• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Back to boring Score Attack bosses, this week is Count Cavity. At least the Blue Coin G's have a chance of getting Beelzebold or Nul (both useful for Score Attack)
At least I got Hardy Hound.
No Sailornyan though....
So excluding the Real Money Yo-kai, I'm missing Sailornyan, Watermelnyan, Oranyan, and Darknyan. I hope there's a big "Cat Extravaganza" where all the Event Nyans are in the Crank-a-Kai.

The new event should be tomorrow. Yeah, kind of weird it's on a Tuesday but whatever.

Ecliptor

After missing Kyubi Awoken, I accepted the fact that my collection will be forever incomplete and now I don't even get mad anymore. I haven't even befriended all the yokai that you can get in the latest maps (Stupid Smogling doesn't want to be my friend).

BatDan

New updates!

Flat Top Plains map is now available. Along with quite a few new Yo-kai
To unlock the first hidden stage, beat Stage 234 with Faux Kappa
To unlock the second, clear Stage 250 with a Combo of 50 or more.
Confuze is a rare Yo-kai found in Stage 243.

New Normal Missions are available. They're star and Medallium related so get to grinding. Plenty of good stuff in there.

Also Kyryn is in the Crank-a-Kai, and he looks like a permanent addition.

Chopper

I spent like 60 spirits in stage 243 and saw nothing -_-
Yeah, he's an elusive little fucker. Saw him once in about the same sort of time. Keep going!

Edit: Managed to befriend all of the new Yokai. It's been a good day today. Between that, levelling Elder Bloom to 6 and FINALLY upgrading my watch, I'm happy.

BatDan

Only one of the new ones I'm missing now is Untidy. It's annoying to keep buying Marbled Beef (I used to have a ton but I spent a lot of it on Gargaros).

Also, the poor localization strikes again. That's not Appak, that's Supyo.
We were also meant to get a mission that involves getting Appak. They're being weird again.

BatDan

I noticed you got the "Wibbly" title. Did you end up getting all the holiday coin exclusive Yokai?

No...
I've been bad...
I have the Gemnyans.

When I mentioned "besides the Real Money one" I meant the ones I don't have.

Chopper

Fruitnyans are back! 2 x S-rank pulls too, as well as the Appak mission that should have been there last week.

Not the most exciting week, but at least I have a chance of pulling Kiwinyan and Oranyan. I see much grinding in my future.

BatDan

I pulled Watermelnyan! Still need Oranyan but I feel good about this week.

Score Attack this week is Illuminoct so that's worth it.

Also, some new slots in the Medallium. All SS-Ranks.
Looking at the Wiki page, it's all bosses from Yo-kai Watch Blasters (assuming this is the name they're going with).
One is
Captain Thunder
. Interesting if they're going to show him before they show
Usapyon

Chopper

I've gotten Oranyan three times this morning! Still on the lookout for Kiwinyan. Christmas coins (nearly) redeemed!

Edit: Got Kiwinyan too. Result.

BatDan

And that's Oranyan pulled. Fruitnyan Basket is full.
All that's left is Sailornyan and Darknyan.

BatDan

This week's event is Komajiro S in the Crank-a-Kai. Should hopefully make up for that awful Thanksgiving event for people that weren't lucky enough to get him.

This week's Score Attack oddly enough isn't a YWB boss, but Kingmera. Which is weird since he's in the Crank-a-Kai and I thought Score Attack was reserved for harder to get Yo-kai, but whatever.

Chopper

Did you guys have trouble befriending Wrongnek? I've tried many times and I can't get her.
I don't remember her being particularly problematic. Keep going man.

Had a great day of cranking today. Got Komajiro S 3 times, got Demuncher to level 5 and pulled a couple of Soul Secrets, finally maxing Elder Bloom.

Weighing up who to focus my Soul Secrets on now. It was gonna be Beezlebold, seeing as he's been sat at level 5 for months. But with Komajiro S being readily available for the week, so I can make some decent progress with him, and Unikirin on the horizon, it might be a waste. I think Kyryn is the most sensible choice for now.

BatDan

This week we've got a new permanent level. Old Springdale. Though it's just called Springdale here. Weird.

The end boss, Dame Dedtime, has a small chance of dropping a Glacial Clip that you can use to get Blizzaria. Way easier than hoping for Auntie Heart to show up.

Unpleasant is now available. He's an S-Rank Score Booster like Elder Bloom, but he's really rare. It's likely that if you can get him, it's better to invest Soul Secrets.

This week's Score Attack Boss is Rubeus J. Which means that Kyubi Awoken is back in the Crank-a-Kai.

That's all the info I got right now. Updates as I learn them.

Chopper

Hidden Stage 26: Clear Stage 266 with Mudmunch
Hidden Stage 27: Clear Stage 275 10 times
Hidden Stage 28: Clear Stage 287 within 65 seconds

BatDan

Unpleasent shows up on Stage 274.

I got him to show up after a couple resets, tossed a 4-Heart Oden at him and... got Suspicioni instead. Fuck!

Gonna hoard spirit before trying again. Probably do star collecting too.

Oh, the end of Divine Paradise Floor 4 has Cap'n Rex, a recolor of Cap'n Crush. He has a chance of dropping a Shard of Evil to get Beelzebold.

BatDan

Got Unpleasent, along with Madmunch and Badsmella.
Also got every star. The hardest was beating Cap'n Rex in under 70 seconds.

Ecliptor

I saw him 5 o 6 times and I couldn't get him, haha.

EDIT: Are Gargaros and Komajiro S the same in terms of attack boost power?

BatDan

I saw him 5 o 6 times and I couldn't get him, haha.

EDIT: Are Gargaros and Komajiro S the same in terms of attack boost power?

Yes, along with Beelzebold. What's different is in the HP & Attack.

Gargaros
HP: 662
Attack: 487

Komajiro S
HP: 680
Attack: 499

Beelzebold:
HP: 665
Attack:484

As you can see, Komajiro S outshines the other two. But they do have advantages, specifically in Tribe Unity. Placing another Tough, Charming, or Shady will give an attack boost and more points. This is also effective for Score Attack.

There's another S-Rank Attack Booster on the way, Unikirin of the Heartful Tribe. He'll arrive when they're ready to release Slurpent (he's required to unlock him). No idea on stats, but when combined with Elder Bloom, Kyryn, and the Model Zero Watch, the scores will climb higher than ever.

Ecliptor

Cool, I guess I'll save my SSs for Unikirin. I hope he comes soon.

Between trying to get Unpleasant, Daiz and the Mermaid Pearl, I completely ran out of lives :(

BatDan

Cool, I guess I'll save my SSs for Unikirin. I hope he comes soon.

Between trying to get Unpleasant, Daiz and the Mermaid Pearl, I completely ran out of lives :(

Unikirin is going to be a permanent Crank-a-Kai addition. Don't waste your Soul Secrets on him.
Use them on Komajiro S or Gargaros. Beelzebold maybe.

Ecliptor

Unikirin is going to be a permanent Crank-a-Kai addition. Don't waste your Soul Secrets on him.
Use them on Komajiro S or Gargaros. Beelzebold maybe.

Even better then. I have another question: Can you tell what are those two yokai that I'm missing there?

40ubK4g.png

BatDan

Even better then. I have another question: Can you tell what are those two yokai that I'm missing there?

40ubK4g.png

The left is Robonyan F, who was only available in New Year's Coins because NHN aren't very smart (I got him and Robokapp, but not Sailornyan)

The right is Robonyan No. 28 (Japanese name, English name not known) from Yo-kai Watch Blasters, he's an upcoming Score Attack boss along with Bushi-o, G Baban, Captain Thunder, and Prison Breaker (again all Japanese names)

Chopper

Weird "event" this week. Higher chances of Charming and Heartful Yokai being cranked.

The banner suggests that Kyryn is back too, although the text doesn't.

BatDan

Sounds like they're not "ready" for whatever is coming. Sure is taking its time.

This week's Score Attack is Darkyubi.

According to the Reddit page, we have names for the SS bosses from Yo-kai Watch Blasters, obtained from datamining. Take with a grain of salt.

Bushi-O = King Shogun
G Baban = Tattleterror
Prison Breaker = Mass Mutterer

Robonyan 28 and Captain Thunder are the same in English.

Chopper

Well if they're just killing time, I'd appreciate it if they put the three New Year coin exclusives back in for a bit, every single one of which I missed.

Ecliptor

I didn't get Kyryn the last time, so at least I have something to do. Also, I finally replaced my phone, so I should be playing more now, Although I'm having trouble adjusting back to a phone after playing for months with a mouse, lol.

I like how this thread is just the three of us talking.

Chopper

I didn't get Kyryn the last time, so at least I have something to do. Also, I finally replaced my phone, so I should be playing more now, Although I'm having trouble adjusting back to a phone after playing for months with a mouse, lol.

I like how this thread is just the three of us talking.
Haha. So it is.

I'm amazed there aren't more here involved. It's such a good game. I tried my best to pimp it in the mobile voting thread, but I think people see "free-to-play" and are put off straight away.

BatDan

I can confirm that Blizzaria is in the Crank-a-Kai this week.

Would be nice if they TOLD US THIS! What the hell NHN?

Ecliptor

Good news: I finally befriended Unpleasant and with that, I got the Wibbly title.

Bad news: Did 20 pulls and no Kyryn. At least I'm getting tons of Komasans, so I should hopefully max him out soon.

BatDan

It's Monday, new event time! After last week's lackluster event, we get something of substance.

Divine Paradise Floor 5 is now playable. At the end you'll fight Flippa and Floppa, recolors of Kin and Gin. EDIT: According to the Reddit page, they can drop the Ageless Powder.

Arachnus Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai, an SS version of the Bony Spirits leader. He also gives a score bonus to this week's Score Attack boss (drumroll please) Robonyan 28! The Blasters bosses are finally here!

Also there are Valentine's Day coins, but they're only available through Login Stamps and there's only two. I hope they just forgot the missions because only two is lame. Though it sounds like there's not even any special Yo-kai in them, just another reskinned Five-Star/3000Y pull. But we'll see tomorrow.

EDIT: An empty slot has appeared in the Tough section of the Medallium, an SS-Rank. It's likely Toadal Dude Awoken coming next week. Meaning next week's Score Attack Boss is likely G Baban.

Chopper

This event. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I've come to terms with the fact that I won't get Unikirin. What other Yokai can I get?

BatDan

Lots to unpack in this one.

The hidden stages unlock PIttapatt and Toiletta. I only know how to get them on Team Komajiro and that's beating 15 with Komasan D and 22 with Jibanyan D. If you're on Team Komasan, use Jibanyan D and Komajiro D, if you're on Team Jibanyan, use Komasan D and Komajiro D. I don't know if the stages are the same.

Arachnia is in the Crank-a-Kai, he's actually really good at popping the boxes.

As we see, only 15 people per round will get Unikirin, and with four rounds there will be 60 Unikirins given out, along with Mermother and Komajiro A in Round 3 and 4. I hope they add Unikirin to the Crank soon.

Top Bottom