• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Beat McKraken today. Gonna have to work hard to beat him in under six minutes to unlock Hooligan Road.

I did manage to get Eterna out of the Crank-a-Kai thanks to a Special Coin. Second S-Rank healer!

I'm hearing that getting Pandanoko is stupid expensive. Like $800.

Status right now: I literally need Auntie Heart to get Gilgaros, who happens to be the second Legendary Yo-kai I am about to get out of all legendaries. CRAZY!

Chopper

Status right now: I literally need Auntie Heart to get Gilgaros, who happens to be the second Legendary Yo-kai I am about to get out of all legendaries. CRAZY!
I've been grinding for Aunty Heart for three days now. I've encountered her 6 times. Got two Glacial Clips, but no capture yet.

BatDan

So the game updated today, adding Jibanyan S and Komasan S through the Crank-A-Kai (3000y money only). Apparently they're powerful S-Rank versions of the mascots added to YW2. There's also Jibanyan A and Komasan A, which can be fused to the regular versions to get the S-Ranks.

Thankfully it looks like there's no time limit like Dracunyan.

Shoyz

I just started, what should I do if I hit a level I can't beat? Stuck on Draggie atm

Replay old levels to level up your main team, and to catch duplicates to level up their Soultimate skills. And maybe switch out the Yokai on your team for better choices, you shouldn't be getting stuck so early (if at all). Have you tried mashing instead of making combos?

Is there a good way to farm money without Elder Bloom? I've been farming random stages doing all my skills in fever but only getting 200-250 a pop is really slow. Especially when I've gone over 50 gacha spins without getting a single S rank.

BatDan

I learned the only way to get Mynimo (the last slot on the Shady pages) is through the real Medals. So I bought a couple blind bags (got a Venoct so that was neat). I looked and couldn't figure out how to scan the QR codes. Then I looked online and found it won't do that for iPhones, then found there's a separate website for that. So I tried that... and my webcam is a piece of shit that won't focus on the QR Code. Needed a new webcam anyway.

As for money: Best bet is to grind the enemies that drop rare evolution items. Like Payn in Sewer A, Zerberker in Sewer F, and Master Oden in Breezy Hills. Whapir and Auntie Heart would be tougher as they're rare encounters. The money is about the same, but you get a chance of getting one of those items.

Permanently A

Replay old levels to level up your main team, and to catch duplicates to level up their Soultimate skills. And maybe switch out the Yokai on your team for better choices, you shouldn't be getting stuck so early (if at all). Have you tried mashing instead of making combos?

Is there a good way to farm money without Elder Bloom? I've been farming random stages doing all my skills in fever but only getting 200-250 a pop is really slow. Especially when I've gone over 50 gacha spins without getting a single S rank.

What do you mean by mashing instead of combos? Just tapping bubbles repeatedly?

I wasn't stuck on Draggie too long but I'm completely stuck on Wotchagot. I die and 2/3 are still standing so it's not even close. So I went back to farm Spenp and had no luck so I tried farming Schmoopie for the ultimate. But I've done it 15 times with no drop, even putting the money in the shrine and some burgers. Is this RNG normal?

edit: I finally was able to beat Wotchagot since I got a Shmoopie and Spenp. I just unlocked fusion, should I make the Nurse Tongue or keep the Schmoopie with level 2 Soultimate?

I think I have spent over 30k on crank-a-kai (I'm doing the boss challenges).

I caught Jibanyan A on my first spin (then I fused it an got Jibanyan S), but Komasan A/S is nowhere to be seen.

Oh and I have room for friends, add me: hrgkhymp

Chopper

Over a week now, I've been farming for Aunty Heart. I've encountered her countless times, and every time thrown a level 4 food at her. No dice.

In that time though I've grinded various yokai to evolution, and to unlock friend list spots, as well as accrued enough cash to give the Crankai a few good goes, so it's not all wasted energy.

Still, I am getting fucking bored of these snakes now.

Ecliptor

Almost all my friend list has been inactive for more than 10 days, so I'll post my code again in case anyone who's still playing this wants to add me.

95ca9s5c

shaowebb

Oh wow...this game is super fun. I think I'll actually take my phone to work tonight and play this during breaks. This slitheref thing and the Kappa have a LOT of powerful popping stuff. Kappa waterfall blasts everything out of the middle in a strip and slitheref just sort of gasses things and clears a ton but puts down huge chunks of wibwobs and then puts out a bit of fairly similar wibwobs near each other to link and pop afterwards..

Fun game!

HomesIice

Oh wow...this game is super fun. I think I'll actually take my phone to work tonight and play this during breaks. This slitheref thing and the Kappa have a LOT of powerful popping stuff. Kappa waterfall blasts everything out of the middle in a strip and slitheref just sort of gasses things and clears a ton but puts down huge chunks of wibwobs and then puts out a bit of fairly similar wibwobs near each other to link and pop afterwards..

Fun game!

Wait till you get Shogunyan <3

---

Just cleared my friend list too! I gift at least twice a day <3
Add me: vxx3coud

Chopper

It... It...

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

fFa9F2Q.jpg

Holy shit. I have never grinded so hard in my life. Over a week of my life committed to catching this elusive cow.

Right. I can move on to Yokai World now.

BatDan

So I was star collecting, and the game just completely froze on me. Weird glitch... It was Stage 158 I believe, in the Excellent Tower.
Now I have to wait until it resets back to the title screen...

HomesIice

Level-5 needs to release events more often.

I just checked a JP ad and they are so far ahead of us.

That's what I've been thinking. Didn't we have a maintenance a weakfish ago for "Event Preparations"?
What's supposed to be the next event is seemingly really good so where this event at Level-5????

BatDan

Got some friend space from leveling missions and clearing inactives. Code is 9hqyjpyt

I know that there's an event involving the Boss Yo-Kai Goldy Bones (Gashadokuro G) that people managed to dig up. Hopefully soon.

Social

We need more gaffers to start playing! Give it a try guys, game is crack!

I removed some friends that stopped playing, so I got room on my list, any people want to add me? I play a lot and send spirits whenever I can :):

code: jb0w0kwl

I have never played a mobile game for this long. Got the game day one! I usually give up/get bored after 2 weeks.

This is BY FAR the best mobile game I have ever played, and it could be even better if Level-5 gave it more attention (faster release of events).

So yeah, I too recommend this game to GAF.

HomesIice

I'll add you guys when I do a cleanup of my list!
EDIT: Scratch that we're already friends MESS
---

Goldy bones event is out!!! Finally! As if i need to spend even more time on this game

Chopper

I'll add you guys when I do a cleanup of my list!
EDIT: Scratch that we're already friends MESS
---

Goldy bones event is out!!! Finally! As if i need to spend even more time on this game
Cool. An event. That's my afternoon sorted.

Seriously, this is the best mobile game ever.

HomesIice

Been farming the 3rd Goldy bones for a while...nothing to show for except a 1 star coin and a couple food items a damn MESS!

BatDan

Here's how to get the hidden stages (according to Reddit)
Beat Stage 7 within 65 seconds (pretty easy if you have crazy strong Yo-Kai)
Beat Stage 19 with a score of 150,000 (also easy)
Beat Stage 31 with Zerberker in your party (Zerberker is available in Sewer F in case you need to get him. He likes meat)

HomesIice

It's a yo-kai, not a skill. :p

Ok I just googled, it's Dandoodle and I'm missing Skreek to unlock the seal.

Dandoodle doesn't seem to have a big difference in recruiting Yokai tbh :/ Rates are still low af

---

Got a special coin from Goldy Bones! What do these do again?

BatDan

Good lord the third Goldy Bones hits like a fucking truck.
They say grinding on the third one gives the best coins. ... I think I'll stick with the second for now. Plus, try to get the stars on the stages I missed (there's one that wants FOUR Fever Times... holy fuck)

Dandoodle doesn't seem to have a big difference in recruiting Yokai tbh :/ Rates are still low af

---

Got a special coin from Goldy Bones! What do these do again?

I've had good luck with Dandoodle. It's item drops that are a bitch for me (still need Ageless Powder).
I believe Special Coins are a
guaranteed S-Rank.

Social

I agree with the crazy difficulty of Goldy Bones nr 3. He's not easy to farm if you don't do insane attack damage. My total is around 3100 and he still kicks my ass. Spending 500 each time is also not a good way forward. I get lots of coins from the second one but only bad 1 star coins or other crappy ones... :(.

Don't bother with grinding third Goldy Bones, I think he's designed to be very difficult so he can sap your money easily. He takes out my S-Rank team EASILY in 3 hits.

BatDan

Another upcoming event.
On May 20th-22nd and June 1st-7th, the chances of getting S-Ranks or Soul Secrets in the Crank-a-Kai will double. 3000 Y-Money only (which is stupid considering they have the Goldy Bones coin-dropping event going on).

This should be helpful.

HomesIice

Don't bother with grinding third Goldy Bones, I think he's designed to be very difficult so he can sap your money easily. He takes out my S-Rank team EASILY in 3 hits.

My S-Rank team does fine! Are yours maxed?

Another upcoming event.
On May 20th-22nd and June 1st-7th, the chances of getting S-Ranks or Soul Secrets in the Crank-a-Kai will double. 3000 Y-Money only (which is stupid considering they have the Goldy Bones coin-dropping event going on).

This should be helpful.

Finally a rate up of sorts, have been saving my Y-Money for this!
Thank you gacha games for teaching me to have patience

Top Bottom