• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only choose one system to play for the rest of your life, which one?

GamerJM

Banned
If PC counts then PC I guess probably, not even a PC gamer but there's too much from too long of a period of time there

Otherwise DS if no BC/VC. Wii if you can have that.

PC is obvious. Backlog till the beginning of gaming and forward-compatible. Chosing a console means new games for the next 5 years or so and then you are stuck with the lineup.

PC without question.

If a console then.....ugh. Probably Xbox One only because it is also backwards compatible with 360 and soon Xbox. 3 generations of gaming right there.

Gonna miss Nintendo though.

Eusis

PC is easily the best option, decades of Gabe's all on one system.
If I was stuck with only Valve's output I'd run the fuck to almost any other console. I'd pick it over Virtual Boy and any other pre-GBA handheld but of major consoles? Nah, or I'd have to seriously think about it (there IS something to be said for the perpetual existence of TF2, CS:GO, and Dota 2.)

Bl@de

I don't even remember when I used my PC for emulation. Silent Hill 2-4 are basically the only games I've played in the last 3 years via PCSX2.

There is so much to play from all kind of genres that I don't even need it. PC is always the answer. Biggest and most diverse library of all systems.

I am shocked to say this.. the Wii U.

I can play most Zelda games on it.

Dude, same here. Easily Wii U. With Virtual Console + Wii BC, I can play almost every major entry in pretty much all of Nintendo's IPs. In some cases even their handheld counterparts as well! And lots of my favorite 3rd party games too like Harvest Moon 64 and Bomberman 64.

The only games it's missing are GameCube games and since Metroid Prime 1&2 and Pikmin 1&2 both got remade for Wii, personally I don't mind not having Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion when I get almost everything else.

It IS a bummer that I wouldn't be able to play Super Monkey Ball 1&2 though. They really should make a Monkey Ball Collection.

Jimm

Maybe Vita... for all the JRPGs spanning PS1, PSP and Vita providing I'll have access to the servers to download said back catalogue.

Rathorial

PC

Most games, because it has no generations, and I can have a laptop for portability. Also more control options for more types of games.

If a console, then the PS2.

Usobuko

Banned
No emulation?

I see Final Fantasy Tactics as a very important game for myself with the themes it presents and the way it narrates it. It has to be the WoTL version too.

So, begrudgingly, the Vita.

PC is the only sane answer.

Not really, I own a ton of unplayed games on the Xbox, and I'll get more with my subscription. I also like the console experience. I own a semi decent PC for VR, and I'd still choose Xbox.

I also consider myself same...certainly by medical standards anyway.

In terms of future proofing, I'm assuming that PC does not include the ability to upgrade, otherwise console users should be allowed to buy a new console.

zoodoo

Everyone saying BC ps3 seem to forget ps1 and ps2 games look like ass on hd tv. Unless you use a crt which in that case fucks up ps3 games. So PC

Scrawnton

I'm not gonna be cheap and say PC.

So, Wii U. Between Wii U games, Wii games, and all the VC titles to grace both platforms, you have the ultimate Nintendo console. (Can I hack it to also play GCN games?!)

Top Bottom