• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got Hovernyan after two Sir Berus pulls in a row. Just got Darknyan left. Kind of annoying this movie event is only until next Sunday.
The bright side (pun not intended) is that Illuminoct is around for a month.

Chopper

Got Hovernyan after two Sir Berus pulls in a row. Just got Darknyan left. Kind of annoying this movie event is only until next Sunday.
The bright side (pun not intended) is that Illuminoct is around for a month.
As long as I get Darknyan before then, that's a good thing for me. I'm bored of these Hovernyans and Buchinyans taking up valuable spots in the Crank. I'm this close to maxing my A-ranks.

Got a couple of Soul Secrets this morning thanks to Score Attack, so I was finally able to get my Komashura up to level 5. Averaging 1,300 per Massiface now.

Also, Daiz is now available as a rare encounter in Infinite Inferno. I encountered him once in about 30 tries. Didn't catch him.

Got my first G coin today and pulled Blizzaria (new) so that was nice. Still no sign of Hovernyan, Darknyan or Illuminoct however, I guess my luck is gone after pulling Darkyubi last week.

If it was a grey ball, it would have turned into a gold ball, and it could be an S-rank. You don't get grey balls from Y-money pulls unless they're fake-outs.

Also, just got Darknyan. Feels good man.
Are you 100% sure? I have got tons of gray balls from money pulls. Or maybe I used coins. You got me confused now.

I know that gray balls can turn gold but that has never happened to me.

Chopper

Are you 100% sure? I have got tons of gray balls from money pulls. Or maybe I used coins. You got me confused now.

I know that gray balls can turn gold but that has never happened to me.
100% sure. Y-money pulls only yield B, A or S Rank Yokai.

Edit: Got Illuminoct. Sick.

Edit: 200 days got me a Special Coin and I finally pulled Snartle! Just Daiz to catch, and I'll have all the freely available yokai for the first time!

BatDan

Tomorrow is the end of the movie event. Still no Darknyan... might lose him like Darkyubi. Hoping they reappear in the future.

I just got Illuminoct though. He's pretty cool looking.

I've actually made a lot of progress on clearing the Crank-a-Kai.
The only A-Ranks I have left are Skreek, Sir Berus, Insomni, Jibanyan A, and Komasan A.

EDIT: Added you ShadowElliot.

BatDan

Movie event over. Didn't get Darknyan...

New event is Halloween. Dracunyan is back and is now in the Crank-a-Kai. As well as all new Yo-Kai Whismellowman, the first SS Rank in the game (SS Rank is exclusive to Wibble Wobble). Whismellow's presence does make me optimistic we'll get the Blasters spin-off in the future (even if it's a Nintendo Switch port)

Also, Infinite Inferno Circles 3 and 4 have been quietly added.

And in another interesting note. One of the event mission prizes is a Donut. Donuts were added to Wibble Wobble with the Merican Yo-Kai from YW3. Hmmmm

BatDan

Why won't you get it? It's a score attack reward.

Ah right, forgot to mention this.
Yeah, Whismellowman is the Score Attack Boss of the week. Instead of a Light-Blue coin, he comes with Halloween coins. Grand prize being 7 Halloween Coins along with 3 Whismellowmen and 3 Soul Secrets.
Even if you don't get the top 250 needed, you can still get a good number of Halloween Coins. They offer Dracunyan and Whismellowman.

Chopper

Ah right, forgot to mention this.
Yeah, Whismellowman is the Score Attack Boss of the week. Instead of a Light-Blue coin, he comes with Halloween coins. Grand prize being 7 Halloween Coins along with 3 Whismellowmen and 3 Soul Secrets.
Even if you don't get the top 250 needed, you can still get a good number of Halloween Coins. They offer Dracunyan and Whismellowman.
Halloween coins also grant random (in my experience) A-ranks. So you're not guarenteed either of them. Ecliptor is currently sat in the top 60 in Score Attack, though, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

I got 5 Soul Secrets today, which I'm very happy about. Two score attack rewards, one mission reward and two from the Infinite Inferno bosses. Two weeks amd I'll have a level 6 Komashura!

BatDan

Got all three Halloween coins from the missions.
I got two more Dracunyans and a Sandi.

Apparently Cynake is also part of it (good thing I maxed him out)

In terms of Crank-a-Kai maxing, I only have 5 more Skreeks and 14 more Insomnis. I expect to see a lot them (and Dracunyan)

Chopper

In terms of Crank-a-Kai maxing, I only have 5 more Skreeks and 14 more Insomnis. I expect to see a lot them (and Dracunyan)
Nice. Is that all? I've taken a bit of a breather on grinding for coins the last few days. A week or two should be all the time I need to finish my A-ranks though. Although some of my S-Ranks are only, like, level 2.

Do we have an updated list of all yokais in the game, where they can be found and what soultimate moves they have?

I'm asking because I want to know what yokais have the boost score move.

BatDan

Do we have an updated list of all yokais in the game, where they can be found and what soultimate moves they have?

I'm asking because I want to know what yokais have the boost score move.

I might put together a list, but to make things easier:

Score Boosters:
Sgt. Burly (Second Best)
Elder Bloom (THE Best)
Wiglin
Steppa

Attack Boosters:
Siro (Second Best)
Moximous N (also restores HP)
Mad Mountain
Lava Lord
Beelzebold (THE Best)
Papa Windbag

I might put together a list, but to make things easier:

Score Boosters:
Sgt. Burly (Second Best)
Elder Bloom (THE Best)
Wiglin
Steppa

Attack Boosters:
Siro (Second Best)
Moximous N (also restores HP)
Mad Mountain
Lava Lord
Beelzebold (THE Best)
Papa Windbag

Please do! Maybe a collaborative Google Sheets?

Thanks for the list, I think I'm gonna stick to Sgt. Burly.

BatDan

Got in the Top 250 of Score Attack and scored a Whismellowman. Shame that his Soultimate sucks (same as Beetall).
This week is back to Shadow Venoct.

We're also getting a new event tomorrow.

Chopper

Yeah, got my Whismallowman too. Also maxed Siro and got another Soul Secret this morning with the cash I got from score attack.

For the first time ever I scored more than 1 million! I think I ranked at 1200.

I also got Skreek woooooooo! Finally unlocked Shampoodle! Very happy.

BatDan

Update time!
Harrisville has been added, along with Divine Paradise Floor 2.
7 new Yo-Kai have been added. Three Mysterious, one Heartful, and three Wicked. As well as one new boss.

There's also Double S-Ranks and Illuminoct in the Crank-a-Kai for a couple days.

EDIT: One of the new Yo-Kai is Smogling, who rarely shows up in 214 and 221. Favorite Food is Sweet Things.
To unlock the first Hidden Stage, create a Size 30 or greater Wib Wob in Stage 212.
To unlock the second, beat Stage 223 with Mirapo.

60 cranks so far on this double drop event, only got one S (Damona) and 2 soul secrets. No sign of illuminoct. :(

I did finally get Peppillon last week however so that was nice.

BatDan

Finally befriended Unkaind! I guess all I'll do now is gather up money for whatever Crank-a-Kai additions they add.

Unkaind is a healer. What a waste...

EDIT: Added you ShadowElliot.

Thank you :) So far, I have 4 other players to send spirits to!

Also, the Boss in 183 is tough! I guess I'll keep leveling up my Yo-Kai in the meantime. And the Crank-A-Kai is very unfair. I spent over 15k coins and got the same B-Rank Yo-Kai over and over again.

Chopper

Finally befriended Unkaind! I guess all I'll do now is gather up money for whatever Crank-a-Kai additions they add.

Unkaind is a healer. What a waste...
Good work. I gave up on her. Will get to it eventually. I still aren't caught Daiz or the other new rare Yokai. I've been a bit lazy on the new stuff, whilst concentrating on grinding Sgt. Burly. I'm this close to bagging 1,500 Y-money per Massiface run.

Chopper

Looks like we'll be getting a repeat of the Boss-catching event, which I'm grateful for seeing as I missed Snaggerjag S.

I farmed over 1 million Y-Money during these 2 weeks without getting illuminoct (or Cruncha), this game is too cruel. As a side effect, my B's are almost maxed out now (4 left) and my A's are getting there (~100 left, excluding Jibanyan and Komasan A).

Glad to see the boss event again, however. Last time it started about a week after I made this account and all I managed out of it was one Sproink S and one Slimamander S. Hopefully the event lasts 2+ weeks so that I can try to max their soultimates.

Edit: I got illuminoct! And according to reddit, we're not getting the boss event on wednesday but something new (supposedly contacted support).

BatDan

New content time! Quite a lot.

Two permanent additions to the Crank-a-Kai with Demuncher and Kingmera. Demuncher is by far the strongest direct single attacker right now, making him useful for Score Attack. Not sure what Kingmera can do.

With the addition of Demuncher comes a new Legendary Yo-kai. If you manage to pull him, along with befriending Predictabull, Mermaidyn, Faux Kappa, Miradox, and Smogmella, you will unlock Spoilerina. Like Moximous N, she can boost attack and heal you. At a maxed out Soultimate, her attack boost is said to be stronger than Beelzebold's.

Darkyubi is back! This time available until December 4th.

Befriend a Boss is back! Seems that it's inclusion wasn't an error. Silmmander, SV Snaggerjag, and Sproink can all be befriended again, and their S-Rank Parts are in the Crank-a-Kai. If you managed to snag Darkyubi, using him would increase befriending rate of the bosses. This is also available until December 4th
Like last time, there's a point exchange. You can win a Mermaid Pearl for 750 Points if you haven't gotten it from Cap'n Crash yet. As well as a Five-Star Coin for 300 and a Soul Secrets for 1000.

Also, Blizzaria and Beetall are in the Crank-a-Kai.

Got lucky with a Demuncher on my 12th pull and unlocked Spoilerina but ...

At a maxed out Soultimate, her attack boost is said to be stronger than Beelzebold's.

... this ended up being wrong. While her description does state high numbers (107 at lvl 7 vs 100 for Beelzebold) after testing it turns out her boost is lower than Beelzebold and even lower than Siro/Moximous N. I only used one soul secrets on her so it wasn't a big deal but I know some people who used 34 and were bummed out to know her description was wrong/misleading.

BatDan

Managed to get Darkyubi, and Demuncher. Unlocked Spoilerina too.

Now if only they'll bring back Watermelnyan and Darknyan.

Anyone notice the S-Rank Charming listed after Spoilerina? I would think it's another Yo-Kai Watch Blasters boss (like Whismellowman) but it's only an S-Rank. Those bosses tend to be SS-Rank in Wibble Wobble. At least going by Rubeus J and Mighty Dog and Prison Breaker.

EDIT: So I checked the YW Wiki, which lists the available WibWobs even in Japan. 465 might be
Komajiro S
. Strange since there's no 464 for
Komajiro A

Got lucky with a Demuncher on my 12th pull and unlocked Spoilerina but ...

... this ended up being wrong. While her description does state high numbers (107 at lvl 7 vs 100 for Beelzebold) after testing it turns out her boost is lower than Beelzebold and even lower than Siro/Moximous N. I only used one soul secrets on her so it wasn't a big deal but I know some people who used 34 and were bummed out to know her description was wrong/misleading.

Yeah I read that too. I guess it would make her too OP if she ended up better than Beelzebold and could heal you.

Chopper

My first pull of the day bagged me Snaggerjag SV parts! So lucky considering I missed them last time. If I get my hands on Darkyubi, I'll be all up to date!

BatDan

New update: Infinite Inferno Circles 5 and 6 are available now. More tough enemies and two new bosses (Dr. Nogut and Spooklunk)

BatDan

Thanksgiving event is live. Komajiro S is available with Thanksgiving Coins.
Thanksgiving Coins are basically 3000 Y-Money pulls as I snagged five and got 3 Exp Orbs, a Jibanyan A, and Eterna.

... I hope Komajiro S will be available in the future.

Chopper

Got my Komajiro S on my third coin. Also maxed Cuttincheez in the process. Result.

Still haven't got Darkyubi though. :/

BatDan

There's a free coin being offered.
For iPhone users go here to enter the below code
For Android users go to "Secret Word" in the Settings menu.

The code is: XXXXJIBANYANXXXX

I think it's the same as a Five-Star Coin. But I managed to get Komajiro S from it so it's useful.

EDIT: Obtained all the Thanksgiving Coins. The final one gave me a second Komajiro S.
I think you're guaranteed a Komajiro S if you collect all 11 coins.

I have heard that Komajiro S is even better than Beelzebold. The maxed out Soultimate is the same, but K has higher attack and HP.

No, Komajiro S isn't guaranteed. Some of the top score attack players didn't manage to get him, even with a fully max crank. It really sucks for people who compete for the top 10 every week to be kicked out just because of an unfair event. The reddit/discord community is trying to make NHN add him to the 3000y crank-a-kai so that everyone has a fair chance to get him.

Chopper

No, Komajiro S isn't guaranteed. Some of the top score attack players didn't manage to get him, even with a fully max crank. It really sucks for people who compete for the top 10 every week to be kicked out just because of an unfair event. The reddit/discord community is trying to make NHN add him to the 3000y crank-a-kai so that everyone has a fair chance to get him.
The uproar is a little sad, in my opinion. Komajiro S will come back. The event Yokai always do. These people need to suck it up.

BatDan

Another free coin.

Today's code is NATELOVESCHICKEN

I got another Sandi from it. Only 20 of her left.

Top Bottom