*gets Enefly*

... This event was a waste.

When are we going to get a real event? We should have gotten the Terror Time event with recruitable Orcanos and the Momotaro Nyans by now.

BatDan

Managed to max out Alloo's Soultimate. Even at 7, it's completely worthless.
Working on Copperlead, not having as much luck. May consider shifting focus to farming Shards of Evil from Zerberker.

Err.. The event missions have disappeared?

They were only until July 4th.

Cruncha is the only one I'm missing then I would have all the legends. I think I need to trade games with Sammy, I got 3 Skreeks in the past week.

Cruncha is the only one I'm missing then I would have all the legends. I think I need to trade games with Sammy, I got 3 Skreeks in the past week.
After the event was over, I went from 30k to 400 coins and no Skreek.

Very frustrating.

And I have been playing WW since launch too.

Whenever I hit a wall, this is my team, they are just really good together:

Screenshot_2016-07-05-10-45-31.png

BatDan

Is that a purple Blizzaria?!

Yep, that's Damona.
She's Crank-a-Kai exclusive. Her max attack isn't as good but her max HP is insanely high (733). Her Soultimate is a re-arranger similar to Mircle.

vibbon

Neo Member
I fell off this game super hard last week because I earned about 15 of those damn 4th of July coins and got nothing higher than Rank-C. Meanwhile, my girlfriend got an A-rank Komasan on her second pull. He's my favorite Yo-Kai... ;w;

^This is also why I fell off the 3DS game. I have the worst luck with digital gacha...

Top Bottom