• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

Ecliptor

So as I get closer to maxing out the crank, it has actually become harder for me to get the event yokai. The other week I could'n get that Toadal Dude and now I haven't got Arachna or whatever it's called. When I hadn't even maxed the B ranks I didn't have much trouble getting shit. I'm so close to dropping this game.

Chopper

Dude, if you drop this game this thread is gonna comprise of just me and Dan. I mean, I like the guy, but come on...

I'm fucked off about missing Unikirin and Slurpent, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that they'll be back in the Crank at some point...

Ecliptor

Dude, if you drop this game this thread is gonna comprise of just me and Dan. I mean, I like the guy, but come on...

I know and I have actually taken that into account when thinking about this game. Anyways, I got Arachnia late last night so I'm a little less mad.

Chopper

I know and I have actually taken that into account when thinking about this game. Anyways, I got Arachnia late last night so I'm a little less mad.
Haha. Good job.

I completely abandoned this second round. I've been on a stag do over the last few days, and completely ignored my phone. I logged in this morning though and claimed my score attack rewards, pulling Uber Geecko in the process, which is nice. And I will fight hard for Komajiro A, whenever he becomes available. But quite frankly, with the messy Unikirin/Slurpent stuff, I'm looking forward to this event ending.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sorry I haven't been posting. This event is nuts,
Round 1 I gave up after a while, but still ended up in 11th.
Round 2 I really tried, going crazy. Even ended up in 4th... but then I fell asleep and got overtaken because it turns out the rounds don't end at midnight, they end at 2 AM (my time). So I ended up in sixth. I also felt sick after excessive playing.
Round 3 I barely tried, and yet I still got 21st and netted a Mermother. Holy shit her bonus is really damn good. Might try again, with more breaks.

Also, this Tuesday is the 1st Anniversary Event, with a 1st Anniversary Coin. I don't think it will just be a reskinned Five-Star Coin like a lot of the holiday coins because the Japanese version got the same kind of coin. Though the majority of Yo-kai in it won't be available here for a long time (it's a lot of Three Kingdoms and YW3)

Ecliptor

I got Mermother too, but I can't even try to go for Unikirin now because I'm out of spirits ._.

The anniversary coin is going to be only one coin?

Chopper

I made the foolish mistake of going to bed (UK), and missed Mermother by 3 places! I'm livid, cos I dedicated what I felt was alot of time to it! There's no way I'll get the equivalent amount of time this round, so I'm out of luck. No Mermother, no Unikirin and no Slurpent. Fuck this event.

BatDan

Last day of the Scramble. I've given up. Level 5 & NHN better fucking fix this and put Unikirin in the Crank-a-Kai like normal (that's how they did it in Japan). It's completely irresponsible and awful that they expect people to grind 24/7 to even have a chance. People have lives, and don't want to get sick and turned off of your game you know?

For the rest of the week, Blazion Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai. You want to get him, he's an excellent attack booster, more powerful than the current ones being an SS rank. He gives a Score Bonus when fighting Tattleterror. If you can't get him now, wait two months when Tattleterror comes back.

Which might be likely as for the first anniversary of the game, they've re-added the Fruitnyans, Libertynyan, and the Mimikins. Making it harder to get Blazion Awoken (but I got him).
Also the 1st Anniversary Coins are trash. They're just reskinned 3000y pulls... AGAIN! Stop being lazy with the coins!
Oh and we know this because they've finally added the Crank-a-Kai Contents page. About time,

Chopper

Well I'll be damned. I got Mermother. This last round felt far less competitive. Last time, I dropped from. #9 to #28 in my sleep. This morning I had dropped from #9 to... #10! I guess people were either exhausted from this event, running out of spirit, or both. So I guess I'm as happy as anyone else who missed out on Slurpent can be.

But yeah, fuck these Fruitnyans. You are extremely lucky to have pulled Blazion already. I feel it's gonna be a long week.

Chopper

Yup. Missed Blazion. Those fucking Fruitnyans. Guess I'll try again in 8 weeks' time!

Double S-ranks this week (albeit with a few rarer Yokai like Gargaros thrown in), so there's a very real chance I could max my Crank if I find the time to dedicate to it. All of my S-ranks are at level 6, except Kingmera who is inexplicably still level 4.

BatDan

Rubeus J is this week's boss again, meaning Kyubi Awoken.
Not just Gargaros, but Orcanos, Slimmander S, SV Snaggerjag S, an Sproink S are pullable.

Been getting quite a bit of Soul Secrets. The more the better of course.

Chopper

Maybe we'll get a few more bodies in this thread!

I got a load of my mates to download it it this morning, and was very disappointed to see that friend codes and region-blocked. They're on their own!

Ecliptor

Maybe we'll get a few more bodies in this thread!

I got a load of my mates to download it it this morning, and was very disappointed to see that friend codes and region-blocked. They're on their own!

They are going to miss all the spirits you send every day!!!

Oh, wait...

101Leafy

Neo Member
My sparse spirit distribution is a protest to NHN's refusal to add a "send all" button.

Sorry I'm so lazy.

The issue is how Spirit is sent: The game sends a request to NHN's server every time you send one, which makes the process super tedious. I find all of the load times, including Spirit requests, to be faster on an Android emulator; however, your experience may differ depending on your computer's strength.

Chopper

The issue is how Spirit is sent: The game sends a request to NHN's server every time you send one, which makes the process super tedious. I find all of the load times, including Spirit requests, to be faster on an Android emulator; however, your experience may differ depending on your computer's strength.
Holy crap. A wild Leafy appears! Welcome to Gaf man!

Yeah, I don't really have a massive problem with sending spirit. It's quite simply that I forget to do so when my own supplies are plentiful. I'm a terrible WibWobber.

101Leafy

Neo Member
Holy crap. A wild Leafy appears! Welcome to Gaf man!

Yeah, I don't really have a massive problem with sending spirit. It's quite simply that I forget to do so when my own supplies are plentiful. I'm a terrible WibWobber.

Oh, thanks! I forgot I had an account here, honestly. I'll try and help keep this thread alive. :)

BatDan

Whoa, 101Leafy. Cool to see you, welcome to GAF.

So that's the reason we don't have "Send All". They really need to find a way around that.

Also, Unkirin in the Crank. Now. Limiting him to 60 was a beyond terrible move. If you don't want to balance Slurpent, then balance Score Attack's rewards. Top 500 instead of 250.

Putting nothing in the 1st Anniversary Coins was also terrible. I get it, we're far behind Japan. They have Shinuchi, they have Busters, they have Three Kingdoms, they have YW3. We're still stuck on Bony & Fleshy with no word on Shinuchi. But come on, at least they could have filled the coin with event Yo-kai. The bosses, the Oni, the movie Yo-kai, something! Plus, there's so many YW1 and 2 Yo-kai that have been released, and are still being released (Jetnyan!)

Yeah, enjoy the game Europe. Maybe you'll get content faster than we do (but I doubt it)

101Leafy

Neo Member
Whoa, 101Leafy. Cool to see you, welcome to GAF.

So that's the reason we don't have "Send All". They really need to find a way around that.

Also, Unkirin in the Crank. Now. Limiting him to 60 was a beyond terrible move. If you don't want to balance Slurpent, then balance Score Attack's rewards. Top 500 instead of 250.

Putting nothing in the 1st Anniversary Coins was also terrible. I get it, we're far behind Japan. They have Shinuchi, they have Busters, they have Three Kingdoms, they have YW3. We're still stuck on Bony & Fleshy with no word on Shinuchi. But come on, at least they could have filled the coin with event Yo-kai. The bosses, the Oni, the movie Yo-kai, something! Plus, there's so many YW1 and 2 Yo-kai that have been released, and are still being released (Jetnyan!)

Yeah, enjoy the game Europe. Maybe you'll get content faster than we do (but I doubt it)

Another reason behind not having a "Send All" button is that they want to make sending Spirit tedious so you get less and buy more.

Completely agreed on your sentiments about the localization. How my ideal March would've gone:

Manjuu Scramble Battle for the first two weeks. Unkeen, Kirin, Arachnia, Uber Geeko, Mermother, and Unikirin would all be in the Crank-a-Kai for the entire two week period. Unikirin is a top 5 reward to make it easier for those who aren't lucky enough to crank him.

To compromise with NHN's desire to make Unikirin a little limited, he would return as an Event Crank during every month's Scramble Battle, making him limited but still easy to get. In case you missed it, LEVEL-5 told me (that I'm allowed to tell you) that we'll be getting Scramble Battles every month. Fingers crossed for Sangokushi in April, but I doubt that will happen. The only other options are a completely new, Wib Wob-exclusive one (hah) or a recycle of the Yo-Cake Event, which would be disappointing but not surprising.

The Manjuu Scramble Battle would have had fully functional Event Missions and not locked random players out of the entire Event due to glitches.

Then, during the next two weeks, we would have had the first part of the Anniversary Event: Springdale Business Tower is fully intact with the single YW3 Yo-Kai, Isshun Boi, being replaced by Noko; he replaced Noko as the random, Rare Yo-Kai, so switching it back to Noko wouldn't really matter.

We'd get the Oni Crank-a-Kai with the following Yo-Kai: Befriend-a-Bosses (B and S), Mimikin A, Libertynyan, Fruitnyan, Gargaros, Orcanos, Dracunyan, Illuminoct, and Darkyubi. The Anniversary Coin also would've had this pool, and there would've been Event Missions that allowed you to earn some Coins and other prizes.

None of this is impossible. Hinoshin is from Shin'uchi, and many other Yo-Kai in Wib Wob are as well. The fact that we only got 12 Event Maps over an entire year while Japan got over 50 is very disappointing.

I would've loved to get the Shounen Sunday Collab, and NHN said they want to make it happen, but Shounen Sunday's property licenses are split up in America; it's not as easy to make happen as it was in Japan. We really should've gotten the FF stuff by now, though.

Chopper

A Scramble Battle every month?! That is the worst news I've ever heard. They are exhausting and stressful. Just means more missed Yokai for me.

They don't require any skill whatsoever. Just an inhuman amount of time. As a dad with a job, I'm at an immediate disadvantage, regardless of how good I am at the game.

BatDan

Monthly Scramble Battles? Hoo boy...
I agree with the idea of putting Unikirin in the Crank during the Scramble, give more people a chance. Hell, my Crank is nearly maxed out so it will be easy for me if that happens.

Chopper

Monthly Scramble Battles? Hoo boy...
I agree with the idea of putting Unikirin in the Crank during the Scramble, give more people a chance. Hell, my Crank is nearly maxed out so it will be easy for me if that happens.
Don't jinx it man.

BatDan

After a long wait, Mass Mutterer is finally ready to battle in Score Attack. He's an SS-Rank Attack Booster like Blazion Awoken so you'll want to get him.
Blizzaria Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai and she provides a score bonus. What's annoying is that her Soultimate is the same as regular Blizzaria. Cop-out!

Kouriozan

I can't believe it finally released in Europe, about the same time as 2, too, took a long while!

Yes, it's finally on EU appstore.

101Leafy

Neo Member
After a long wait, Mass Mutterer is finally ready to battle in Score Attack. He's an SS-Rank Attack Booster like Blazion Awoken so you'll want to get him.
Blizzaria Awoken is in the Crank-a-Kai and she provides a score bonus. What's annoying is that her Soultimate is the same as regular Blizzaria. Cop-out!

She's the only Awoken to retain their Soultimate, and it's one S. Level higher than Blizzaria's. Also, she has 10 more Attack. Blizzaria, Blizzaria Awoken, Jibanyan S, Red J, and Komajiro S make a ridiculous aggressive team.

Shoyz

6zbUxyP.jpg

After 9 straight failures at catching Auntie Heart using Matsutakes (4* food), I gave it one last attempt using the last of both my money and lives. I was elated when I got both her -and- a Glacial Clip to drop at the same time, when I took this screenshot, a moment before I realized that I was one shot away from dying with both enemies at near-full HP and me with nearly no soultimates ready.
And I forgot to save enough Y-Money for a continue...I ended up killing both enemies with <1 second left on their timers each, I was so scared.
This is from EU wibwob btw.

Chopper

After 9 straight failures at catching Auntie Heart using Matsutakes (4* food), I gave it one last attempt using the last of both my money and lives. I was elated when I got both her -and- a Glacial Clip to drop at the same time, when I took this screenshot, a moment before I realized that I was one shot away from dying with both enemies at near-full HP and me with nearly no soultimates ready.
And I forgot to save enough Y-Money for a continue...I ended up killing both enemies with <1 second left on their timers each, I was so scared.
This is from EU wibwob btw.
Congratulations! The highs of Wibble Wobble make the grind totally worth it!

BatDan

It's Scramble Battle time!
Teams are Venoct, Blizzaria, and Kyubi.
In the Crank-a-Kai, Unkeen, Devourer, and Uncle Infinite are available. Unkeen provides a Contribution Bonus, while the latter two provide bonuses for Capture
The Hidden Stages include Robonoko and Jibakoma. Jibakoma is the only Yo-kai that can do extra damage to the bubbles. Robonoko also provides a Contribution Bonus.

There's also special Scramble Battle Coins that have a chance at Unikirin. They're NOT 3000-y reskins either.

Chopper

What are Super Soul Secrets?
No idea. I don't think I'll ever know.

I haven't posted since this event started because I've spent every waking hour trying to befriend fucking Jibakoma. What a bastard.

After approximately 100 attempts, I finally bag him.

As a result, I can actually attempt collecting some eggs, so I continue making my way through my Team Blue map. By this point I've built up a few levels with attacking enemies. So with Unkeen, who I managed to pull thanks to the huge amount of cash I was accumulating by battling Jibakoma over and over again, and Jibakoma in hand, I've been collecting eggs left, right and centre.

Before I know it I've hit 15,000 eggs, and collected my first SB coin. I take a deep breath, turn the Crank and pull...

Unikirin!!!!!!

SLURPENT MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSS!

FUCK YOU SCRAMBLE BATTLE! I BEAT YOU! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! I WON'T SPEND ANY MORE TIME THAN NECESSARY COLLECTING BOXES OF WHATEVER! YOU FUCKING SUCK, AND I AM THE FUCKING MAAAAAANNNNN! FUCK YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS.

I'm quite proud of myself.

BatDan

What are Super Soul Secrets?

They're double Soul Secrets. Going up two notches instead of one. Say you're at Level 6, it will give you 16% instead of 8%.

Congrats on Slurpent Chopper. My SB Coins gave me Faux Kappa, Robonyan F, and Unfairy.

Won't get cocky but I'm at 3rd place with over 180k points (as of this post) with 6th at 113k. Hopefully they stay there because they already have Slurpent and have NO NEED TO GET IN THE TOP 5 AGAIN. I have the next two days off so I'm going to grind hard to maintain my Top 5 position.

Chopper

Wow. There sure is a learning curve to using Slurpent. I was unfortunately only able to get him to level 5 with the SS I had stored, so it's proving to be pretty tricky. Still, Massiface is fun again! That in itself is a result.

Dan, I've been meaning to ask you for ages, how did you get such a sick Massiface high score?

BatDan

Wow. There sure is a learning curve to using Slurpent. I was unfortunately only able to get him to level 5 with the SS I had stored, so it's proving to be pretty tricky. Still, Massiface is fun again! That in itself is a result.

Dan, I've been meaning to ask you for ages, how did you get such a sick Massiface high score?

Right now the team I'm using is Komajiro S & Blazion Awoken for attack, Elder Bloom and Unpleasent for score, and Swelterrier for damage. Blazion is at Soultimate Level 6, the rest Soultimate 7. Swelterrier & Komajiro's unity bonus helps.
If I can max Sproink S and Mass Mutterer, I'll sub them in.

Chopper

Right now the team I'm using is Komajiro S & Blazion Awoken for attack, Elder Bloom and Unpleasent for score, and Swelterrier for damage. Blazion is at Soultimate Level 6, the rest Soultimate 7. Swelterrier & Komajiro's unity bonus helps.
If I can max Sproink S and Mass Mutterer, I'll sub them in.
I'm amazed the unity makes such a difference. I'm using Unpleasent, Elder Bloom, Beezlebold, Siro and Komashura all maxed. 12 and a half million is as high as I can get, and Komashura is much stronger than Swelterrier. Impressive.

Unfortunately I missed Blazion Awoken.

Chopper

Did you bag Unikirin Dan?

I got Blizzaria Awoken from my last SB coin (who I missed last week), so I just need Robonyan F and I will consider myself done with this event.

BatDan

Fourth place on Team Venoct! Unikirin & Slurpent are in my grasp! I was a tad worried going to bed two hours before the event ended, but the gap was so wide it didn't matter.

To make things funnier, I used my Scramble Battle coins and got Robonyan F, Supyo, and a second Unikirin! So chances are I would have gotten him anyway.

Chopper

Fourth place on Team Venoct! Unikirin & Slurpent are in my grasp! I was a tad worried going to bed two hours before the event ended, but the gap was so wide it didn't matter.

To make things funnier, I used my Scramble Battle coins and got Robonyan F, Supyo, and a second Unikirin! So chances are I would have gotten him anyway.
Haha. Congratulations. Awesome luck.

Ecliptor, depends what team you're on.

BatDan

If you're on the Blue Team, get a Size 25 WibWob on Venoct's stage for Robonoko, and beat Kyubi in under 70 seconds for Jibakoma.

I think those same rules apply to Red & Yellow, albeit on different stages.

Top Bottom