• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How many exclusives have their been? I haven't played in months and keep thinking of reinstalling this...

Quite a bit but as Chopper said they come back around.
The Fruitnyans reappeared twice, as did the Oni.
No idea when the Movie Yo-kai are coming back. I do know that they're in the G Coins now (Buchinyan in Pink, Hovernyan in Red, and Darknyan in Purple which I still need). Maybe when they finally get to the second movie? That will be a while since we still need to introduce Inaho and Usapyon to the franchise.

MiTYH

Wanted to get back into this game and redownloaded, whoops don't remember my login/password. Guess I'm starting over.

Player code is c496jpgz if anyone wants to add me. As a "new" player again I'd appreciate the free spirits!

Chopper

Meanwhile, I've managed to get everything I can out of this Scramble event. I just got this bad boy with my 40,000 point SB coin.

xRBSytN.jpg

It brings the only Yokai I'm missing down to 3: Sailornyan, Robokappa and Blazion Awoken. Feels good man.

I can just concentrate on maxing my last 5 S-ranks in the Crank for the time being.

Chopper

I got that guy too the other day, so that's something. Today's 15,000 SB Coin wasn't the lucky one, 2 more to go.

Click to see something funny/sad.
Dat point difference.

It seems to me that people aren't trying as hard this time round. I've been playing casually today, really just trying to hit 40,000 points, and I'm sitting in 3rd place on Team Blue. I think a decent push in the third and fourth rounds can net a result, cos people are bored/tired/running out of spirit.

Ecliptor

2 more coins gone and nothing. So yeah, I guess I'll have to do it the hard way. I have nothing to do tomorrow and Friday so I'll make a run for it.

BatDan

Since I got Unikirin, I'm not trying as hard. Only getting the 40k needed for the Contribution Rewards. Surprisingly I'm still in a good place, I think people aren't trying hard.

Good luck Ecliptor, I see you're doing well. Hopefully Flexter keeps the gap between 5 & 6 high since I know he has Unikirin already.

Oh yeah, really nothing this week. Just a boost to Unkeen in the Crank-a-Kai. Robbet & Goat estimate that last week was 8% with a Max Crank so it's probably 16% now.

Chopper

How you getting on Ecliptor? I can't see your progress from over here on team blue...

Edit: Just saw your score. You'd be second with a 47,000 point lead over 3rd if you were on this team!

Ecliptor

Thank you, guys. I'm currently at 3rd place with a 120k point lead over 4th and 192k lead over the person in 6th place. I could probably stop now and end at least in 5th place but I will keep going because fuck it, why not.

Chopper

Thank you, guys. I'm currently at 3rd place with a 120k point lead over 4th and 192k lead over the person in 6th place. I could probably stop now and end at least in 5th place but I will keep going because fuck it, why not.
Niiiiiice. Are you exhausted?

BatDan

This week's update

Mystery Way is back. Same stages I believe. This time Goldy Bones can drop G Coins. The third version will likely be easier now that there's more powerful Yo-kai to use.
The hidden stages are the same. First one is unlocked by beating Stage 7 in under 65 seconds, second one is unlocked by beating Stage 19 with 150,000 points, and the third one is unlocked by beating Stage 31 with Zerberker.

Happiere Awoken has been added to the Crank-a-Kai. He's another useful SS-Rank since he's direct attacker & healer, who unlike Camellia is actually useful. However the American team knew this so they filled the Crank-a-Kai with a bunch of A and B Ranks that are normally harder to get.

These are Lie-In Heart, Casanuva, Robonyan, High Gnomey, Nul, Espy, Darumacho, Frostina, Kiwinyan, Grainpa, Agon, Dracunyan, and Grumples.

Also Venoct Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai for fighting Hardy Hound.
Also also, Small Soul Secrets and Mini Soul Secrets have been added. I believe they were added to Puni with the YW3 content so it's nice to see them here now. Mini adds 0.2 to your Soul meter, Small adds 0.8. No idea if this is permanent.

EDIT: After a whole bunch of pulls, Happierre Awoken is mine!

MiTYH

Alright, so I'm still playing this (casually, it's like my... 5th or 6th gacha game I play when there's time). But I'm trying to get more into it and learn more.

What's the best way to start off? I've been doing storymode at a slow pace, trying events when I can for as hard as I can tackle. I spent some (in game) money for pulls, so my current team is:
B- Rhinoggin (recently pulled, damage dealer)
A- Siro (attack booster)
S- Uncle Infinite (heavy damage dealer)
B- Copperled (board shaker)
B- Nurse Tongus (healer)

So if you have any tips on yokai I should be going towards, or a goal that's good to aim for, I'm all ears!

EDIT: Oh, and I did one pull and got Insomni. So I'm one away from Shogunyan's seal, might try that now
EDIT2: Got em :)

BatDan

Work towards getting Komashura and Elder Bloom.
Komashura directly attacks all enemies for a ton of damage. Swelterrier is similar.
Elder Bloom is a score booster, an excellent one at that.
They'll be good for making you money so you can max out the Crank-a-Kai (getting everyone to Soultimate Level 7 and allowing easier access to event Yo-kai)

Attack Boosters are good too, and I see you got Siro. The only one above him that you can get without events is Beelzebold, who you get by fusing Timidevil with the Shard of Evil item (dropped by Zerberker).

Use Soul Secrets for Elder Bloom and Komashura.

BatDan

No updates this week other than Score Attack. You can still get Happierre Awoken if you haven't yet. The large number of A & B Ranks are still present.

BatDan

We've got updates.

The final floor of the Divine Paradise has been added. At the end is Kay Kraydel. She was the ultra-tough superboss of YW2 but I have no idea how hard she is here (still need to reach that part)
EDIT: Holy shit! She's capable of taking your Soultimates, and making the board swim like Cap'n Crash and Rex. Good luck!

Hidabat Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai for the week. He gives a score bonus to Shogun King. Hidabat Awoken is the last the of initial SS ranks, the 16 they introduced when they announced them. Not the last though, faaaaaaar from it. Japan even has an SSS rank, and yes it is as OP as it sounds.
Unfortunately, like last week they added new Yo-kai to make getting him tougher.
Devourer, Komajiro S, Robonyan F, Komajiro A, Jibakoma, Darknyan (YES!), Hovernyan, Espy, Kiwinyan, Agon, and Dracunyan. Sadly the Mini and Small Soul Secrets are still there (fffffffffffffffffffff-)
At least I finally got Darknyan. If I can get Shogun King this week, I'll only have Sailornyan... and Hidabat Awoken because I have yet to pull him.
EDIT: Hidabat Awoken pulled! Took over 200k to do it but now I got him. They spelled his name wrong though (Hideabat). I love his description though "he is a true Neo-NEET"

Can anyone help out Chris Schilling? He's an Edge writer, but don't hold that against him.

https://twitter.com/schillingc/status/861129913776181248

Wrong game. That's the 3DS game, this is the mobile game.

BatDan

Time for another Scramble Battle!

The teams this time are the Classic Yo-kai. Pallysol, Boyclops, and Lady Longnek.
In the Crank-a-Kai you can pull Tegnu and Tigappa. Good luck as the new B & A Ranks from last week are still there.
In the map's hidden stages, you can encounter Sheen and Snee. You will want Tengu & Tigappa as they do extra damage to them (they're pretty tough). To unlock the stages, use the opposite of your team (for example, I'm on Team Lady Longnek and I used Boyclops and Pallysol and Stages 15 and 23 (don't recall which is which)).
You can also encounter Jumbelina in the same way as Noko, she randomly appears.

EDIT: On a personal note, 5-Star Coins and Special Coins are now useless to me. I have maxed out every possible Yo-kai. They really should add a feature where you can give coins.

MiTYH

Is there a way ahead of time to see which team is ahead before joining? I'm sick of always joining the team in last -_-

BatDan

Is there a way ahead of time to see which team is ahead before joining? I'm sick of always joining the team in last -_-

Nope. The winning team right now is Red (Pallysol) but that can change on the fourth day (thanks RNG).
Winning isn't a big deal as you only get money. It's the team within ranking that really matters.

Vashu

Been playing it for a bit now, really like it.

Here's my friendcode:

auo2yxqc

looking forward to add some friends. :)

Chopper

Spent over 100k today and didn't pull a single S-Rank. This new crank is awful.
Agreed. I did manage to snag one of this event's Crank exclusives, but I have no hope of getting the other one, and I missed Blazion Awoken again. I don't have the energy for this Scramble Battle. My Wibble Wobble morale is low. I love this game, but I also hate it.

101Leafy

Neo Member
Agreed. I did manage to snag one of this event's Crank exclusives, but I have no hope of getting the other one, and I missed Blazion Awoken again. I don't have the energy for this Scramble Battle. My Wibble Wobble morale is low. I love this game, but I also hate it.

Which one did you get? If you got Tigappa, you can make some crazy Y-Money with him. Tengu isn't bad either.

BatDan

I get the feeling the people in the Red Team aren't trying this round. I managed to get in the Top 5. I'm not staying there, but it's just weird.

Also, we're supposedly getting a Crank-a-Kai update tomorrow. We shall see.

Chopper

I get the feeling the people in the Red Team aren't trying this round. I managed to get in the Top 5. I'm not staying there, but it's just weird.

Also, we're supposedly getting a Crank-a-Kai update tomorrow. We shall see.
What sort of update?

Chopper

Meh, all they did was add Blizzaria Awoken. The rest is still the same. Even Kyubi Awoken is still in there.
Dan, is your Tigappa maxed? I pulled him this morning and raised him to level 3,and the results were underwhelming. I'm not seeing the strategy here, other than get real lucky with Slurpent.

Ecliptor

That's it, I'm done with this game. I just can't find the desire to play anymore. All the latest "innovations" have killed my interest. I already deleted my save file so there's no going back for me now.

BatDan and Chopper, it was a pleasure to share this small thread with you guys. You were always supportive and helpful and I thank you for that. I'm sure we'll meet again in some other games or GAF threads, so until then, goodbye!

Chopper

That's it, I'm done with this game. I just can't find the desire to play anymore. All the latest "innovations" have killed my interest. I already deleted my save file so there's no going back for me now.

BatDan and Chopper, it was a pleasure to share this small thread with you guys. You were always supportive and helpful and I thank you for that. I'm sure we'll meet again in some other games or GAF threads, so until then, goodbye!
a4a.gif

I'm sad they killed the game for you. See you around dude.

BatDan

Oh damn, sorry to hear that Ecliptor. NHN better shape the fuck up cause we're losing more people and more negative videos are being made.

The Scramble is over.
Updates:
Until Wednesday, Double Chances in the Crank-a-Kai for S Ranks, SS Ranks, and Soul Secrets. Nothing really special other than the return of Arachnus Awoken. I really hope they get rid of the partial Soul Secrets cause that seems to be the thing that's making everyone angry.

There's also new Daily Event Missions. They give money.

There is a bright side. The Medallium has updated and it looks like we're finally getting Orgalus and the Momotaronyans. Terror Time next week! The last one (though they did do another where all three Oni were befriendable).

Chopper

I don't mind the partial Soul Secrets. It's those in addition to the fucking Exporbs. Get rid of the Exporbs, and I'm happy. As long as they don't fuck with the proper Soul Secrets pull rate in the process, of course.

BatDan

It's Terror Time! Orgalus leads the way this time.
With him comes the group that can take out any Oni with ease. Taronyan (Yes! They didn't screw it up!), Doggynyan, Monkeynyan and Pheasanyan. I suspect the latter three are in the hidden stages along with the Crank while Taronyan is Crank exclusive.
Taronyan makes it easier to befriend Orgalus while all four provide bonus damage (I see what they did there).

Top Bottom