• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

You can give friends spirits for more plays. Afaik it doesnt cost you any spirits to do so either.

To add to that, your spirits can go above the max 5 that you normally get over time. That's probably my favorite thing about this game. Most mobile games cap you at five even if you keep getting more energy to keep playing.

I normally just check my friends list and gift everyone I'm able to

I'm not used to this sort of mobile games being this generous with your plays. 15 minute refreshes, plus regular gift from your friends list add up a lot. And I only have 3 friends!

This accurately describes my situation right now:
Cegy3BDXEAI-8Oq.jpg

MiTYH

Seems interesting, always like a gatcha game. Never tried the series so it's all greek to me.

Still, I'm in! Friend code is 2j0z4vpa. I'll add any who add me -- tried searching in the thread but a lot had max friends already

Just started the game because of this OT. I've played the game on 3ds and I'm surprised how much content they brought over to this version.

Friend code is jmj95kxx! Add me and I'll reciprocate!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've got a bunch of people on my FL that aren't sending spirits or anything, so I'm going to go through and clear it out and request active players only. :3

Forkball

I turned on the game, accepted gifts from friends, and got 21 spirits total. THANKS FRIENDS.

Also how do you send out spirit?

Double also, what determines the Yokai that is shown on the player's profile?

gaiadyne

I turned on the game, accepted gifts from friends, and got 21 spirits total. THANKS FRIENDS.

Also how do you send out spirit?

Double also, what determines the Yokai that is shown on the player's profile?

You can send spirit by finding your friends on the map and clicking their portrait and also through the rankings which shows all your friends. The Yokai on the player profile is the middle Yokai in your team instead of the first on the left.

Shoyz

Please bring this to Europe asap :(

Can you not sideload?

I'm playing Hard Mode: Do all Missions (grind junk healer to 36, pay 2000Y+ for level expansions, for 500Y), and am trying to max out non-fusion/non-evolvable Yokai's skill levels (presumably eliminating them from the Gacha pool). Probably a fool's errand, for both.
Still fun though.

Anyone looking to spruce up the OT? This game is great and to be frank the OT is kinda sparse and doesn't explain much about the game and its unusual (for a gatcha game) unique features, like save files, no premium currency, and TONS of free spirits. If no one wants to and if Sammy Samusu is cool with it then maybe tonight I can see if I can whip up something.

Shoyz

I could switch to the US app store and grab it from there but iirc I won't get any updates when I switch back to the EU store again :(

I just use any APK downloader site to grab the game, and any subsequent updates as they release.

I'm doing really poorly at this game.
Do the Yokai's levels matter that much, or are my skills just bad?
Is it better to build up big wib wobs and combo them or do a bunch of smaller ones?

I'm doing really poorly at this game.
Do the Yokai's levels matter that much, or are my skills just bad?
Is it better to build up big wib wobs and combo them or do a bunch of smaller ones?
Big Wib Wobs is the way to go. Fever increases damage so moves are generally best during them.
Best spots to grind are ones with three enemies like Stage 14.
Also I think level recommendations are for E-Rank Yokai mostly. I beaten boss with a much weaker team, but higher ranking.

When building big wibwobs, don't forget that all wibwobs linked converge on the last one in the chain. You can use this to corral wibwobs closer together, or remove ones that are blocking another combo you want to make.

I got lucky. I got 2 A class Mysterious Yo-kai from the gatcha, and a C class healer that's also Mysterious, allowing for synergy and healingat once. I also am using another healer as well. Unfortunately the most recent Hard Boiled Egg coin I got just gave me a C Yo-kai. Hopefully the last one I get has something nicer.

I have a bunch of rare yo-kais that would make the game so much easier, but I refuse to remove the likes of Komasan, Komajiro, Cadin, Hidabat and Jibanyan from my team. :(

I faced the same problem in the 3DS game. ALSO I NEED TO FIND PUPSICLE <3

Went out to a concert, got back and after friends I have 15 spirit, this game is amazing.

Got to the 4th area, I feel like my team's pretty solid right now, that easter event + boss coins help a ton.

Did you purchase coins? :eek:

How did you get 12k? Grinding on boss fights?

Did you purchase coins? :eek:

How did you get 12k? Grinding on boss fights?

Haven't spent real money on it, and I really never had to grind in this game. I got lucky and got Cruncha (S Rank) from the first 5-star coin I got and I got Slitheref (A rank) from my first Hard boiled coin. A lot of the challenges give out yen, so I guess I've been just piling it up. Going through the 4th area got me another 4000.

I have almost 25k coins, having reached the 3rd area boss. I haven't spent many coins, only a few on a few ice creams to try to get Komasan and a level unlock for my current main team.

Are you guys using healers?

I have two healers on my teams now, one is C class and the other B class.

Are you guys using healers?

Nope. I was struggling in the first area with a healer and swapped it out for something else. For what it's worth most of my fights end with me having low health, and I've lost a few times because I've gotten a bad board or couldn't get my Soultimates off in time.

My current team:

Skranny: (Rank C, Mysterious, Healer)

Signition: (Rank A, Mysterious, makes WibWobs bigger)

Mircle: (Rank A, Mysterious, moves 2 WibWobs types to the top, my mascot)

Goruma: (Rank B, Tough, pops WibWobs on the center of the screen)

Nurse Tongus: (Rank B, Heartful, Healer)

I'm considering swapping Goruma for Mirapo for better stats, but its power is the same as Mircles (it's basically a weaker version of Mircle).

Chopper

I found the apk and just downloaded this bad boy here in the UK. I can see myself sinking plenty of time into this, so please do add me as a friend!

Code: 3vkcm7fp

MilShap

This is definitely my go-to phone game for a while. I'll be going through and adding in a minute here. Please add me

Code: 3odibi2s

I just pulled Contarioni from the catcher and its Soultimate boosts the groups XP gain. When its time to grind or farm for items or yo-kai, I'll try to remember it.

I just pulled Contarioni from the catcher and its Soultimate boosts the groups XP gain. When its time to grind or farm for items or yo-kai, I'll try to remember it.

Insomni's Soultimate also does that (You get her from beating stage 70 in 70 seconds), I wonder if those stack.

The visuals and production value are very good.
Hard to say if I'll stick with it after newness wears off, but fun so far.

Pulled an S healer, but first boss is still kicking my ass.
I suck at puzzle games.

watershed

Banned
I've been playing this game too much since day 1. I also bought Earthbound on the N3ds but I have barely touched it because this game is so good. I'm continually impressed by how well it makes use of all the mechanics of Yokai Watch into a gem-match puzzle game. And the presentation is top-notch. The models and animations look even better than on the 3ds thanks to the higher resolution.

Top Bottom