• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Land Wii U Listing up on Future Shop

Assuming this is a new game, please no:

1) Fucking New Super Mario Bros presentation. I'll vomit fire if "bah" moves to non-NSMB games.

2) Fucking Artoon. Ruined YS DS.

Yoshi's Land, not Island.

Which may or may not be a good thing. If it was called Island, it would be pretty certain it would be a platformer. But Nintendo's names can be pretty ambiguous at times.
Sorry! I got a little too excited. As long as it's a new Yoshi game. I've waited far too long for a new Yoshi game.

IQPrL.png

How often did these rumors become true when it came from some retailers preorder site? Can't remember a single one, but lots of placeholders that meant nothing.

WAIT!!! Old School at VGA's, Yoshi's Land could be a Yoshi's Island sequal...OMG :O

I don't see Nintendo ever caring for such event enough to give them an announcement to reveal.

Kunan

I want this to be true so badly. Yoshi's Island remains one of the finest experiences I have ever had with gaming.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll take a 3D Yoshi game built around the same structure as Super Mario 64, please.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Retro's working on it.

I just hope it's more like Yoshi's Island, and less like Yoshi's Story
Yeah, and not like Yoshi's Island DS. The original YI is my favorite game ever, and I just recently played YIDS for the first time. I couldn't believe how mediocre it felt.

Salvadora

A bit early, no? Do we know who's making it? I said the same when I heard of Wario Land Wii. NSMB DS was a huge letdown for me too... so poor track record for Nintendo as far as 2D revivals are concerned. I vote Retro.

I wasn't be completely serious, but considering what Yoshi's Island looks like I have high hopes. Pls don't be Artoon.

RkOwnage

This will definitely get the wife hooked on the WiiU. She has been complaining about NSMBU saying it's just too similar to the DS,3DS and Wii version, which is sort of true, but I like...

Will reserve this when I see more, hoping for 3D Game tho, want to see true WiiHD power, not side scrolling shenanigans repeated!

How often did these rumors become true when it came from some retailers preorder site? Can't remember a single one, though lots of placeholders that meant nothing.

I don't see Nintendo ever caring for such event enough to give them an announcement to reveal.
I can't remember at the top of my head but yes there have been a fair number of retailer listings that came true later. More major retailers were reliable compared to more unknown retailers from what I recall.

Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service.

BOOYA!!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
They took one letter out so obviously its a prequel.

Just sayin'

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
If it's legit, the Yoshi game could serve to prevent the after holidays winter drought for Wii U gamers and prevent interest from waning.

Okay it's time for everyone to start pretending like they don't like the singing Yoshi babies in NSMBU, keep this on the down-low so that Iwata doesn't make a surprise ND that starts off with "wii heard you rike singing Yoshi, so wii make entire game of singing Yoshi's!" and then cut to Bill Trinen holding a half-eaten melon with Yoshi teeth marks in it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the convention of adding a U to the name of Wii U games. It was cool in the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 days, and it works alright for the DS. With the Wii U it just sounds weird.

Top Bottom