• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only choose one system to play for the rest of your life, which one?

Gaf,

Let's say you can only play one system for the rest of your life. We have had great systems, and I would say that is a tough call, but If I have to pick one, I would definitely pick the playstation 2.

What a beast! Great and memorable games.
SNES would be my 2nd pick!

Which one would you pick?

PS: No emulation is allowed,so only pick PC if you are talking about its own games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gaf,

Let's say you can only play one system for the rest of your life. We have had great systems, and I would say that is a tough call, but If I have to pick one, I would definitely pick the playstation 2.

What a beast! Great and memorable games.
SNES would be my 2nd pick!

Which one would you pick?
Why would you pick a PS2 over a BC PS3?

PC is the correct answer.

Tagyhag

PC, even if I couldn't use emulators there's decades of gaming to play and it will continue to get new releases.

If PC is cheating I'd say...PS3 with hardware BC.

As long as it doesn't break. :p

PC if that counts as long as it continues to able to be upgraded. If not then an original BC PS3 the 20GB one that didn't have as many problems with emulation like the bigger capacity ones did.

Fredrik

Obviously PC since it's constantly evolving and has emulators for consoles and just gets more and more popular with more love from the devs.

Edit: Still PC after the updated rules to not allow emulators. No contest.

SNES or Dreamcast. Emulating games sucks the enjoyment out for some reason so I wouldn't go with PC.

Probably Dreamcast, there are some many DC games I could play again and again.

kunonabi

Are we talking desert island or just normal living conditions?

The contenders for me are Dreamcast, Wii, and PS2 but I need to be clear about the scenario. Is it possible to have multiple units of the one console as in having a US Wii and a Japanese Wii?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
PC, i mean a console will eventually die and stop getting games, pc not only will always get games but it can even emulate consoles, so is there really any other answer?

Well as I plan on living for awhile I'd say PC. More games available than I'd be able to ever play. If we're talking strictly consoles though I'd say the 360. Such a great library of both AAA, XBLA, and Indies. HD, surround sound, and the best network for consoles. Pretty easy choice tbh.

GodofWine

As a long time 'Console Only', Im going with PC.

PC aside - Xbox (Im not limiting it to '360' or 'one', Im picking the ecosystem), I think at some point MS is going to buy/muscle/wrestle their way to the top (and PC is part of this). Its already started with their Minecraft powerplay on Sony. They just kneecapped Sony by stealing the 'everyone under 12' market.

Up until that move, I'd have said Playstation (as its all I've ever owned up until I added a gaming PC 2 months ago), but MS's minecraft move is bigger than it looks.

13ruce

Banned
The one that has the most Zelda + Pokemon and Mario + Metroid games available since i can replay those forever.

Top Bottom