• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

The visuals and production value are very good.
Hard to say if I'll stick with it after newness wears off, but fun so far.

Pulled an S healer, but first boss is still kicking my ass.
I suck at puzzle games.
Are you following the eye with your pins? What other sort of members do you have?

I like it so far. The first boss was odd. For some reason, the target wouldn't switch even though I tapped the open eye. About halfway through it started working correctly. Managed to beat it on my first try with only about 1/8th of my HP left.

My friend code is leiayf24 if anyone wants to add me.

Ecliptor

Finally got it working and I'm loving it so far. After countless days of farming coins on Meowth and grinding on Ampharos in Pokemon Shuffle, this feels extremely refreshing lol.

My code is 95ca9s5c if you want to add me. I'll add some of you later tonight.

15strong

I like the puzzle mechanics in this but all the features outside of the basic gameplay are straight rip offs of puzzle and dragons. It's not even the free to play mechanics that turn me away, it's the constant grind that really gets tiresome. There have been so many promising puzzle games that have wasted all their potential with the types of wrappings they place around these games.

Chopper

How do I send stuff? Is it automatic? Cos I'm starting to feel bad that I keep getting Spirit in the post, but can't work out how to send it to friends.

How do I send stuff? Is it automatic? Cos I'm starting to feel bad that I keep getting Spirit in the post, but can't work out how to send it to friends.

You either tap their icon on the map track, or go to rankings and see them listed under Friend Score and Friend Star.

I like the puzzle mechanics in this but all the features outside of the basic gameplay are straight rip offs of puzzle and dragons. It's not even the free to play mechanics that turn me away, it's the constant grind that really gets tiresome. There have been so many promising puzzle games that have wasted all their potential with the types of wrappings they place around these games.

I kind of like the long grinding, it reminds me of Xenoblade X's grinding pace, which I like a lot. It's not too hard to level up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Grind grind grind grind grind...

Trying to grind out stage 50 and level up Lie-In a bit. I don't even know why. I saw a mission about evolving him, so I figured I'd give that a go.

Haven't been playing much the last couple of days because of class work, but I've been checking my mail and sending spirit to folks when I can. I have 70 spirit ready to go when I get time, lol. This game's amazing.

Downloaded this expecting the usual freemium hoops. Boy was I genuinely surprised. This is a great game that has captured the charm of the Yo-Kai Watch franchise and translated its mechanics meaningfully.

I am unsurprisingly addicted.
Please add me: 3b79e9uz
I'll send as much spirit as I can muster.

On another note, does this feature Yo-Kai introduced in the sequels? I haven't finished the original game yet, nor have I completed the Medallium, so I wasn't sure if these are new Yo-Kai or I just haven't encountered them before.

Chocoboko

Has anyone had any luck scanning in the physical medals? I tried using the wibble wobble website, but could not get it working and I don't see any way in game to scan them in using my phone.

Does anyone know if it matters if you evolve a yokai immediately or to wait?
For example, is it better to level up the soultimate move first then evolve?

Won't launch due to jailbreak detection, even though I've been on stock iOS for over a year. Cool. Not sure I want to play this bad enough to do a full wipe and restore to see if that fixes it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So something with my phone fucked up and I lost my game.
Here's my new Player Code: 9hqyjpyt

I still haven't hit the point where I feel I need to farm yet (Although I did do a bit of grinding for the friend limit missions). I'm halfway through area four. Where are you at this point Nick?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I still haven't hit the point where I feel I need to farm yet (Although I did do a bit of grinding for the friend limit missions). I'm halfway through area four. Where are you at this point Nick?

I don't NEED to grind, but I want to level up my lower level guys. I'm on 78 now.

Anyone want to share their current team? Here's mine:
Cev3hb9WIAA2eLV.jpg

Is the game down? I keep getting a network error.

Edit: That was weird, it's working again. My team's the same as it was above, except I swapped Jibby and Thornyan for Insomni and Bushinyan

Cindro

I just can't say enough about how well-designed this is. A shining gem in a market that's otherwise drowning in abject filth. I hope Nintendo's mobile efforts follow the same philosophy.

Do people still have slots on their friend list available? I'm sure I'll be an active player for quite a while, but since there are only 10 spots most people here probably already have a full stable.

Also, is there anyone in this thread with the photoshop skills to crop Komasan's face here (or anywhere, this is just the only picture I could find) and paste it over the crusty old white dude head I currently have on my avatar? I have this weird preference to never REMOVE anything from my avvy, only have it added to - and I'd love to rock Kommy over what I currently have:

This request might be better suited for a different thread, but I figured I'd throw a coin into the crank-a-kai here and try my luck!

HomesIice

This game has me hooked :jonny:

Got Shogunyan yesterday and he slay(-z) honestly
Just got betterfly through fusion but I can't seem to let go of Nurse Tongus and Gnomey...

In any case, tried adding heaps of people on here but a lot seemed to have full lists.
Add me! vxx3coud

KuroNeeko

Grind grind grind grind grind...

Trying to grind out stage 50 and level up Lie-In a bit. I don't even know why. I saw a mission about evolving him, so I figured I'd give that a go.

Lie-In is really strong once you EVO him and he works well with Bushinyan in that they share tribes.

His biggest drawback is that his colors are similar to Bushinyan's which can slow you down.

I'd be all over playing this port if I wasn't already heavily invested in the JP version. :/

This game has me hooked :jonny:

Got Shogunyan yesterday and he slay(-z) honestly
Just got betterfly through fusion but I can't seem to let go of Nurse Tongus and Gnomey...

In any case, tried adding heaps of people on here but a lot seemed to have full lists.
Add me! vxx3coud

Nurse Tongus (I'm guessing she's the pink mushroom you get via Fusion), is great in that you can farm her skill, but stats-wise she's pretty inferior to the butterfly healer (Betterfly?).

Shoyz

I was super addicted until I decided to farm a Frost Clip to evolve Frostina, which is apparently a rare drop from a rare encounter in stage 157.

I've used over 400 spirits on it, and fought the rare encounter over 20 times, and have yet to get either it or capture them, despite using Roughraff evo's Item Drop rate increase.. Buzzkill.

There's nothing like using all 30 spirits, not finding a single one, waiting over an hour, using up your new 5 spirits, finally finding one, and getting nothing.

Edit: Got one at around ~600 spirits.

HomesIice

Lie-In is really strong once you EVO him and he works well with Bushinyan in that they share tribes.

His biggest drawback is that his colors are similar to Bushinyan's which can slow you down.

I'd be all over playing this port if I wasn't already heavily invested in the JP version. :/

Nurse Tongus (I'm guessing she's the pink mushroom you get via Fusion), is great in that you can farm her skill, but stats-wise she's pretty inferior to the butterfly healer (Betterfly?).

Would you recommend me to drop Nurse Tongus now? I'm just using her as her tribe matches up with Gnomey :/

MicH

I suck at this game. I can rarely make it through the 10+ difficulty ones without buying a continue :/

My ID is riz7z4g0

How do you guys handle all your extra plays?

I have more than I know what ti do with, but I always try to keep my plays below 5 so I can recharge more. The rest stay in the mail or achievements page until I have time to chip away at them.

HomesIice

I have more than I know what ti do with, but I always try to keep my plays below 5 so I can recharge more. The rest stay in the mail or achievements page until I have time to chip away at them.

Yep thats what I do too!

---

Is everyone else just unlocking areas using Y-Money? Don't have the friend capacity for the other option :/

MiTYH

Yep thats what I do too!

---

Is everyone else just unlocking areas using Y-Money? Don't have the friend capacity for the other option :/

Not me, I accept all because sometimes it comes with money. I have +99 lives.... I know it's plus because even though it shows 99, I play a level and it won't go down... so, free game for me I suppose?

Also yeah, I spend money. It's just easier that way

MicH

Does anyone know where to get the blue butterfly? I want to fuse it with the orange one to get the healer

katagai

Does anyone know where to get the blue butterfly? I want to fuse it with the orange one to get the healer

I think I got mine from the crank-a-kai, but can't remember if it was through a coin or y-money.

Is Venoct considered good? He's the only S rank I have at the moment and I'm unsure if using skill-up books on him is worth it.

Chopper

Can someone talk me through Fusion?

I'm just working my way through the stages as they come. I don't really have a strategy, and I don't know anything about individual Yokai and their various abilities, but I'm having alot of fun. I'm being sure to catch each Yokai I come across, and am simply using the strongest team I can according to their Attack stat.

I don't want to lose any of the Yokai I've earned, but I assume I have to sacrifice them in order to fuse them. How come I can only fuse certain Yokai? Like, what's the criteria? If I lose them after fusing, can I just go back and get them again? How am I supposed to know what the result of fusion will be?

I feel like there's an FAQ I should have read, but haven't. Do the rules in this game also apply to the 3DS game?

Edit: Also, what's up with "Left: #" in the shop? I can only buy a limited number of that item? What the fuck?

Edit: Well, Sproink is a motherfucker. How do I beat this guy? Tapping his bellybuttons doesn't appear to expose his stomach!

Lunar FC

Damn you must play alot bruh, I have more plays than the game can display (99) rn.

katagai

Can someone talk me through Fusion?

Fusion requires two yokai or one yokai + one item. If you don't have a possible fusion combination, then you won't see anything in that section. It also seems impossible to "screw up" because you're essentially guided through the process. When you select the first yokai (and I assume item too), the game automatically darkens out incompatible yokai/items, leaving the lit ones as still selectable to successfully complete the fusion.

I don't want to lose any of the Yokai I've earned, but I assume I have to sacrifice them in order to fuse them. How come I can only fuse certain Yokai? Like, what's the criteria? If I lose them after fusing, can I just go back and get them again? How am I supposed to know what the result of fusion will be?

You lose the yokai during the fusion process, but you can still go back and get them again. As for the criteria for fusing them, I have absolutely no clue. I did a google search and found a list of possible fusion combinations, and there are apparently only around 15 possible ones.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/faq/y...ble/full-fusion-list-for-wibble-wobble-123297

Edit: Also, what's up with "Left: #" in the shop? I can only buy a limited number of that item? What the fuck?
I haven't tried purchasing anything from the shop, but I assume that counter resets the next day along with the daily score attack/missions.

KuroNeeko

Nurse Tongus:

Depends on what the rest of your team looks like. There are a lot of areas where you'll need a high skill level healer--the black oni, three kingdom event we got going on the JP side right now is one example. She could also come in handy when you're farming stars and trying to get those annoying "get X bonus...punis (the jelly things you're popping) in a single event.

Tongus works well with the healer butterfly that you get from fusing two other butterfly youkai (the orange and purple butterflies), since they share the same tribe.

Still, you're looking at 500 Y Money each time you fuse her and I think you need to farm 32 of them just to max her skill.

I haven't maxed mine and it's low on my list of things to-do since Y Money is your biggest bottleneck.

Y Money to unlock stages:

As for using Y Money to unlock stages, I'd say that's a definite "no-no". It's not that big a deal, but you're always going to be pressed with the decision to pull more youkai from the gacha OR to raise the max level of your youkai. S rank Youkais take a LOT of money to raise: unlocking levels 40-50 costs 4000 Y Money alone. Same with continuing, unless you're stuck at a boss (or have had a rare youkai drop), I'd never, NEVER spend Y Money on continuing.

Fusing:

You lose the base youkai when FUSING new youkai. Youkai Watch WW/PP is set up in a way that skill levels don't transfer between fusions / evos UNLESS the skill name is exactly the same. So if you're looking to build up Kyuntarou (the pink dood from the first area that makes it easier for youkai to drop), you should only start farming his skill level after you're fusing your Nurse Tongus. If you're only interested in raising the skill level of a fusion youkai, then you should farm exactly ONE of each base youkai, fuse them to get the new fusion youkai (or raise their skill level), then repeat.

You're always trading up when you fuse: i.e. the youkai you sacrifice are lower rank than the youkai you're trying to get. The only youkai that I would hesitate to sacrifice is kyuntarou because he is one of the few youkai that make it easier to collect rarer youkai (though the difference his skill makes isn't that significant.)

One confusing point is that FUSION is handled in a very different manner than the process for unlocking LEGEND youkai. As you collect new youkai, you'll notice that sometimes the game will tell you that you've "unlocked" a certain node. Once you've unlocked all the nodes on a page, you get whatever Legendary Youkai is on that page. As of now, all of the Legendary Youkai (with the sole exception of Bushinyan, the blue Jibanyan dood with the helmet) require one rare youkai only available from the gacha machine. The difference is that you don't lose any of the youkai once you've unlocked a legendary youkai--you only need to have those entries in your youkai album unlocked.

The conditions are

1) only certain combinations of youkai will result in a new youkai
2) the process requires 500 y money

e.g. ぜっこう蝶 and ゼッコウ蝶 make さいこう蝶

As far as I know, there isn't any other way to get さいこう蝶.

Y Money to unlock stages:

As for using Y Money to unlock stages, I'd say that's a definite "no-no". It's not that big a deal, but you're always going to be pressed with the decision to pull more youkai from the gacha OR to raise the max level of your youkai. S rank Youkais take a LOT of money to raise: unlocking levels 40-50 costs 4000 Y Money alone. Same with continuing, unless you're stuck at a boss (or have had a rare youkai drop), I'd never, NEVER spend Y Money on continuing.

See I thought about this too since Money is the main currency and max levels/gacha is how you get more Youkai. But at least where I just was, the gate costs about 500 coins to open, and you can make that money back with 7 plays, or 1 hour 45 minutes tops (and that's not factoring in how easy Spirits have been coming with active friends). Do they get way more expensive eventually?

KuroNeeko

See I thought about this too since Money is the main currency and max levels/gacha is how you get more Youkai. But at least where I just was, the gate costs about 500 coins to open, and you can make that money back with 7 plays, or 1 hour 45 minutes tops (and that's not factoring in how easy Spirits have been coming with active friends). Do they get way more expensive eventually?

No, they don't.
The cost is pretty insignificant, but 500 y money is 500 y money.

TBH, if you want to go ahead and pay just to get into the new area, that's fine. Personally, I literally have youkai who are sitting at level cap waiting for me to unlock them so they can gain exp again.

That, there are a lot of times where you'll get gacha-exclusive youkai that offer special bonuses during events so it's really hard to justify spending Y Money there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do skill levels carry through on evolution?

Also, on Y Money, I just don't spend it on the crank machine. I have 10k right now that I use only to unlock level caps and new stages.

Chopper

Seriously, can anyone give me any hints on Sproink, the world 3 boss? I've three-starred and caught everything up to this point, and this dude's fucking wall. I can't work out how to get him to expose his belly consistently!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going back to try and catch all the dudes I've missed. I have 78 spirit still. I have no idea how some people can be waiting on the timer in this game. I guess I just don't play enough!

E: Anyone spend money on this? Are the jewel Yo-Kai worth having, or are they just trophies?

Top Bottom